Page 1 of 2
LastLast

besides engineer, what are the recommended professions for pvp

tailor can be beneficial for rangers
    herbalism can also be important for some professions like warlock.
    how do you think of this?

I am absolutely certain that the two are eng and herb. Pairing their on-use bonuses will give you one more burst "trinket". Pairing herb and on-use trinket will increase burst.
    It is a pity you can not use gloves and trinket, but it does not change things much.
    As to healers, these two are also good (esp for pally, less effective for r-dru), but bs and jc are better. However I have eng and herb on my rdru. This add-on rocket damage is still good (20K within 3 sec is a good support for non warrior/hunter teammates)
    Last edited by PaulPS; 2012-10-23 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rangers? You mean hunters?

Blacksmithing nets you 640 more PvP power (or resil) than any other profession.

i actually wouldn't recommend engineering since none of the tinkers can be used in rbg or arena apart from the glove ones. The stats one puts a 10 second cd on trinkets so you cant stack them and the fireworks launcher isn't that good.

how about tailor for mage and hunter?
    i think they can use all their burst skills along with the effect of tailor

Deleted
    Blacksmith for the 2 extra sockets

blacksmith is the best pvp professtion in the game even better then engineer

engi/BS particularly if you play something bursty.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Engineering is one of the worst non-gathering proffession for ranked pvp. Only thing usable is gloves tinker and as someone already stated, it does not stack with on use trinkets and does not give pvp power. (gloves tinker can be chained with on use trinker for those long duration cooldowns like avatar but in pvp you just don't get to have full uptime on those cds so even that benefit diminishes.)

I haven't checked the tailoring bonus but last time I checked, it was giving cloak proc stats for all roles . Naturally it can be stacked with other cooldowns.

JC does not have pvp power serpent's eye so for ranked pvp, blacksmithing gives the most beneficial stat(pvp power) with extra sockets. I would pair it with tailoring if the bonus still gives all kinds of primary stats.

However, engineering is by far the most incredibly fun thing you can have in non-rated environments.

BS hands down, engineering wouldn't be a bad blend with that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    Engineering is one of the worst non-gathering proffession for ranked pvp. Only thing usable is gloves tinker and as someone already stated, it does not stack with on use trinkets and does not give pvp power. (gloves tinker can be chained with on use trinker for those long duration cooldowns like avatar but in pvp you just don't get to have full uptime on those cds so even that benefit diminishes.)
    engi gloves can't be chained with on use trinkets, they put each other on cd. however it is still a very potent mini cooldown when you don't have any other available. think of it as wearing 2 on use trinkets.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    engi gloves can't be chained with on use trinkets, they put each other on cd. however it is still a very potent mini cooldown when you don't have any other available. think of it as wearing 2 on use trinkets.
    This. Engineering is arguably no longer the best profession but it is second best without a doubt. For example Rogues can use their on use trinket for one Shadow Dance and then use the Synapse Springs for another. This far outweighs any static bonus you get from other professions and you still get to be a boss in world PvP and randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    Please try to understand what you read. They can be chained, they can not be stacked.

If you still did not understand, you can use tinkers and have its 10 secs buff, on use trinket will be off cooldown by the time tinker ends, so you can chain use the on use trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    Please try to understand what you read. They can be chained, they can not be stacked.

If you still did not understand, you can use tinkers and have its 10 secs buff, on use trinket will be off cooldown by the time tinker ends, so you can chain use the on use trinket.
    what if i use my trinket first and then use my glove? will the glove be on cd?

Blacksmithing/Enchanting

/Thread

Blacksmithing is by far the best pvp profession.

Tailoring if you play a burst class for the cape enchant.

Those are pretty straightforward, rest are mostly preference.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    Blacksmithing is by far the best pvp profession.

Tailoring if you play a burst class for the cape enchant.

Those are pretty straightforward, rest are mostly preference.
    BS is expensive as hell just an fyi well it depends on your server obviously mine cost me a grand 16k to level mine -.- power lvling wise

10+ Year Old Account
    For normal bgs, that would be engineering( bombs and your on-uses) + tailoring ( nets)
    for rated pvp, blacksmithing + jewelcrafting/enchanting/inscription/leatherworking/whatever gives a static agi/str/int bonus

I have blacksmithing/tailoring on my char.