Deleted

[General] Cone of cold

is it worth having it on the action bar even?
    Last edited by mmocb8e577e6c5; 2012-11-30 at 02:20 AM.

Bound to a key yes. It's helpful in kiting even though there no longer a root.

If you glyph it actually does a decent amount of damage for an instant cast aoe. Good for leveling dungeons, especially if you throw a frost nova / pet freeze right before it.

Always puzzles me when i hear of mages not using cone of cold. It is such a great utility spell for all mage specs. Has been that way since vanilla. Doesn't matter what damage it does, it's an instant slow for multiple targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisha View Post
    Always puzzles me when i hear of mages not using cone of cold. It is such a great utility spell for all mage specs. Has been that way since vanilla. Doesn't matter what damage it does, it's an instant slow for multiple targets.
    Agreed. There are probably many players who do use it, though, but are wondering if they should use Arcane Explosion or CoC when it's off CD to maximize DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisha View Post
    It was worth it's weight in gold when we were working on Will of the Emp. Beyond the slowing part of it which is the best part imo, I would never completely forget about instant cast spells. There are different times that they can do so much to help out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Glyphed CoC is a dps increase on Feng heroic.

On a lazy aproach, you can macro it with Dragon Breath for kiting purposes.

Totally worth a hotkey, awesome insta-slow and nice situational AoE burst (if glyphed).

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster View Post
    On a lazy aproach, you can macro it with Dragon Breath for kiting purposes.
    Did they remove the GCD from Dragon's Breath? I think that somewhat unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Did they remove the GCD from Dragon's Breath? I think that somewhat unlikely.
    I was talking about something like this:

/castsequence reset=20 Dragon Breath, Cone of Cold

You don't need to think too much to use it, it is an interrupt or slow on a 20s window, same as DKs interrupts. I'm not saying this is good fix, I would (actually do) use one button for each spell but at least you have a chance to use it.