Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I'd ban mods
    That would singlehandedly destroy the game like nothing else could. There's a reason why all MMO's who don't let you mod their UI are low pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    These threads are always hilarious, and proof that the players have absolutely no clue how to actually develop a game. It's either a bunch of nostalgic, rose-tinted nonsense or utterly unfeasible changes that simply couldn't work in the real world (hire 10 people to police trade chat on every realm, 24/7? Yeah... good luck with that).

Yeah, some ideas are good. But most are just god awful or wouldn't fix the problem the player is addressing. Or, it would fix the problem, but would introduce at least 2 more.

As such (and you can probably guess my suggestion of what to change), I would change the community. The community of whining, selfish, egotistical morons who make things worse for the rest of us.

The gaming community could be something special. We could be helping each other instead of hindering. We could be friendly instead of insulting. Yet, there's this group that are just awful, that NEED to be fixed somehow. I have no idea how to do it, but it needs to be done.

We can be so much better than this.
    Have you offered any opinions or..anything? You say:

We could be helping each other instead of hindering. We could be friendly instead of insulting.
    Then this comes out from you:

These threads are always hilarious, and proof that the players have absolutely no clue how to actually develop a game. It's either a bunch of nostalgic, rose-tinted nonsense or utterly unfeasible changes that simply couldn't work in the real world
    and:

I would change the community. The community of whining, selfish, egotistical morons who make things worse for the rest of us.
    It seems you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Deleted
    If you could change something in WoW, what it would it be?.

Ban the ganking .

$10 realm transfers for characters that have reached max level and existed for at least 90 days. A stacking debuff that lasts 5 minutes and is refreshed when killing a player within the "grey range", compared to you, that triggers resurrection sickness upon reaching 5 stacks. (disabled within cities) And for the Monk specs to be re-evaluated again without the "don't let them become DKs" goggles on when reviewing their abilities.

Also add these abilities in for Monks and tweak them until they're "balanced" so that the class will at least bring something to raids besides subpar results.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Charge of the Black Ox: Talent
    +10% Haste and +5% damage for 15 seconds. (5m exhaustion debuff as compared to the usual 10m, allowing shorter battles to have a "mini-bloodlust" at the start)

Roar of the White Tiger: Talent
    +20% crit chance for 15 seconds. (10m "deafness" debuff. This would couple very well with Skull Banner)

Song of the Red Crane: Talent
    +6000 mastery for 20 seconds. (5m "deafness" debuff that may or may not be the same as RotWT's. Most healers and tanks would love having +20% mastery for even that short a time. Might be too strong for Disc Priests.)

Breathe of the Jade Serpent: Mistweaver Specification
    The next six mana tea stacks consumed will each return 2% mana to all raid members. (the duration would need to be long. One minute perhaps. Followed by a 5 minute cooldown)
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-19 at 04:01 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Ban the ganking .
    There's already a server-type for that. It's called PVE servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    We can be so much better than this.
    No one is begging for changes. We are simply playing the "What If" game. You could try to be a bit less uptight and a bit more polite. No one in the thread is being abusive or demanding anything. Improving the community includes setting an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would make it an RPG again.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I would make it an RPG again.
    Someone's got to ask: What do you mean exactly?

This is a game with visible stats. You gear up a character with a racial background, a class with at least some degree of background (less now than before, but still), tens of thousands of quests with quest text explaining the situation and what they need as well as throwing in some lore, dungeons filled with bosses characters for you to fight and, most importantly, RP servers for those who want to get the most "RP" out of this "RPG."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    i would change the fact there is nothing too woop all the whiners with and then use it a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    These threads are always hilarious, and proof that the players have absolutely no clue how to actually develop a game. It's either a bunch of nostalgic, rose-tinted nonsense or utterly unfeasible changes that simply couldn't work in the real world (hire 10 people to police trade chat on every realm, 24/7? Yeah... good luck with that).
    Indeed, those threads are hilarious and show the playerbase utter lack of economy knowledge. Then again, it's also true outside of WoW..
    However, you can't fix people: most of them will always be morons and jerks regardless of WoW.

Now on the topic itself: If I had to change something: I would alter the way flying mounts work. The basic riding remains at 150%, epic goes down to 220% and master riding up to 340%.
    BUT master riding now has more flying physics, with inertia, different speeds depending on your climbing/descending angle and dismount/fall damage if you collide with a wall or crash too hard on the ground. Would be a great tool, but only if you actually do something instead of afking (even if I do that a lot myself ). And I don't think that would be that hard to program (unless the devs forgot their trig course obviously, but I don't think they did. A nice extension of the above would be flying mount combat.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Much more real content than what passes as content now days.

A-team working on wow, even pooling bigger effort into the game to make patches come out faster, and better tested (To many bugs compared to TBC if you ask me)

Content and things to do in-game that can't be done to fast, and makes you glad afterwards. I miss spending MANY hours a week on wow, and not fealing bored.

Split PVE and PvP completely. Make PvP like GW2, pvp shouldent be about gear.

Also bring back some elements from vanilla and TBC, such as raid-model from TBC (Easy bosses in some raids, or bosses just scaling to be harder and harder), and vanilla's "new shiney" feel.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Revamp the profession system. It has become woefully outdated with the majority of the recipes you learn being completely useless even to leveling characters. In addition you really cant level a profession as you level anymore.

Round 2! I'd make Ascendance last 3 seconds longer. As it stands Enchancement has the weirdest relationship with their's. It only effects their auto-attacks and stormstrike yet at 15s Stormstrike can only be used once during it. Three seconds wouldn't unbalance anything and Elemental could use a boost.
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    Change the idiotic wobbling that is worgen male dance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    That would singlehandedly destroy the game like nothing else could. There's a reason why all MMO's who don't let you mod their UI are low pop.
    Should've specified it more, I specifically would've want to ban mods that make questing easier (as I want the questhelper in-game to disappear, having a mod would defeat the point of removing it). I went with "ban mods" because I was writing on my phone at the time. Simple UI mods and meters/timers etc. would all be fair game.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Change the daily quest/daily dungeon bonus to weekly with a different weekly offered each day of the week (e.g. You get a quest that resets on Monday, while another one resets on Friday). Instead of a max of 1000 valor earned in a week, it should be 125 a day (with 250 on Tuesday), while allowing any valor you didn't earn in that day to roll over to the next day up to 1000 total unearned. This way we don't feel we need to log in every day to get our bonus (we can make it up later, say the weekend), while ensuring that players have something they can do every day.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Revamp the profession system. It has become woefully outdated with the majority of the recipes you learn being completely useless even to leveling characters. In addition you really cant level a profession as you level anymore.
    Totally agree. A simple way to do this is to allow anyone with a profession to learn any recipe (provided their character level is high enough), but making an item above your skill level requires more materials and earns more skill points. This way you can avoid requiring players to go to lower level areas. For gathering, if you aren't high enough skill it takes longer to perform the skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Someone's got to ask: What do you mean exactly?

This is a game with visible stats. You gear up a character with a racial background, a class with at least some degree of background (less now than before, but still), tens of thousands of quests with quest text explaining the situation and what they need as well as throwing in some lore, dungeons filled with bosses characters for you to fight and, most importantly, RP servers for those who want to get the most "RP" out of this "RPG."
    It's difficult for me to capture precisely, but I'll give it a go.

To give one example that I think sort of captures the loss of the "RPG" element, there was a thread here on MMO-champ (couldn't find it again on a quick search), where a poster pointed out the difference between how Druids got their aquatic form in "classic" vs. "modern" WoW. In classic, it was a continent spanning quest. Now, while the quest is apparently still available, you gain the ability by just visiting the trainer. The same pattern has been repeated throughout the game again and again: flight form, paladin and warlock mounts, class rewards, attunement quests, mastering professions, gear resets, and on and on. The journey has been cut so that players can get to "the end" more rapidly. (And then Blizzard complains about how fast content gets consumed!)

Overall, it's the way the game has come to focus on results and gratification as the core of everything, whereas before (in my opinion) the focus was on the journey as well as the destination. Even at max level, once the (long) leveling portion of the game was done, for me and those I played with it, the process, the idea that you were working towards a goal was a good part of the fun. (And no, I don't think a ton of daily quests is even close to the same thing; although that's a whole different discussion.) Along with this goes the ideas of immersion and suspending disbelief; the difference between Halo, where the player is taking on the role of the Master Chief, and Super Mario Bros. where the player is just controlling a sprite on a screen. One is a story, the other is just a game. I'm not saying that modern WoW has completely lost the story element, but there seems to be far less of it, at times with the devs going out of their way to _remove_ story from the game.

It looks like MoP may be taking the first small steps to reversing this trend, and I hope that continues. But from what little I have seen of it, it was not enough for me personally. (At least not after Cata.) Blizzard needs to understand that what made World of Warcraft popular was that it felt like an actual world. At the end of Cataclysm, Azeroth felt more like a lobby. Perhaps a better suggestion would have been, "Put the World back in World of Warcraft."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Just.. don't attack anyone on a PVE server.
    I think you misunderstood my post

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Indeed, those threads are hilarious and show the playerbase utter lack of economy knowledge. Then again, it's also true outside of WoW..
    However, you can't fix people: most of them will always be morons and jerks regardless of WoW.

Now on the topic itself: If I had to change something: I would alter the way flying mounts work. The basic riding remains at 150%, epic goes down to 220% and master riding up to 340%.
    BUT master riding now has more flying physics, with inertia, different speeds depending on your climbing/descending angle and dismount/fall damage if you collide with a wall or crash too hard on the ground. Would be a great tool, but only if you actually do something instead of afking (even if I do that a lot myself ). And I don't think that would be that hard to program (unless the devs forgot their trig course obviously, but I don't think they did. A nice extension of the above would be flying mount combat.
    Sadly, that's a lot harder to do than it would seem, especially on whatever machine would have to do those calculations.

Purge the community with fire. Then start again with strict rules on how to treat other people. Punishable by deactivation. Sure, it would lose a ton of subs, but the quality of life in the game for those that care would so much better. Then again, I don't need to make all of the money, just what is necessary. Greed is bad. And ugly.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.