Is it possible to change item text back to how it used to be?

In case I didn't word that properly, I meant is there any way to change how the stats appear on gear (the green text on secondary stats). Because currently, it is buggin the crap out of me the way it looks now. Armory still shows the stats the way it has been since vanilla...and I was wondering if there is some option I am not seeing in the config, or if there is a known addon to change the appearance back to the way it used to be.

I know I'm not the only one asking for this...so please, if you can...help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I would like this too.

I was talking to a friend in skype about it yesterday.

It's extremely annoying. I like the text when enchanted and reforged stats were green.

Now it looks like every secondary stat is green and it's just annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Yeah, when I saw the "stat upgrade" process screenshots...I assumed they changed the appearance to make the stat differences more noticeable. I didnt think they were actually going to make that go live...

10+ Year Old Account
    I too would prefer the old display. Maybe some talented fella will make an addon for just that.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure writing an addon to do this wouldnt be overly difficult. Unfortunately I dont have the experience, nor desire to learn yet another language at the moment.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkitZoFrenic View Post
    In case I didn't word that properly, I meant is there any way to change how the stats appear on gear (the green text on secondary stats). Because currently, it is buggin the crap out of me the way it looks now. Armory still shows the stats the way it has been since vanilla...and I was wondering if there is some option I am not seeing in the config, or if there is a known addon to change the appearance back to the way it used to be.

I know I'm not the only one asking for this...so please, if you can...help.
    You should probably ask this on the official forums

Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    I'm sure writing an addon to do this wouldnt be overly difficult. Unfortunately I dont have the experience, nor desire to learn yet another language at the moment.
    Careful what you say, that last sentence makes you sound like an arrogant douche tbh,

But yea it annoys the fuck out of me, I haven't checked to see what it says for a "chance on hit" effect yet, but that will annoy me as well I'd imagine, hopefully we will get some sort of add on
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I know the only reason this was changed was probably because of the new item upgrade system through justice/honor or valor/conquest, but the fact is they changed other things beyond that for no particularly good reason. This game has been out since 2004; many people are used to a certain look, and the new "look" represents a mostly needless update with no purpose. The read-out for an item need not have changed except for adding the item upgrade status.

Yes, I am picking nits, but that is what happens - and should be expected - when this sort of change happens for no good reason after years of it being another way.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy View Post
    I know the only reason this was changed was probably because of the new item upgrade system through justice/honor or valor/conquest, but the fact is they changed other things beyond that for no particularly good reason. This game has been out since 2004; many people are used to a certain look, and the new "look" represents a mostly needless update with no purpose. The read-out for an item need not have changed except for adding the item upgrade status.

Yes, I am picking nits, but that is what happens - and should be expected - when this sort of change happens for no good reason after years of it being another way.
    And the major argument to that is, people are too freaking afraid of change. I welcome this change. I got so sick of many of the crafted random items not having their secondary stats showing up as 'Equip:'. Now, everything looks the same. Fine by me, and I've been playing since vanilla. I never did understand why they had the 'Equip:' part on there anyway; regular stats didn't need it either, so what's the point? Now it's all the same, nice and uniform. At least secondary stats are still green, you got to keep that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Careful what you say, that last sentence makes you sound like an arrogant douche tbh,

But yea it annoys the fuck out of me, I haven't checked to see what it says for a "chance on hit" effect yet, but that will annoy me as well I'd imagine, hopefully we will get some sort of add on
    Not how I meant for it to come off. Writing an addon is something I've wanted to do for a while, I just never find the time to learn a new language. Seems I only ever do that for school. It also doesnt seem too hard to write an addon that works all right, while it seems very hard to write one that the general public approves of and uses.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

10+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead has a page for how XML (I think) can be used to customize the text layout.

So expect modders to be making their own visual schemes soon.

Personally, it looks horrible as it is, and Blizzard is probably expecting modders to fix it how they want it.

EQ2 stat layout scheme, please!

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Truth_...%28Mythical%29
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

This was the closest i could get without doing some major google-ishing:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/itemtooltipcleaner