I need macro help.

I use tons of macros, mostly ones that bind Spell A and spell B to the same button with a shift modifier.

Trying to save space I edited my macro like such

#showtooltip [mod:shift]Gift of the Naaru; Greater Heal
    /cast Inner Focus
    [mouseover, mod:shift][focus, mod:shift][target, mod:shift][player, mod:shift]Gift of the Naaru
    [mouseover][focus][target][player]Greater Heal

There are "at" signs in the actual macro but I can't post them because this is my first post on these forums. -_-

It will cast on mouseover but that's it. It won't cast on focus, target or myself. :[
    It works if I set it up with "help" in each of the brackettes but then I don't have enough room for the entire macro. It doesn't make any sense to me why I would need to specify "help" when Greater Heal can only target friendly units...

Is there an addon that would allow me to set this up in the correct way or give me more room than 255 characters to set it up?
    Is there a way to type these sorts of things so that I can put more heals on one button efficiently?
    Any suggestions? ;~;
    Last edited by Ephemerius; 2012-11-30 at 08:15 AM.

are you trying to make a mouse over macro that does gift of naaru and greater heal on a shift macro?

why is inner focus in this macro?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Did I miss something? o_o

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 07:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    are you trying to make a mouse over macro that does gift of naaru and greater heal on a shift macro?

why is inner focus in this macro?
    Yes, that's how it's worked before I omitted the "help" parse.
    So I can use it whenever it's up and I'm casting Greater Heal without having to waste another button for just Inner Focus.

try google next time first find i got after googling for

mouse over macro with shift mod

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,mod:alt] Renewing Mist; [target=mouseover] Soothing Mist
    i cba with the inner focus seeing i prefer to see my icons change to what spell ill be casting
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemerius View Post
    I use tons of macros, mostly ones that bind Spell A and spell B to the same button with a shift modifier.

Trying to save space I edited my macro like such

#showtooltip [mod:shift]Gift of the Naaru; Greater Heal
    /cast Inner Focus
    [mouseover, mod:shift][focus, mod:shift][target, mod:shift][player, mod:shift]Gift of the Naaru
    [mouseover, mod:shift][focus, mod:shift][target, mod:shift][player, mod:shift]Greater Heal

There are "at" signs in the actual macro but I can't post them because this is my first post on these forums. -_-

It will cast on mouseover but that's it. It won't cast on focus, target or myself. :[
    It works if I set it up with "help" in each of the brackettes but then I don't have enough room for the entire macro. It doesn't make any sense to me why I would need to specify "help" when Greater Heal can only target friendly units...

Is there an addon that would allow me to set this up in the correct way or give me more room than 255 characters to set it up?
    Is there a way to type these sorts of things so that I can put more heals on one button efficiently?
    Any suggestions? ;~;
    Umm.. because you have all the modifiers as shift? lol

/use Inner Focus
    /use [@focus,help,mod:alt][@mouseover,help][]Gift of the Naaru
    /use [@focus,help,mod:alt][@mouseover,help][]Greater Heal

the [help] part isnt there to make it work - its just there so, for example if you're mousing over an enemy, it will fallthrough to cast normally instead of giving you the cast-pending hand thing

Ah! Right sorry I typed it wrong. Greater heal isn't supposed to have a shift.

It's meant to be
    tooltip
    Inner Focus
    [mouseover, shift][focus, shift][target, shift]Gift of the Naaru
    [mouseover][focus][target]Greater Heal

How the macro worked when it did was that it would look at where my mouse was, if nothing to heal was there, it would look at my focus, if nothing was there it would look at my target, if nothing was there it would cast on me. Which worked really well for me since my settings are very much so different from the normal.
    I took out the help and now it won't work at all. I still need the same cast targeting sequence though, so it's not about the modifiers.

The problem pops up when I want to use the new macro with inner focus and the tooltips. Adding that in makes the macro to long so to shorten it I was hoping that removing the "help" parse would not mess the macro up but it did and now I dunno if there is a fancier way to write it to get it to do what I need within the character limit. Which is why I'm posting here since I don't know to terribly much about macros.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod:shift]Inner Focus
    /cast [@mouseover,mod:shift,help,nodead][@focus,mod:shift,help,nodead][mod:shift,help,nodead]Gift of the Naaru; [@mouseover,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][help,nodead]Greater Heal
    This one also won't cast Inner Focus with shift (since GotN doesn't benefit from it last I checked).

Code:
    #showtooltip [mod:shift]Gift of the Naaru;Greater Heal
    /use inner focus
    /use [@mouseover,help,mod:shift][@focus,help,mod:shift][@target,help,mod:shift][@player,mod:shift]Gift of the Naaru;  [@mouseover,help][@focus,help][@target,help][@player]Greater Heal
    I think thats what you want, and 255 char to the limit
    [Edit] awe the guy above me has a better one use his
    Last edited by ice216; 2012-11-30 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    Code:
    Macro that works
    I think thats what you want, and 255 char to the limit
    [Edit] awe the guy above me has a better one use his
    You win everything ever.
    I dunno why this works but it does.
    It works and I thank you!

After seeing Treestons i think mine will fail if you have a mouseover/focus of a dead person. Ill give it another look but i am not sure how to fit in the [nodead] and keep the tooltip swap

I've never had a problem with a mouseover or focus of a dead person without the nodead snipit so I never use it in order to make the macro shorter. I was doing my best to not use the "help" thing but apparently it is required. :c

Code:
    #showtooltip [mod:shift]Gift of the Naaru;Greater Heal
    /use [mod:shift]inner focus
    /use [@mouseover,help,mod:shift,nodead][@focus,help,mod:shift,nodead][mod:shift]Gift of the Naaru; [@mouseover,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][]Greater Heal
    Based on the way you had your original macro written I assumed you do not have auto self cast enabled, however you can cut a bit of fat from the macro if you enable that and use the above, all auto self cast does is when you have no target it targets yourself without giving you that glowing hand waiting for you to pick a target escape>interface>combat>auto self cast check box.

Another option and the way I personally handle these issues is to just bind that spell to another button. For instance if '1' is your greater heal button, just bind the slot with Gift of the naaru to 'shift 1' and shove it off to the side so you can see the cd left on it. Then again I am not a big stickler about perfect looking bars or interface.