Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I think that the main issue with the game atm is class balance, I'm quite happy with the PVE side of the game but I'm firmly convinced that PVP will never be in a really good state until PVE and PVP are completely separated and tuned appropriately.
    So, I'd separate abilities, stats, talents, pretty much everything that needs to be separated in order to balance much much more easily both aspects of the game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Separate PVP and PVE. Entirely. Abilities, gear, everything.
    Damn, didn't read it, you beat me to it...
    Well, glad someone else agrees with me.

I would cut down the number of classes in the game. Recruiting out of 8 classes for 40 man raids wasn't half bad when you could just have 3 mages or 5 mages or 7 mages and it wouldn't harm your guild but trying to fill 10 man raids with 11 classes means they're stuck having to homogenize across classes anyway and class balance still isn't working very well. Make the raids 15 man, cut down the number of classes to 6 or 7 and give all classes one tank or a heal spec. Then we could actually recruit the player instead of recruiting the spec.

Combine mages and warlocks in one wizard theme character. Remove arcane, keep frost and affli, roll fire and destro in one fire spec. Give this class a disc priest like spec with ice barriers castable on others etc.

Combine druids and shamans in one nature theme character without shape shifting. Roll restoration specs into one restoration, combine balance into elemental, remove enhancement and keep feral specs around for melee specs.

Remove paladins and add paladin as the healing spec for warriors.

Give hunters a tanky melee spec.

Remove monks and death knights of course. Come up with a fresh class for the fifth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    That, and most likely remove DK's from the game.
    I second that, especially in PvP as a lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the interface is the one thing I would change, if I could only change one thing. I know you can move stuff already and you can get addons to move things around but either change the default interface or come with some optional interfaces.

The default interface isn't great and it's especially bad if you have to track buffs on yourself, your target and as well as your resources (much like feral druids have to). It really forces players to download addons that really should be built in by default (aura tracker and even coordinates).

I do like the idea of class specific dailies too that force you to use your different abilities and tell you why. I have no issue looking up my class and figuring the ins and outs, but I have so many guildies that don't and could benefit from this so much.

CRZ out for PvE realms

15 man raid standard

10+ Year Old Account
    One single thing? Raid progression. Put it back to the BC/Vanilla raid gear standard, where you need to do all the raids in an xpac, in order, to gear up properly. Keep attunement quests outside of raids so that you don't have raiders getting poached solely for attunement reasons. This would keep content relevant and interesting far longer than the present "next patch is out, bye tier!" problem Blizz has now.

Edited to add: And go with 1 standard raid size, like crunk suggested above, 15 would be good.
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2012-11-30 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Give all classes a class area(like the monks) with quests to help us learn our classes better(again like the monks)

Add in class factions(such as Ravenholdt for rogues) and enable us to earn rep by doing training dailies(like monks dailies) and let us buy class only armor/transmog gear. Might be a way to integrate the armor from class select as well as bring back unobtainable armor sets.

So yeah bring back/create more class specific content. Most areas that i could see working already exist.

Warriors get Arcatraz/Flay island

Mages Dalaran(instanced version/special area)

Hunters either a Hemit camp or the Lodge in Loch Modan

Locks either an Altar of Storms or a sorta demon void.

Shaman either an elemental realm or the Earthen Ring section of Nagrand

Rogues OBVIOUSLY Ravenholdt

DKs kinda covered(Archerus)

Pallies either Lights Hope, a Naaru(Maybe Shat or Exodar for Alli and the Horde Blood Knight area in Silvermoon)or Uthers Tomb

Druids also covered(Moonglade)

Priests Hmm Either Lights Hope or some other priest centric/style area.
    Oh, I'm liking this one!
    Warlock (SL main)

Additional recolors of old armor sets that can be bought at antique shops using archaeology boxes, and/or are archaeology commons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Have you ever heard of a game called Guild Wars?
    actually, with the aimed casting and friendly fire, Darkfall 2 is even more up his alley.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    15 man raid standard
    End of expansion final bosses being 40 mans

I would convert everything in the world as it exists back to the standard of 2.4 during TBC. Here's what I would change:

1. Return Mounts to:
    Level 40 - 60% - cost 250g
    Level 60 - 100% - cost 500g
    Level 70 - Flying 150% - cost 1000G
    Level 80 - Flying 280% - cost 2000g
    Level 90 - Flying 310% - cost 4000g

Flying would be removed from major faction cities. Ground mounts only in town.

2. Hunters would once again carry ammo or arrows and require one bag slot for this RPG feature
    3. Fishing poles, gathering tools, Flint & Tinder, simple wood, and other profession related items would now be required.
    4. Transmog would now cost 1K gold per piece per xmog
    5. Personal Banks would now have tab options for purchase similar to Guild banks
    6. Bags would be provided and all 5 character slots would permanently be 30 slots each
    7. Dailes would be weeklies. It will be one Dungeon to give the current maximum rep / vp
    8. Tabards would be placed on a tab, much the way rogue poison is.
    9. All items will now stack to 100 instead of 20
    10. Auction House will now cap all sold items at 5x their retail limit
    11. Items that can stack can no longer be sold as single items
    12. Players would get 3 main professions to reduce the need for alts
    13. All secondary proffessions will be account wide and items gained from them will be BoA to be usable by alts
    14. All BoA gear will be stored on BattleNet and you must log in to move the gear amongst any other character on your account. Gear must be placed in the toons bag in order to be moved to another character.
    15. Have Group, Will Travel will be added to all spellbooks again.
    16. Realm transfers will be free, but limited to 1 character per 15 days.
    17. CRZ will be removed and low pop realms will be deleted and all characters moved to med pop servers.
    18. Special characters will be removed from names (that resemble symbols rather than letters) and repeated lettered names will no longer be allowed.
    19. Each race will now have a dungeon associated with it to allow farming of rep
    20. World dragons will be returned to world portals
    21. Legendary items will be given after a full leveling quest chain. At every 10 levels you do another quest in the chain, and at level cap are presented with a weapon designed for your toon only (BoP) and tuned to your Main Spec only.
    22. All NPCs within town or city limits, or are part of a Holiday event, will have a 3 yard invisible barrier around them preventing people from parking mounts, or characters on top of them.
    23. All dungeon mount drop rates will increase to a 3% cap.
    24. Mounts only usable in certain zones can now be used anywhere (AQ mounts, seahorse, etc)
    25. Dueling will no longer occur out in the open. Now in order to duel opponents, you will be taken into a large arena type area and matched within + or - 5 levels to duel. Think of it as Golshire meets Thunderdome.
    26. /yell will now have an area of 40 yards. Outside of 40 yards, no one will see your screaming.
    27. 2 sentence limit for chatting will be raised to 4 sentences within a limited time period.
    28. A new mount will be made for each class. As DK, Pally, and Lock all have class specific mounts, all other classes will get a mount tailored to their class
    29. Vendors in cities will now repair your gear for free if you are exalted with that faction. You also receive a 50% sale price for exalted status. Not being exalted costs full price + 10%
    30. Rep will now be account wide and items gained from rep will be BoA
    31. All mail will be instant
    32. Characters will have a chance to do a long quest chain for Gnomeregan and as a reward (at level cap) receive an ENG treat: A choice of Jeeves, MOLL-E, or a permanent portable Anvil/Forge combo.
    33. PvP will no longer occur on RP and PvE realms in the world. World PvP will be restricted to PvP, and RPPvP realms.
    34. All raids will be tuned to 15 man. Difficulty will fall between 10man and 25mann as these two types will be removed. Regular, Heroic, and HARDCORE modes will be the 3 options for the new 15 man systems.
    35. Guild levels will be removed. All perks will be rewarded to guilds with more than 20 members which are active more than 60 days. The timer starts when the 20th member joins.
    36. Guild charters will no longer require additional signatures. GMs can just register a guild charter.
    37. Stormwind will be repaired and druids will help magically rebuild the park. Org will finally complete construction. Zones that were on fire will no longer be and the world healing will begin.
    38. An election will be held on BattleNet to determine the new Warchief. Once selected, the new chief will roll up in Org and decapitate Garrosh, putting his head on a spike outside the front entrance.
    39. Cities will now get teleporters which cost 5g per teleport to other major cities. Mage porting would still be cheaper.
    40. Portals will be returned to Shat, Dal, SW, Org, and will remain in Pandaria allowing people to choose their own home city. Also, making it easier to call that major city home while questing there.
    41. A couple new 4 person mounts will be introduced. A gnomish and goblin version of battletanks from Wintergrasp.
    42. All heroic and raid lockouts will now be reduced to 1/2 of their current time.
    43. All current dungeons will be moved from 5 man to 3 man and tuned for the group based on the dynamic joining (much like scenarios)
    44. I would not change a thing since I like this game just the way it is.... BAM

Sorry you had to read all that, but I was kinda bored and figured I would respond with things that cross my mind from time to time. Honestly, only thing I would change is CRZ. I would just merge realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since people are making this into a wish list instead of a "What is the ONE thing youd change";
    - Resistances back in the game
    - RealID implemented in forums
    - Guild Status Tracking on players (how many guilds, if they were kicked or quit)
    - Removal of PTR. Lets face it, its pretty much a failure as a way to test content, people just use it to find exploits and abuse early access to PvE content.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Change how the raids lockout work, use the old model were 10 and 25 were separate and make less gear or ways of getting that " epic " gear since its way to easy now to obtain it. Would tune content enough to where the top guilds in the world don't kill the final boss during the first lockout and i would remove flying in Pandaria.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

- All world/quest mobs, especially the elite ones, will be tougher again
    - Better PvP balance by more offensive rebalancing in-between expansions
    - You can have 1 crafting profession and 1 gathering profession. No two same ones. Also, gathering profession bonuses could be rebalanced maybe
    - Old raid and dungeon content would scale player gear down so it will still be a challenge. No more soloing stuff
    - Spectator mode for raid/arena/rbg/challengemode
    - Class-specific quests make a return (a few at least)
    - Cross-realm grouping of Alliance and Horde is possible
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2012-11-30 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot to add:

7. Gear locker: It holds your gear so your personal bags can hold the endless quest rewards. Or, a quest baggie to hold quest items. Either way, there's too much stuff to carry in small bags (coming from EQ2 with 640 slots to what WoW offers for personal storage [just a tad over 100], it's too little).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hard to think of one thing to change in WoW...but I guess my biggest one would be...

Roles do their own role AND NOTHING ELSE. A tank should do horrible dps, a DPS should do horrible healing, etc. etc.

Too many times when a class is out of control it's because they get too good at too many things. Every role should do one thing well, and that would solve a lot of the balance issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) give DK's a healing spec.. and make everyone level one to 90 to unlock their other toons
    2) eliminate PvP, its ruining my PvE experience
    3) All entry level raid gear comes from rep grinds w/o tabards
    4) We ALLL love Vanilla so much bring back resistance gear
    5) Anyone who post a Blizzard is Lazy QQ or Make a proper game QQ in one sentence their avatars on all official and fan forums auto changes to a sheep.
    6) Every Raid is Dragon Soul with resistance gear punishing rep grinds and attunements.
    7) get rid of the AH, you want economy play EVE
    8) CRZ FOR EVERYBODY!!!
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Kinda hard to think of one thing to change in WoW...but I guess my biggest one would be...

Roles do their own role AND NOTHING ELSE. A tank should do horrible dps, a DPS should do horrible healing, etc. etc.

Too many times when a class is out of control it's because they get too good at too many things. Every role should do one thing well, and that would solve a lot of the balance issues.
    +10

Specialization has it's perks. I liked WotLK because my role was tank healing (a speciality in healing) as my sub-class was designed for burst healing. Like that style of healing as it's active.

Jack of All Trades is fun. It's not fun being a master of none.

Perks of the old system:

1. Specialities. You knew which sub-class did the best for a given encounter. Some fights required Healadins; others Priests; others raid healers.
    2. Healers had the largest health pools. It's a mark of their office, much like huge HP pools are for tanks. This way players can tell a healer instantly too (so needed in big raids where a Shadow priest especially wants to sneak in as heals, wasting an important slot).
    3. A healer could actually outheal damage as necessary. Not this 8 second delay in dispels, with non-dispell DoTs to begin with. Fixing Warlocks and Shadow Priests by forcing DoTs to stay is B-A-D mechanics, as it destroys yet another reason to heal. Can't heal over these massive DoTs anymore especially when so many are heal resistant; gives the attacker health; or increases damage by whopping 30+%.
    4. Resists. Each class had specific resists that helped.
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2012-11-30 at 11:13 PM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

remember back in LK when guilds were close knit groups? remember when you would help eachother out with everything? i miss that. Now guilds are all about who is level 25 and who will help you get what you want. it all about what the guild can do for you, not what you can do for the guild. im saddened at that, i miss the way wow used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by itbesandrodoe View Post
    remember back in LK when guilds were close knit groups? remember when you would help eachother out with everything? i miss that. Now guilds are all about who is level 25 and who will help you get what you want. it all about what the guild can do for you, not what you can do for the guild. im saddened at that, i miss the way wow used to be.
    I still think this way..And TBH as long as it's fun i don't care about level or anything like that.