Deleted

[Mage] Alright, I'm lost...

Is it me who is incredibly annoyed by the amount of BiS lists, suggestions on rotations etc. available on the Internet which all has small to big differences in their opinions? Like seriously, what the hell...

Now, I'm playing an Arcane Mage, mastery oriented and I recently got my hands on the heroic version of Light of the Cosmos. Some people say it's crap, others say it's good. Some sites calls it BiS and some doesn't. Which one do I believe here?

I'm sitting on Relic of Yu'lon (2/2) and I haven't had access to the normal version of Essence of Terror yet; and I'm not sure if it's worth it?

Please somebody with an actual brain shred some light on this... Askmrrobot values the Relic of Yu'lon to be a ~800 dps increase and the Essence of Terror and Light of Cosmoc to be above ~1300 dps increase while the guide on these forums as well as some other places, shows the relic and the EoT trinket to be BiS.

Also, which place do you guys go to, to find out your BiS? I'm using askmrrobot for reforging and Icy Veins to find my BiS list. Both are giving difference answers on my BiS list with other gear, like weapons. Icy Veins wants me to use MH+OH while askmrrobot wants me to use the staff from Lei Shi HC.

E: As far as the trinket goes, I'm also considering switching to frost. Am I right in thinking that the normal Essence of Terror combined with the heroic Light of the Cosmos is better than Relic of Yu'lon + normal Essence of Terror if I use NT / LB instead of FB?

Deleted
    Check the Arcane Mage thread and the OTHER thread on the front page. They have a nice table in the guide, which I can't link to.
    Last edited by mmoc129ab2e3e0; 2013-01-31 at 12:01 PM.

im currently using relic 2/2 and LoTC 2/2 as arcane mastery as well as the other mage in my guild. the only thing you are going to replace relic with is heroic Essence of Terror 2/2. in terms of weapons, i dont think there is much difference between MH/OH and the staff

as for frost, i personally wouldnt use any other bomb than frost bomb. as brainfreeze only procs of bombs its totally rng with NT or LB, where as its a guaranteed FFB every 8 seconds with frost bomb. in this case you cant really use LoTC with frost bomb, therefore it would be wiser to go with relic and essence trinkets. but if your reluctant to not wanting to use frost bomb and still want to use LoTC, i would go with NT as it ticks faster and therefore has a higher chance to proc the trinket

hope it helps!

Use simulationcraft to simulate for your gear/spec/talents which of the two will be better for you.

Deleted
    For Arcane:
    BiS trinkets are DMF (Relic) 2/2 and LotC 2/2.
    BiS weapon is the staff (if you haven't upgraded an OH or MH).

Deleted
    In a fight where there is a lot of AoE involved and you are taking Frost Bomb, LotC will not be BiS because nothing will proc it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    Use simulationcraft to simulate for your gear/spec/talents which of the two will be better for you.
    This.

using 'askmrrobot' without figuring out your actual stat weights (instead of default) will tell you what your bis is, based on other pieces you have/will have

Quote Originally Posted by Vykina View Post
    For Arcane:
    BiS trinkets are DMF (Relic) 2/2 and LotC 2/2.
    BiS weapon is the staff (if you haven't upgraded an OH or MH).
    Debatable. On paper it might be true, on practice I feel like the haste trinket is better due to proc lining up very well with cooldowns (sometimes)
    Last edited by Makarena; 2013-02-03 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    This.

using 'askmrrobot' without figuring out your actual stat weights (instead of default) will tell you what your bis is, based on other pieces you have/will have
    This². EJ tools is great too