Thread: Garalon help

Deleted

Garalon help

Hey,

So we're slowly progressing through the raids but now we're stuck on Garalon any help would be great!

Garalon Logs

Our raid comp varies a lot raid to raid which is one thing that is definately causing problems.

We tried 3 heals 1 tank but it seemed too high for us to heal through the damage with me (holy pala) soaking the swipes. I don't think that we have enough healing to 2 heal 2 tank it though. I'm fairly sure we'll also hit the enrage timers with the current DPS if we ever can get that far.

So if you can tell me anything the DPS can do to push some more DPS and how the healers can get more healing out. Also any other advice is greatly appreciated!

For me:

I tried using the PvP 4 set today on our Vizier kill but without the free HP from the DP procs I was really struggling to keep EFs ticking on the whole raid (Only have the honour set). It may just be me not being experienced with it yet but it felt a fair bit weaker than my normal healing style (although mana was far less of a problem).

Deleted
    On your 5:57 attempt you were more than 100k dps away from minimum to beat enrage. I realize some people died beforehand but just mentioning that you need like 515k overall dps roughly to get him down before he does massive crush.
    The way I see the fight is you have 2 options, depending on your set-up (and off-specs):
    1) 3-heal and let healers do more work by having no real tanks (plate dps, holydin with shield, rogue, etc.) and have them do the kiting.
    2) 2-heal and let other people do the kiting so healers can run free wherever they need to (range issues can be annoying yes). Also you'd need some sort of "proper" tanks preferably with this, because a plate dps will really spike a ton and can't be left alone for too long from what I saw.

Either way you want to do it, your dps will really need to step it up.

I see you had your feral kiting? Why? You only have 1 melee and he should really not be the person kiting if you ask me. At all.
    You don't seem to have a really viable 2nd soaker for swipes apart from holydin (warlock in dark apotheosis perhaps?), so I'd suggest the following: dk goes dps spec and soaks with holydin. Other 2 healers kite, with 2 ranged dps (hunter, mage and shaman probably lose least dps while moving); make sure to not have a healer take pheromones from another healer, this way you can cover a lot more area with the 3 of you. Feral is full time on legs, if he can't take them down on his own before next one spawns, tell your fire mage to also run a bit with the legs to get the 100% damage buff and cleave to the boss from it. Your warlock and shadowpriest should just tunnel the body (and don't do any damage to the legs if they don't have double damage from it!). All that combined should up your dps a ton.
    If you're struggling near the pheromones transitions combined with the crushes, just realize that They occur every 40-45 seconds, so you can time raid cooldowns around it.

We also tried 1 or even 0 tanks (having plate DPS soak the frontal AoE) but it didn't work out. What did work out was having our 3 healers be the kiters of the pheromones, together with 1 rDPS. That way almost all DPS can just nuke the entire fight, beating enrage. Tanks are also DPS-ing, since they're not kiting, so not losing any DPS there either. Good luck!

My raid downed Garalon tonight. We had both tanks (me - prot pally and a prot warrior) grabbing the pheromones first, then our resto druid, followed by our Spriest. We took anywhere from 18-22 stacks each and it was perfectly timed. Instead of getting the pheromone trail all the way into the corners we just cut them a little which gives both tanks enough room to stay in range of furious swipe without causing crush and enough room for ranged to kite without getting hit by furious swipe. We 3 healed, only had our 2 melee on the legs (frost dk & fury warrior ) for cleaving, and ranged dotting the legs and focusing on the boss. The tanks kept the front two legs down. We even lost the prot warrior (dc'd) at around 15% and managed to down him with 4+ crushes going off in rapid succession due to pheromone swapping getting screwed. We killed him with 3 seconds left on enrage.

I would assign two to kill the inside legs when they're up and have everyone else focus the body. The mage will spread dots to the body and the druid already has to be close anyways, so it'd be them. If you have less people nuking those 2 legs they will be up more consistently, allowing those players to stay at +100% dmg or higher w/a multidot on his body. When a leg breaks it will take the exact same amount of health from garalon, so it's always a gain if you can stay in the circle and dps the leg. The people soaking his frontal aoe can dps the outside front leg consistently to pad you out more. The druid's activity is particularly low @ 74.2%. (~90% isn't that hard to achiev) Overall dps is way too low though. Lowest should be 80k or so and the mage should be pushing well over 100k.

I posted this in another thread, but this is what I would do if I were you! It helped us out:

Put your feral druid/mage on the legs full time! They should be killing the back two legs and the front right leg. Have your ranged stack in the middle of the room, if a leg pops up to them, they can dot it, but they need to go back to dpsing the body afterwards. Have you and the DK soak. The DK should be attacking the front right leg as much as possible. (don't waste dps on it though if he's not going to be able to kill it a final time before Garalon dies).

The fight is mainly about optimizing the dps you have as well as your raids uptime. Blood lust at the beginning and have your healers dps the body while the healing is easy. Everyone should be prepotting, even tanks/healers.

Kiting rotation should be 3 healers +1 tank to optimize dps. If you have any ranged kiting, you are losing dps that could have been on the boss. We personally did it, soaker, soaker, healer, healer (we had a tank/dps soak) This made it much more doable for our comp.