Me and my root canal.

So my root canal just broke, or should I say a peace of my tooth broke off. I got it about 6 years ago, so it's been a long time and I haven't been in to get my teeth all looked at since. What are they going to do since a peace of my tooth broke off on my root canal? And how much do you think it would cost for whatever they might do?

Whatever they do, it's gonna hurt as much as it costs.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Eh when I got it done it didn't hurt at all, thank god. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    So my root canal just broke, or should I say a peace of my tooth broke off. I got it about 6 years ago, so it's been a long time and I haven't been in to get my teeth all looked at since. What are they going to do since a peace of my tooth broke off on my root canal? And how much do you think it would cost for whatever they might do?
    Go to a country with an NHS, get it done for free.

Well I'm sure it would cost me much more to get there than it would be for me to get it done in my city :P

Money isn't a problem. I just pretty much wanna know if they can fix the root canal, or are they going to take out my whole damn tooth...

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Go to a country with an NHS, get it done for free.
    Nothing is truly free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    Nothing is truly free.
    It is for me, most people pay a little more in taxes. Still cheaper than health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    Well I'm sure it would cost me much more to get there than it would be for me to get it done in my city :P

Money isn't a problem. I just pretty much wanna know if they can fix the root canal, or are they going to take out my whole damn tooth...
    only one way to find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    A root canal is the surgery that removes the root from your tooth "socket". Adding an implant to it is different, they'll likely just remove it and put a new one in. It wont hurt obviously since you shouldnt be able to even feel that tooth assuming they did it correctly.

So you've already had the root canal, and the cap broke?

Replacing the cap will probably be in the couple hundred dollar range. I don't see how you could have damage the material that sealed your canals.

Could need a crown which is like ridiculously expensive.

Could need the root canal retreated too.

If you're lucky they might be able to do a partial filling on the tooth to restore its former toothiness without a crown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, having to pay for healthcare, I feel for you.

I like getting things for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sheesh @ the people turning this into a "I have free health care teehee!" conversation. The OP has already stated money isn't an object, so why even discuss it?

@OP: You're best bet is to see your dentist. They'll tell you your options based on the damage that has occurred.