Thread: PvP Power

PvP Power

Is gemming PvP pwer as a healer a bad thing now?

Deleted
    Why should it be bad? PvP power won't increase heals anymore only for DPS (like Retri pala, enh shammy etc.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohadkar View Post
    Why should it be bad? PvP power won't increase heals anymore only for DPS (like Retri pala, enh shammy etc.)
    Im sorry, what..? PvP power increases healing for Healers, and only Damage for DPS specs.

OT: I gem full resi, 50/50 resi sockets on armor slots that gives resi bonus and without Yellow gem slots (160pvpower/160 resi, 80int/160 resi).
    The new pvp power buff on weapons is just ridiculous. Any Melee cleave team can global me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a reason not to gem PvP power for a healer. It increases your healing done on your allies...the change just means as a shadow priest, for instance, your heals won't do crap against my attacks (especially not with necrotic strike)

Most people argue that pvp power is a little better than primary stats such as int, strength etc. But with pvp power only giving 50% of the benefit to healers, I doubt that it's still the better choice for healers. Btw. there was no change in scaling for healers, this was just a tooltip update, the only change was the damage part.
    Gem resilience, with focus on either int or spirit, depending on how fast you go oom. Thats how I do it.

Edit:

Just made an excel sheet and it seems i would get higher heals with int rather than pvp-power (compared a 1k increase in int vs. 2k of pvp power, since it gives twice the amount). The difference is very minor though, but still. Also, a lfr weapon from HoF or Terrace is superior to T1 weapons, even after the buff, so in conclusion, avoid pvp-power and save yourself the points.
    Last edited by Cjeska; 2012-11-30 at 05:04 PM.

The pvp power hybrid heals nerf seems to be minuscule on the whole scale of things. My enhance shaman heals seems to still be adequate enough to mitigate enough damage to be considered 'alive'.

Don't gem PvP power as a healer. Not only does intellect give slightly higher base numbers, but you get some spell crit as a bonus. Also, PvP power won't affect your damage throughput while int will.

In reality there's a very small difference between the two, but there's no reason to go for the worse option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Don't gem PvP power as a healer. Not only does intellect give slightly higher base numbers, but you get some spell crit as a bonus. Also, PvP power won't affect your damage throughput while int will.

In reality there's a very small difference between the two, but there's no reason to go for the worse option.
    pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post

this is right.

healers should be going for int instead of pvp power because of the slightly (but evident) change in throughput. Take note though that in following seasons when int levels are higher, PvP power will likely become the better stat - but right now Int > PvP Power.