10+ Year Old Account

Would the upgraded Alch Stone beat LFR Bottle of Stars?

The armory isn't supporting the upgrade system yet and Simcraft loads from that nowadays as far as I know.

I'm wondering if an upgraded Alchemists stone be better than the MSV LFR trinket? Is there something I'm missing about the procs maybe? Because the stats on the profession trinket's proc seem just amazing on paper.

Thanks.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear that the Sha AGI trinket and the Relic of Xuen are better than both of yours. So, you should get those/upgrade them first. After your weapons, if you have the ones from Garajal Normal or Shek'zeer normal.

when you import armory in latest version of simC (in the simulate tab), at the botom of the wall of text it atomatically generate you there it the list of all the item you have. Add ",upgrade=1" or "upgrade=2" at the end to "manually" upgrade each item as you wish. For exemple right now on my shaman I have a line which is :

main_hand=unsoks_amber_scalpel,id=86217,gems=160int,enchant=jade_spirit,reforge=spi_master y

If I want to take into account the fact that it's actually upgraded, I change it to :

main_hand=unsoks_amber_scalpel,id=86217,gems=160int,enchant=jade_spirit,reforge=spi_master y,upgrade=2

* this currently work on the latest version available on svn, I do not know if the latest released version is "new enough" to take this change into account, but if it's not then it'll work on the next released version.

edit : ran simC with your char, assuming no upgraded item :
    - alchemist stone (0/1) : 87 767dps
    - upgraded alchemist stone (1/1) : 87 844dps
    - lfr trinket (bottle_of_infinite_stars) (0/2) : 88 274dps
    Last edited by Bethan; 2012-11-30 at 07:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info and doing it for me!
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.