Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Going 10 bosses without loot or sigil

Just wanted to vent, I did 9 LFR bosses and Sha of Anger this reset, used 2 fortune coins and all I got was 285g. I've been doing Sha since September and not one loot from him.

Deleted
    Unlucky, friend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Take a number. I went 3 weeks of full LFR and Sha with no loot. RNG is RNG and the RNG is LOOOWW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Just wanted to vent, I did 9 LFR bosses and Sha of Anger this reset, used 2 fortune coins and all I got was 285g. I've been doing Sha since September and not one loot from him.
    God is punishing you for your lack of keybindings.

jk, welcome to LFR home of RNG.

I will gladly trade you ... I have a crap ton of both sigils and no loot
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Did all 16 this week and didn't get a single drop. Random number generator is random.
    But personally, I'd rather get nothing than see drops that were dangled in front of me that I lost on the rolls.

15+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG. Assuming every roll is a 10% chance for loot, there's around a 1 in 3 chance you will not have received loot after 10 bosses
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    RNG is RNG. Assuming every roll is a 10% chance for loot, there's around a 1 in 3 chance you will not have received loot after 10 bosses
    Ive had 1 drop in 6 weeks of LFR and SHA ...I have decided that I simply cannot deal with being insulted with them Whore bags anymore .. even deleting them doesn't remove the stain of the insult.

The loot system should never make one feel that way currently its no different than turning tricks on the street corner with each Joe a new loot less gold giving boss.

I'm done with LFR and SHA.

And seeing as work is more important I'm done with Raiding as a whole.

Which currently makes MoP the most boring expansion to date since there is nothing but dailies, rep grind and scenarios ...all of which are abhorrent exercises in self flagellation.

Even PvP which used to be somewhat fun has been gutted with the healing nerfs and left is a state of which class is FoTM or Sea of Human trinkets.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2012-11-30 at 05:46 AM.

I just explained in a similar topic about a guy who hasn't gotten anything in 17 bosses, more or less same here

Thing is, they need to turn on the ability to trade LFR loot, sure they can keep it just handing out whatever loot to whoever automatically, but FFS let those people give it away if they already have equal or better in that slot.

Ultimately, because of the inability to haggle with/plea/bribe other players to trade/give up loot, this is beyond "RNG", this is BS -_-

As a presumed result of this BS loot system in LFR & Sha, I have not sucessfully downed any normal mode bosses in raids. I have gone with several different guilds, not even pugs, and they can't kill ANYTHING. I can only assume this is due in part to having mediocre gear due to the LFR loot system and also because honestly normal mode is just harder than it used to be.

So because of this, and the fact that I'm done PVPing for the week within about an hour on Tuesdays, I am letting my subscription expire. I will not pay any more money for this crap.
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-11-30 at 05:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotten the same chest piece 4 times now...sigh....

I got one pair of gloves from Sha. But I went entire expansions without getting a single thing for my mains in WoTLK (VoA) and Cataclysm (BH) from the equivalent bosses, so I was honestly surprised that it is even possible for me to get a tier piece.

I was really lucky apparently on my main character (Prot Pally), but I'm 3 weeks of doing MV now on my alt (Holy Priest) and still can't get into HoF due to not high enough iLvl because of no drops. Even after 5.1 came out and upgrading 2 blues and 1 crafted epic, still no go. =\

I'm not sure if I like the new LFR loot system better than the old one or not. I don't really remember going 3+ weeks w/o loot previously though. >< Oh well, I'll just hope it treats me nice this week.

look above there's another guy with 17 . That should make you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    I just explained in a similar topic about a guy who hasn't gotten anything in 17 bosses, more or less same here

Thing is, they need to turn on the ability to trade LFR loot, sure they can keep it just handing out whatever loot to whoever automatically, but FFS let those people give it away if they already have equal or better in that slot.

Ultimately, because of the inability to haggle with/plea/bribe other players to trade/give up loot, this is beyond "RNG", this is BS -_-

As a presumed result of this BS loot system in LFR & Sha, I have not sucessfully downed any normal mode bosses in raids. I have gone with several different guilds, not even pugs, and they can't kill ANYTHING. I can only assume this is due in part to having mediocre gear due to the LFR loot system and also because honestly normal mode is just harder than it used to be.

So because of this, and the fact that I'm done PVPing for the week within about an hour on Tuesdays, I am letting my subscription expire. I will not pay any more money for this crap.
    The fact that you can't kill anything in normal mode has nothing to do with not having LFR gear. It is completely reasonable to kill bosses in MSV with 463 gear from heroics. I'm only 3/6 myself, so it's not like I'm a hardcore raider or anything. Just pointing out that it's really not necessary, and if you can't even kill one boss it's a product of the groups you're running with, not the gear you have.

Plus, Blizzard just introduced a new way to get some gear. Scenario reward bags now have a chance to give a 463 blue or 476 epic. I did 4 today, got 1 epic and 2 blues. Didn't need any on my MS, but a couple pieces helped for my OS. RNG really is RNG. Last week I got 2 or 3 pieces of LFR gear, this week did all the bosses and got nothing. Did 3 bosses on normal so far this week, nothing.

Trust me, I don't care that you're quitting. Honestly, if you really find it necessary to quit just because you can't get gear, then you probably should quit. If your enjoyment of the game is tied so closely to the color of the lettering of the gear your character wears then it's probably not a good idea for you to continue playing. I personally continue playing because I enjoy the challenge of raids. My guild is not amazing by any means, we're only 3/6 normal, but every time I log on to raid I have a good time playing with some great people and trying to overcome some challenges. That's why you should continue to play the game, for fun, not just for gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Just pointing out that it's really not necessary, and if you can't even kill one boss it's a product of the groups you're running with, not the gear you have.
    Eh hem

The point still stands that these groups of players which feature perhaps some players who are not the brightest crayons in the box, they would in fact have a better chance if they were in better gear, that is a valid point no matter how you look at it.

Just wana say.

Ive done 17 bosses so far.

Haven't got loot.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Eh hem

The point still stands that these groups of players which feature perhaps some players who are not the brightest crayons in the box, they would in fact have a better chance if they were in better gear, that is a valid point no matter how you look at it.
    My point is that epics are unnecessary for normal mode. If those people "who are not the brightest crayons in the box" can't even down one boss on normal, then LFR is where they belong; not just for gear, but difficulty-wise. I do not want normal modes dumbed down so that anybody can faceroll them. I also do not want it to become so easy to gear that it removes the challenge of normal modes by over gearing them. I personally feel it is at a good balance right now, and I am having fun with the challenge normal modes are providing my guild and I. I suggest that the problem is not the gear factor, but the people you are raiding with being incompetent. Even if it takes some wipes, you should be able to get through the first few bosses in primarily 463 blues. I had an ilvl of around 455 the first time I killed Stone Guardians on normal, so it's not impossible.

What sucks is I was usually top dps

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    I've done 22 LFR bosses and have not received any loot other than gold and sigils on my shaman.

I did Sha of Anger at 88 and got 483 PvP bracers.

I did Sha again at 90 and didn't even get loot or the cache with gold. Tried again the next week and the same thing. Tried once again that same week and got nothing again. I assumed it's terribad luck or a glitch.

But 22 LFR bosses with not a single piece of actual loot out of any of the possible drops? Wtf... Random loot distribution can kiss my ass.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    5 bosses today, 4 pieces of loot.
    Moorden (Main)