Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have been happy if resistances were still in the game.... Resistances and Weapon Skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I would change, the blood elf starting zone to show what its like post wrath/cata etc (rebuilt etc)

I would bring back the green dragon bosses, Kinda miss having those =[ Same for the level 60 kazzak and I'm not sure if azuregos is still in the game if not he comes back.

I would also change Kara to include lower kara so much potential!

Deleted
    I'd go back and make the story good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove random loot and replace it with some kind of currency in LFR. That 5-15% chance of getting an item you want SUCKS.

For normal raids I'd make the loot system a bit smarter for 10man raids. Ie no drops for classes that aren't there.

25man loot is pretty much fine the way it is. (fixed chance for one of each tier token maybe)

Remove CRZ and fire Nathanos from his hunter training job in order to give him actual lore involvement.

I would remove LFR, and LFG and do so justice points can only buy heroic equilivant gear, and Valor points is only obtainable in raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd ban mods, take away the questhelper in-game, re-introduce elite mobs and make people having to read the quest texts again. And remove flying mounts, needing certain items to get you to certain places, like ropes or just teleporters for quest-related stuff. Having to actually explore again, and doing that in a dangerous world. (loved that flying mounts weren't available while leveling in mop, together with my awful gear it made it more challenging and fun!)

I also love the idea of having a single player version of the game, where raids are scaled for 1 player, and you have sequences you have to pull off much like any popular single player game that includes bosses. Not saying any of this ever will happen, or that they would be good ideas, but it'd be cool to see/try.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I would make basic mechanics more difficult, and the game experience more unforgiving, like it was before 2.1.
    Never liked the idea that PvE became a breeze unless you're into hard mode raids.
    I'd even bring back mobs with 360° cleaves that exterminate rogues in normal dungeons. I think.

Easy, the thing that will forever make Blizzard seem like a hack company to me (i know they are actually very successful) is that they penny-pinch the server transfers/ character faction swaps/name changes. Just seems very lame for a multi-billion dollar company to charge for that when it's obvious that picking the wrong server, in the system they designed, could completely ruin you entire wow playing experience.. forcing you to server change or (imo the better option) drop the game entirely.

On a personal game playing change - would love to see the 10/25 changes Asia got - man do they know how to get the most out of a game playing experience, the U.S. seems to rob itself of more game time in the things they like to do - HEY U.S., FORGET MORE RAIDING TIME - YOU PREFER DAILIES!.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would change so if you get ganked 3 times in a short time you have the option to spawn again without pvp flag for 60 mins. I like pvp and pve servers but they can both be annoying sometimes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Would change so if you get ganked 3 times in a short time you have the option to spawn again without pvp flag for 60 mins. I like pvp and pve servers but they can both be annoying sometimes
    Just.. don't attack anyone on a PVE server.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I would fire GC and everything will fix itself.

I would make everything solid and add a 3 foot invisible perimeter around all NPCs. Also, when interacting with NPCs, you are automatically dismounted.

Down-levelling for old raids/dungeons/zones, exactly like Guild Wars 2.
    Nothing is better than having some threat throughout the whole world, as opposed to sauntering through 95% of it like it wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Since people are making this into a wish list instead of a "What is the ONE thing youd change";
    - Resistances back in the game
    - RealID implemented in forums
    - Guild Status Tracking on players (how many guilds, if they were kicked or quit)
    - Removal of PTR. Lets face it, its pretty much a failure as a way to test content, people just use it to find exploits and abuse early access to PvE content.
    RealID will never be implemented in forums. When Blizz suggested it the outcry was deafening. There are too many idiots on the net plus the FIRST thing you tell any child accessing forums is NEVER give out details about yourself.

Despite my first comment not everyone who plays is a cheat. PTR goves many a chance to find bugs and for Blizz to make changes before the game goes live. Stopping it is on a par to removing honour because some people use bots or removing gold because some people use bots/buy gold from hacked accounts.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I would fire GC and everything will fix itself.
    And a new 'GC' person would come, make changes you do not like and people would be crying 'things were better with GC' Such is life.

But ....

just wondering how things would fix themselves/ You know of a way computers design changes all by themselves or you think a group of uncoordinated developers would make changes that worked together without someone controlling them? Have you ever worked on a computer program larger than 2 lines to say 'hello' to you?

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Easy, the thing that will forever make Blizzard seem like a hack company to me (i know they are actually very successful) is that they penny-pinch the server transfers/ character faction swaps/name changes. Just seems very lame for a multi-billion dollar company to charge for that when it's obvious that picking the wrong server, in the system they designed, could completely ruin you entire wow playing experience.. forcing you to server change or (imo the better option) drop the game entirely.

On a personal game playing change - would love to see the 10/25 changes Asia got - man do they know how to get the most out of a game playing experience, the U.S. seems to rob itself of more game time in the things they like to do - HEY U.S., FORGET MORE RAIDING TIME - YOU PREFER DAILIES!.
    How do you think they got to be worth so much? In part it is because they charge, also the charge stops people trying to ragequit servers every few days, to calm down and sort themselves out

Deleted
    1. Remove hc and normal mode, i prefered when it was hard from start.
    2. Throw LFR in the garbage, the most shitty thing blizz has ever created.
    3. Raids with the "good" ilvl would contain of 15 or 25 players, 10m should be like it was in wotlk or removed.
    4. Merge servers that need it together so there's no low or full popped ones and balance the A/H ratio on each server, today there's like 1-2 realms in the EU that has a good A/H ratio which is unacceptable.

These threads are always hilarious, and proof that the players have absolutely no clue how to actually develop a game. It's either a bunch of nostalgic, rose-tinted nonsense or utterly unfeasible changes that simply couldn't work in the real world (hire 10 people to police trade chat on every realm, 24/7? Yeah... good luck with that).

Yeah, some ideas are good. But most are just god awful or wouldn't fix the problem the player is addressing. Or, it would fix the problem, but would introduce at least 2 more.

As such (and you can probably guess my suggestion of what to change), I would change the community. The community of whining, selfish, egotistical morons who make things worse for the rest of us.

The gaming community could be something special. We could be helping each other instead of hindering. We could be friendly instead of insulting. Yet, there's this group that are just awful, that NEED to be fixed somehow. I have no idea how to do it, but it needs to be done.

We can be so much better than this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla / TBC Style Dungeons & Raiding, But allow people to queue through LFD & LFR for an easier experience.
    You gotta work for your gear, but aren't forced to do LFD or LFR as they are completely seperate from the Normal & HM Raids & Dungeons.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-12-19 at 03:28 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I would get rid of heroic raids. Killing the boss but with a slight gimmick to it is awful. Tiered raids. Basically, bring back BC raiding.

Server population and faction balance.