1. #1

    Me and my root canal.

    So my root canal just broke, or should I say a peace of my tooth broke off. I got it about 6 years ago, so it's been a long time and I haven't been in to get my teeth all looked at since. What are they going to do since a peace of my tooth broke off on my root canal? And how much do you think it would cost for whatever they might do?

  2. #2
    Whatever they do, it's gonna hurt as much as it costs.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  3. #3
    Eh when I got it done it didn't hurt at all, thank god. :P

  4. #4
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    20,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    So my root canal just broke, or should I say a peace of my tooth broke off. I got it about 6 years ago, so it's been a long time and I haven't been in to get my teeth all looked at since. What are they going to do since a peace of my tooth broke off on my root canal? And how much do you think it would cost for whatever they might do?
    Go to a country with an NHS, get it done for free.

  5. #5
    Well I'm sure it would cost me much more to get there than it would be for me to get it done in my city :P

    Money isn't a problem. I just pretty much wanna know if they can fix the root canal, or are they going to take out my whole damn tooth...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Go to a country with an NHS, get it done for free.
    Nothing is truly free.

  7. #7
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    20,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    Nothing is truly free.
    It is for me, most people pay a little more in taxes. Still cheaper than health insurance.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    Well I'm sure it would cost me much more to get there than it would be for me to get it done in my city :P

    Money isn't a problem. I just pretty much wanna know if they can fix the root canal, or are they going to take out my whole damn tooth...
    only one way to find out.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Varyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,731
    A root canal is the surgery that removes the root from your tooth "socket". Adding an implant to it is different, they'll likely just remove it and put a new one in. It wont hurt obviously since you shouldnt be able to even feel that tooth assuming they did it correctly.

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk Auloria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,941
    So you've already had the root canal, and the cap broke?

    Replacing the cap will probably be in the couple hundred dollar range. I don't see how you could have damage the material that sealed your canals.

  11. #11
    Could need a crown which is like ridiculously expensive.

    Could need the root canal retreated too.

    If you're lucky they might be able to do a partial filling on the tooth to restore its former toothiness without a crown.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Ineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    679
    Haha, having to pay for healthcare, I feel for you.

    I like getting things for free.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    2,963
    Sheesh @ the people turning this into a "I have free health care teehee!" conversation. The OP has already stated money isn't an object, so why even discuss it?

    @OP: You're best bet is to see your dentist. They'll tell you your options based on the damage that has occurred.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •