Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Honor/conquest grind for alts is now absurd

... Along with other alt-related complaints this expansion, this new upgrade system just made it roughly twice as long to cap honor gear for an alt,along with pretty much guaranteeing that new alts cannot catch up with mains during the season for conquest gear.

I understand that they want people to have plenty to do, but in the past you still chose how much you wanted to do by having several alts. All this is doing is locking you into playing one character if you want to pvp without a huge gear disadvantage(the biggest gear range of any season I can remember), which for a lot of people results in burn-out.

I feel the same since i always play 2-3 characters over arena season length. Sadly with how things are 20euro for a good bot to farm honor is probably the best investment there is atm, unless you don't have job/social live and can commit all your time to this game.

Im sorry I missed two points here,

The first, how has grinding honor and conquest changed, minus the fact your starting with gear which would affect your wins, but that works two ways

The second, "grind" isn't meant to be a quick walk in the park

Also if your also referring to JP and VP may I remind you, 25 50 and 75% vp increase rate on alts iirc, not to mention rep boost,

Also before you say the above isn't enough, I have two characters that are pvp'd geared in blues set, with contenders filling the missing slots, as well as a steady build of conq, and in PvE their both at LFR standard, AND thats without unlocking the bonus because I dont have a clue how to do that,

I'm probably logging about 4 hours game time a week as well as organizing a heralds run

So I find your thread absurd
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Im sorry I missed two points here,

The first, how has grinding honor and conquest changed, minus the fact your starting with gear which would affect your wins, but that works two ways
    Never before have we needed to grind for a full set of honor gear and then continue to grind upgrades for it whilst upgrading conquest gear at the same time. Oh and then grind upgrades to the conquest gear as well.

If you think your blue/contender geared characters are even half geared atm it's not worth having this conversation.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2012-12-01 at 07:32 PM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

Also if your also referring to JP and VP may I remind you, 25 50 and 75% vp increase rate on alts iirc, not to mention rep boost,
    Honor/conquest grind for alts is now absurd

Some people's reading comprehension is beyond hilarious.

Deleted
    We know bro no more rerolling mid seson, now you have to start from day one and also do RBG's to get a bigger cap. For the more casual it is also quite bad in multiple ways including the numbers of bots running around in BG's.

Blizzard is just making more people bot. And bots bot even more.
    Bot in yo bot yo.
    Hi

Amusing they add in a second layer of grind while bots run rife in game.
    RETH

The honor gear is not the problem, gearing up a new character is insanely hard atm when it comes to the conquest gear, you have the base 1800/2200 cap every week if you have no rating above 1500. But since you also need to upgrade the pieces that you guy for conquest points afther you bought them makes it impossible to catch up on gear afther you ding 90. With other words you will always be undergeared the whole arena season and thats not fun at all... dno what blizzard is doing. They keep fucking up over and over.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleinflex View Post
    The honor gear is not the problem, gearing up a new character is insanely hard atm when it comes to the conquest gear, you have the base 1800/2200 cap every week if you have no rating above 1500. But since you also need to upgrade the pieces that you guy for conquest points afther you bought them makes it impossible to catch up on gear afther you ding 90. With other words you will always be undergeared the whole arena season and thats not fun at all... dno what blizzard is doing. They keep fucking up over and over.
    Agreed, Honor is not a problem. My main has upgraded every piece except one of his dreadful pieces. Conquest grind will be a little bit more challenging. My Druid alt has upgraded several pieces as well, and I usually only BG with him a few times a day.

And while the conquest grind will be more challenging I don't think it would necessarily be impossible if you're doing Arena and Rated BGs.

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if there weren't at least 4-5 bots in every BG you do.

Honor farming is now just who has the least bots wins.

Deleted
    I think that one of the reasons they did this besides that they want it to be like in PVE it is because they want to make people to stay subbed. How do they achieve that with this change? Well most of the people need to stay competitive in case that they need to defend their titles at any given time. They said that they want to promote more active playing instead of sitting on the team for the whole season but in all honesty this doesn't promote anything since they won't queueu for 3s anyway, they will just limit themselves to 2s or RBG's.

*shrug* its your alt. Big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    It wouldn't be nearly as bad if there weren't at least 4-5 bots in every BG you do.

Honor farming is now just who has the least bots wins.
    Unfortunately this is the truth. Trying to keep people active through these kind of grinds doesn't really work well in a game with such a broad spectrum of players like WoW. I'm lucky if I can get to play a couple of hours per night and I don't want to spend my little playing time grinding currency to upgrade gear that I've already earned. I'm taking a few months out and giving the The Secret World a whirl, and I am enjoying it so far though I suspect it may not have much at level cap, but at least I feel like I'm getting something out of my limited playtime rather than running in a hamster wheel of monotonous grinding.

I want the ability to play with friends but I'm 5+ weeks behind on conquest capping, and if I played on my alt I wouldn't be doing RBGs for high caps.

So much for playing to have fun. Unless you started PvPing in the first months you won't be fully geared by the time the season ends, unless you RBG above 2k. I understand the intent for the change (to increase arena participation), but if anything it might lower it because a lot of people aren't playing on alts anymore.

Of the 10-15+ people I talk to frequently who Arena, all of them have alts who they used to play arena on, and none (bar 2) of them are playing arena on them because of the gear change and knowing they will always be at a disadvantage for the rest of the season.

A change a LOT of people (if not everyone) would've preferred is maybe splitting each PvE tier into 2 PvP seasons. Maybe even having shorter, seasonal seasons (3 months) that don't have a new set of gear for each season and just reset MMR and ratings.

More frequent seasons = more excitement, more rewards, higher chance of the title you want, more team/comp swapping, more chance of achievements (maybe achievement hunters would start PvP'ing instead of just ignoring the PvP achievs)

= more active and competitive community.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2012-12-02 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty let down when Blizzard randomly buffed T1/T2 weapon power. It's great on my monk, but the rest of my toons who were gearing up for PvP getting blown out of the water, and it now takes even more arena games to cap my alts each week due to more losses from not having a weapon! I don't know what Blizzard was thinking.. so I gave up! lol Level 20 trial twink here I come~~
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Yeah screw this, I'm just going to start botting. Grats Blizz, thanks to all the attempts to force us to play the game no one plays the game anymore.

What they need to do is add catch up mechanisms like conquest cap increasing each week and a honor/conquest buff on all characters on the account once you've capped one. Also remove the conquest earned limit on weapons after a month or so into the season.

Deleted
    This Conquest/Valor upgrade shit broke my camel's back. I'm seriously considering on quitting this World of Grindcraft for good. They not only force every average player grind everything, but also are comf*ckingpletely clueless about PvP.

I'm moving to play on AT private server, atleast it's still fun. And even if I decide to return retail I have zero interest to play anything else but my twinks. Unless of course Blizzard actually starts thinking, reverts shit changes and takes a closer look on pvp.

I simply don't grind, it helps keep me sane. The advantage is minimal for your playing level if you choose not to grind due to caps for conquest, and soon enough people will be decked out in conquest point gear. The advantage is present if you proceed with soul-crushing grinding, but it's not obligatory in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a 3.7k conquestcap on my warlockmain and a 3.4k cap on my druid alt, having no problem at all to cap them every week without having to waste to much time on it.
    Yes, gearing is insane when all you have is that 1.8k arenacap, but once you have a higher cap, you'll see it's actually no problem at all to keep up with the rest, granted you started early enough with it.

But then again, if you start playing mid season, then yes, you'll have a hard time catching up, but I think that's the point of being mid season.
    At the start of every season you can gear yourself out with honorgear that better then the conquestgear of the previous season, allowing you to catch up easily.