Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help - 10m heroic Will of Emp

We are having a hard time finding enough people to soak sparks. Our strat basically goes as followed, All ranged focus Rages as soon as they spawn, and killing them near each other and at the same time, our rogue tanks the Strength + soaks the Strength's spark, and the tanks grab the bosses and pull them to the stairs. Whats our options to deal with sparks for our raid setup?

Tanks: Warrior + Death Knight
    Healers: Resto druid + Holy paladin

DPS:
    Ele shaman
    Rogue
    Shadow Priest
    Shadow Priest
    Frost Mage
    Warlock

If seeing our logs helps you can find them here -> worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-vyrz1dbyx4fgx622/
    I feel like our DPS is terrible and we are having a hard time keeping up with the adds as well, this was our first night of attempts and we went in pretty blind

If anyone has any insight on what we can do better it would be much appreciated, thanks!

- Joer

Well. What i would do is group up and CC the first 6 rages together and kill them evenly and have your rogue do cloak of shadows or paly do it with buble. Then i would take 4 adds each time and have each priest soak one. Have shammy soak either a strength or a courage with astral shift. (He will take still like 400k damage so make sure he is topped off and has other cds.) Mage can iceblock some also.

Also if possible get a hunter and he can deterence.

TL;dr. Paly soak 6. Rogue soak 6. each priest 4. (5-6 if there topped off) mage iceblock 6. and shammy astral shift 1. And try to make a rotation out of those.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Don't forget with feint and talent rogues take 80% less damage which is around 175k. You could throw a stam flask on the rogue and have them use feint on the strength sparks. Usually you can get the first set of rages down before the strength even comes out.

So you could go:
    Kill 2 rages. Rogue soak and moves to strength asap.
    Shadow priest.
    Shadow priest.
    Mage on courage with iceblock / cauterize.
    Paladin on back up.

Or ya you could CC 4 or all 6 and do what the person above said. You could have the shadow priests doing it then full time. Might get sloppy but you have enough dotters.

As for DPS. With practice you will get better, but basically everyone needs to understand exactly what comes when. People need to swap to rages ASAP, and leave the one person soaking the 2nd set on them, while everyone else moves to the courage.

Deleted
    Check my thread for timings and reference

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Spark-soakers

1 DK 2 Holy pally 3/4 Spriest 5/6 Spriest - Transition - 1 Spriest 2/3 SPriest - Transition - Repeat of last --

With the above, you would cc (hex + sheep) the 3rd & 5th rages then kill them together with the 4th and 6th. You need to cc the 4 so they die together. Your killing priority is as follows, courage > rages > strength > boss. The Warlock should slow the Courage before it puts up the shield.

For reference, when you stand next to a spark it will explode but will not damage immediately. This means the following:

Warlocks can soak with teleport every 30 seconds per 1 spark. Druids can soak with symbiosis teleport every 30 seconds from Warlock. Mages can soak with Blink every 15 seconds. Mages can soak with iceblock. Warlocks can soak dbl sparks (but not 4) with DB + UR. Holy pally can soak every 5 minutes, priest every 2 minutes. Rogue can soak at any time provided they can melee a mob beforehand for Feint with Elusiveness. Elemental shamans are not advisable for soaking, even with their CD.

I would personally suggest using immunities to soak as much as you can, it lowers the damage taken on this fight by such an obscene amount.

There is a key reason we CC those rages by the way. Notice from the timings the courage spawns ~ 15 seconds after the 5th rages. We never managed to kill those rages fast enough AND get to the courage in time, meaning either the tank ends up getting raped or the raid does. It's far easier to just kill them with the last set of rages & focus on getting the courage down in time.
    Last edited by mmoc053e24f82b; 2012-11-30 at 06:38 AM.

Hey we'll be going in with the following DPS:

Hunter
    DK
    Ele
    Boomy
    Mage
    Lock

Can the DK tank and soak every Strength spark?

I'm planning on grouping as many rages possbile at a time, what's the best way to do this with our comp?

I think the Hunter can soak every 2nd pack of rages with Deter, but what are our other options for the other groups?

Also our healers are Monk + Priest, so no Holy Pally for soaking. Can our monk soak a whole group of rages with diffuse magic? If so could we possibly alternate Monk and Hunter on the rages and DK on the strengths. What about courages?
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2012-11-30 at 06:42 AM.

Deleted
    Yes

Sheep & Hex, don't try to group more than 4 as it will get messy

Hunters can soak every minute, Monks every 1.5 min and every 3 min (2 CDs), Lock every 30 seconds (but only 1 spark, so he can do courages for instance) with portal & every 3min with DB + UR, Mage every 15 seconds with Blink & also with Iceblock on a longer CD (I forget, ~2 mins?)

I would suggest 1 Hunter 2 Monk 1.5 min, all following rages are soaked by hunter on his own (3/4 & 5/6 have a minute gap between them).

EDIT: & get the DK to respec DPS, there is no need for a 3rd tank on this fight if you have sufficient soakers.
    Last edited by mmoc053e24f82b; 2012-11-30 at 07:09 AM.

I would do this:

- Have the DK tank strengths on blood in DPS gear (we did the same), he will be able to soak all sparks with AMS + Bone Shield + Blood Presence but he will need some help with damage.

- Have the mage (with cauterize) or the lock (with Sacraficial Pact) to soak Courage spark.

Add kill order (soakers):
    1: 2 Rages kill (Hunter or tanks if first wave)
    2: Help Strength kill (DK)
    3: 2 Rages CC - poly, hex
    4: Courage kill (lock or mage)
    5: 4 Rages kill - if your DK have gorefiend's grasp it will help a lot, its important to kill all of them near each other(monk,if one spark escapes somebody with cooldown)
    5.5: Help 2nd Strength if needed but its not neccesary (DK)
    6: Nuke Boss for 30 sec (First nuke phase is after 2 add wave)
    7: Repeat from 1.

Deleted
    How doable is this fight brining Two tanks, Two melee DPS and 4 Ranged dps? (We've only got 4 )

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    How doable is this fight brining Two tanks, Two melee DPS and 4 Ranged dps? (We've only got 4 )
    Very doable. Killed it yesterday with that sort of setup, took maybe 10 attempts total. It's a very easy boss once you figure out the adds.

Btw, mages can also soak the sparks with greater invisibility. I havnt seen this mentioned anywhere, but its quite useful. We had 2 mages, and had to have them soak a spark here and there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manas View Post
    Very doable. Killed it yesterday with that sort of setup, took maybe 10 attempts total. It's a very easy boss once you figure out the adds.

Btw, mages can also soak the sparks with greater invisibility. I havnt seen this mentioned anywhere, but its quite useful. We had 2 mages, and had to have them soak a spark here and there.
    Interesting, did you keep one melee on the boss(es) at all time? Or how did that person help out?

The melee's i can chocie from are; Retri, Fury, Frost & Rogue.

The rogue is in due to his soaking capabilities (skillwise the Fury > The retri & frost).

Atm i'm thinking keeping fury on the boss, and let him soak the Courage spark, while have the rogue "tank" the strength, if i understand correctly he can soak with Feint and then also Soak a group of rage sparks with Cloak right?

leaving a dps on the boss will mean your other dps really have to do a good job. the tanks themself are enough to get the bosses down, plus the intermissions when all dps are on them. if you can spare a dps, it's obviously much faster that way, but for the first kill I'd leave all dps on the adds.

we use two melees as well, one is on the strength, the other normally on the rages. if he gets targeted, you need to stun asap, they will re-target then. same thing if they go for the rogue (who's killing the strengths). stun to make them re-target. you want them both to run the same direction so aoe knockbacks/stuns can hit them and the sparks spawn close to each other.

Interesting, did you keep one melee on the boss(es) at all time? Or how did that person help out?

The rogue is in due to his soaking capabilities (skillwise the Fury > The retri & frost).

Atm i'm thinking keeping fury on the boss, and let him soak the Courage spark, while have the rogue "tank" the strength, if i understand correctly he can soak with Feint and then also Soak a group of rage sparks with Cloak right?
    Last edited by kaib; 2012-11-30 at 09:59 AM.

We had a dk and a rogue. We just let the dk spec blood (dps-gear) and be on strengths full time. The rogue was on courage duty, and if none was up he was helping with rages/strengths. Enrage shouldnt be an issue, we had loads of time left when they went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Don't forget with feint and talent rogues take 80% less damage which is around 175k.
    Minor detail, but Elusiveness and baseline Feint are multiplicative not additive, so it's not quite that high. It works out to 1-(1-.5)(1-.3)=.65, or 65% damage reduction. Your main point still stands though.
    Last edited by Shimitsu; 2012-11-30 at 03:51 PM.

first set of sparks have the rogue and dk tank take 1(with ams) since theres nothing to tank that early. have the dk tank take the first courage spark(still nothing to tank yet.) after that have the rogue soak every strength spark, have ur 2 spriest(glyphed dispersion) take turns on double rage sparks, warlock can take 2nd courage spark(dark bargain, soak then remove DB, use unending resolve while getting healed) and mage takes any other courage sparks until lock cds are back up. have ur holy pally be a backup for double rage sparks(bubble), if u get adds down fast enough during the fight, rogue should be able to sneak in acouple double spark rages after feinting the strength spark(using cloak for double sparks).

as far as getting adds down faster, youre low on slows so have to rely on stuns/snares. spriest root snare(forget the name) should work decently. warlock talent into shadow fury and same goes for any other class with stuns. ele shaman and resto druid knockbacks have to be on point(dont knockback while snared). i can say that once u get used to the fight, killing those adds become faster. the hardest part about this fight is having ur soak order ready to go.
    Last edited by kaamila; 2012-11-30 at 04:04 PM.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

The best way to handle the first 6 sets of adds before the first intermission is kill them as they come, and on the 5th set, CC both of them, and kill all 4 on the 6th set. If you get to this point, you basically have won the fight. It's rinse repeat with only 3 sets of adds per intermission, kill the first 2, cc the 3rd and 4th rages, and kill all 4 again and go to town on the bosses until the next set.

There is a lot of nice information here that will really help us with our progress on Will HC. I have one question. We have been trying to attempt this fight with a Protection warrior and a brewmaster monk on the bosses and a rogue soaking all the rage's sparks with feint and cloak when it's up. In addition to that we have a boomkin, hunter, elemental shaman, frost dk and wind walker monk, plus a resto shaman and disc priest healing. Is this just too much strain on healers? Our tanks are really taking a pounding and I am wondering if we just have a bad set up.in theory we should have every single spark covered without problem but the healers seem over burdened like this.

Quote Originally Posted by East View Post
    There is a lot of nice information here that will really help us with our progress on Will HC. I have one question. We have been trying to attempt this fight with a Protection warrior and a brewmaster monk on the bosses and a rogue soaking all the rage's sparks with feint and cloak when it's up. In addition to that we have a boomkin, hunter, elemental shaman, frost dk and wind walker monk, plus a resto shaman and disc priest healing. Is this just too much strain on healers? Our tanks are really taking a pounding and I am wondering if we just have a bad set up.in theory we should have every single spark covered without problem but the healers seem over burdened like this.

How is your soaking rotation on rage sparks?

I see that you have a Hunter, so, ABUSE it! haha.. Thats what my core do with me... I soak all the even sparks on rages with deterrece (talented with 1 min CD), then someone else soaks the next wave, then me again, then someone else... Works fine since deterrence are imune to sparks damage.

We set our Rogue to be the 'tanker' of the Strengths (he also soak its spark and sometimes the courage ones), but since he takes some damage on soaking, he always ask for PoWS before he jumps on the spark, just for safe. Dont know exactly which CDs an Ele shaman and Frost DKs have to soaking, but im sure they have at least one, so just set a better soaking rotation with the Hunter and it will be easier to your healers.

Here is the vid of how we do the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doszy1W8Sts
    Last edited by Warrada; 2013-01-19 at 07:37 PM.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Your rogue can soak every single one as long as he is constantly topped off. Here's what we do:
    - We have our strength tanker soak the strength sparks (Blood DK in DPS gear)
    - Spriest, Monk, Mage, Holy Paladin take turns soaking courage sparks
    - Rogue eats all rage sparks with feint / cloak. (We always CC 1 rage and burn the other, so he can soak one at a time)

Works really well for us.

Thanks for the replies. We'll be trying something a little different tonight and have a blood dk and brewmaster tank the bosses. We'll have a rogue soak the sparks from and tank strengths. That leaves us with a hunter, monk, lock and Mage to deal with the rest