Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Physical violence can be done to a person without that person having any measurable effect of said physical violence. If I push someone away then that can be considered physical assault, if the circumstances dictate it to be so, but there won't be any physical trauma inflicted in that persons body.
    Good luck proving the assault and getting anywhere with it.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  2. #182
    Read the articles linked within the article. The menacing complaint against the man was filed after he threatened to choke the girl with a chain.

  3. #183
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,214
    Yep, the guy is an absolute asshole. He should have been fined at most, but I don't think he did anything that warranted jail time.

  4. #184
    What a fucking douche.

  5. #185
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Landrii View Post
    Read the articles linked within the article. The menacing complaint against the man was filed after he threatened to choke the girl with a chain.
    Ok if thats true then this story makes a little more sense.

  6. #186
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Physical violence can be done to a person without that person having any measurable effect of said physical violence. If I push someone away then that can be considered physical assault, if the circumstances dictate it to be so, but there won't be any physical trauma inflicted to that persons body.

    Even if it's in a friendly manner, if they wanted to call it physical assault then it wouldn't take much for a judge to see it that way. People are saying that verbal abuse isn't similar to physical abuse because it doesn't have any measurable effect or do any actual harm to the person receiving it, yet physical assault can be considered assault without it actually having any measurable effect or doing any physical harm either.

    Let's use a hypothetical case; If I flicked someones ear and didn't do it hard enough to do any damage, and they turned around and punched me, could they plead self-defense or say that they didn't initiate the assault if I decided to press assault charges?
    That situation is where my head explodes.

  7. #187
    So who gets to decide what "hate" groups arent allowed to exist? Thought police are here!

    Its not a groups thoughts, but their actions that dictate criminality. This guy was harassing though, and that is a crime.

  8. #188
    Herald of the Titans Theodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Good luck proving the assault and getting anywhere with it.
    Pushing someone is considered 3rd degree assault, and people have been charged with it in the past. The only time it escilates to 1st degree assault is when you push someone and the result is them being hit by a car or something.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Your brother's arm is autistic?

    Really, learn to read about an disorder before making possible insulting comments on it. Anyway, how did you guys react? I would have personally hit/told that women what it really means.
    I am the King of Rome, and above grammar.
    - Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor


  10. #190
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    16,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Well I hope he gets raped in jail so his ass gets destroyed.
    That seems like a bit of a disproportionate response to me.
    She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean
    She was the best damned woman that I ever seen
    She had the sightless eyes, telling me no lies
    And knocking me out with those American thighs

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Landrii View Post
    Read the articles linked within the article. The menacing complaint against the man was filed after he threatened to choke the girl with a chain.
    yes, now that is certainly jail-worthy. what a tough guy, huh?

  12. #192
    I hope I never have to do time for being an asshole But yeah, that guy is a massive asshole and deserves to be handicappizized!

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    I think you are very much overreacting. If future cases like this pop up and people are jailed for it, then your stand point might be justified, but until this is shown to be anything other than one unlucky douche being used as a whipping boy then I wouldn't think full blown outrage and protesting is uncalled for. At some point people seemingly need to be reminded that being that big a prick isn't going to go unnoticed.
    Why can't we pricks though? If it's who we are then it's who we are. If we don't break any legitimate laws then who has the right to stop us from it? I'm a royal asshole most of the time but I don't threaten people with bodily harm, I don't go out and cause bodily harm to people. I make fun of people, I mock people, I speak my mind when I know it'll hurt someones feelings. Why do I do it? Because I want to. There's no underlying right. I just want to do it. It amuses me, it comes naturally to me and the idea that I could be JAILED for that?.. I'm not over reacting at all. This is the start of a slippery slope.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogoes View Post
    Why can't we pricks though? If it's who we are then it's who we are. If we don't break any legitimate laws then who has the right to stop us from it? I'm a royal asshole most of the time but I don't threaten people with bodily harm, I don't go out and cause bodily harm to people. I make fun of people, I mock people, I speak my mind when I know it'll hurt someones feelings. Why do I do it? Because I want to. There's no underlying right. I just want to do it. It amuses me, it comes naturally to me and the idea that I could be JAILED for that?.. I'm not over reacting at all. This is the start of a slippery slope.
    Because it's all about balancing rights. You have the right to be a prick but also people have the right to not be treated like shit. When these rights conflict with each other it is up to society to step in and balance them.

  15. #195
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,143
    I HATE HATE HATE the fucking media. After a bunch of digging around different places:

    "Bailey, she said, “was swinging a tow chain on his porch, saying he was going to choke me until I stopped twitching. I sent my kids with my mother-in-law to leave with them. My husband called the sheriff.”
    In Ohio, a menacing charge is a misdemeanor fourth degree, which carries a maximum of 30 days in jail.
    The second original charge, for the bus stop incident, was disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. A disorderly conduct is a minor misdemeanor and carries no jail time."

    So the man did NOT go to Jail for mocking the handicapped girl. The man got 30 days in jail for threatening the life of the mother.

    If this shit had been presented correctly from the start, you wouldn't have people all outraged about free speech. Title the article: "Man jailed for threatening handicapped girl's mother" and in the article say "He made this statement threatening the woman, which is this charge, which carried this sentence.

    Don't imply that he went to jail because he imitated a handicapped girl's walk. He didn't. He got a minor fine because the police were called about it. Normally nothing would happen and you'd just think what an asshole the guy is.

    Again, he's going to jail because he threatened to choke the mother with a chain.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogoes View Post
    Why can't we pricks though? If it's who we are then it's who we are. If we don't break any legitimate laws then who has the right to stop us from it? I'm a royal asshole most of the time but I don't threaten people with bodily harm, I don't go out and cause bodily harm to people. I make fun of people, I mock people, I speak my mind when I know it'll hurt someones feelings. Why do I do it? Because I want to. There's no underlying right. I just want to do it. It amuses me, it comes naturally to me and the idea that I could be JAILED for that?.. I'm not over reacting at all. This is the start of a slippery slope.
    that is the reason you havent been taken to court. Your still a douche for making fun of disabled people who already suffer enough every second of every day and possibly destroying what little self confidence they have. But youve not yet graduated to being a criminal douche.

    As someone who lives with a person with cerebal palsy i can say its dicks like the guy in the article, and the guy ive quoted, who feel its fine to take the piss out of anyone different and make life harder for those struggling to cope with conditions they have ZERO control over. That little girl diddnt ask for it, she diddnt get injured doing something stupid. She was born this way and asswholes who feel they have a right to get a laugh over it best hope the situation is never reversed.



    And to you Kogoes. You think its fine to 'speak your mind' and take the piss out of people with disabilities. Well karma is a bitch and for once i sincerely hope you or someone you love will have to deal with this. Maybe when YOUR little girl is struggling with her self asteem and some douche 'speaks his mind' you can try to comfort her as she cries her eyes out by telling her 'hes entitled to speak his mind'. You sir/madam make me sick.
    Last edited by Wikkr; 2012-11-30 at 03:15 PM. Reason: minor grammer fix to make it readable

  17. #197
    What he did was despicable but I fail to see how it's worthy of jail?
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    Weight lost since 21st of June: 62kg/~136lb

  18. #198
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,143
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    What he did was despicable but I fail to see how it's worthy of jail?
    Look two posts up. Problem with media; they don't actually lay out the facts. If they did, it would be clear why he went to jail.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    I HATE HATE HATE the fucking media. After a bunch of digging around different places:

    "Bailey, she said, “was swinging a tow chain on his porch, saying he was going to choke me until I stopped twitching. I sent my kids with my mother-in-law to leave with them. My husband called the sheriff.”
    In Ohio, a menacing charge is a misdemeanor fourth degree, which carries a maximum of 30 days in jail.
    The second original charge, for the bus stop incident, was disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. A disorderly conduct is a minor misdemeanor and carries no jail time."

    So the man did NOT go to Jail for mocking the handicapped girl. The man got 30 days in jail for threatening the life of the mother.

    If this shit had been presented correctly from the start, you wouldn't have people all outraged about free speech. Title the article: "Man jailed for threatening handicapped girl's mother" and in the article say "He made this statement threatening the woman, which is this charge, which carried this sentence.

    Don't imply that he went to jail because he imitated a handicapped girl's walk. He didn't. He got a minor fine because the police were called about it. Normally nothing would happen and you'd just think what an asshole the guy is.

    Again, he's going to jail because he threatened to choke the mother with a chain.
    That sounds much more appropriate, a fine for the imitation and Jail for threatening behaviour sounds about right.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    And to you Kogoes. You think its fine to 'speak your mind' and take the piss out of people with disabilities. Well karma is a bitch and for once i sincerely hope you or someone you love will have to deal with this. Maybe when YOUR little girl is struggling with her self asteem and some douche 'speaks his mind' you can try to comfort her as she cries her eyes out by telling her 'hes entitled to speak his mind'. You sir/madam make me sick.
    You're entitled to feel that way and I appreciate the fact that you've taken the time to bring up an utterly unrealistic concept such as Karma. I however, do not believe in it as I have yet to ever encounter a true example of it. My 'self esteem' challenged non-existent offspring would also like to thank you for wishing them well. Of course while you keep telling me what a lousy nausea inducing person I am, I'm just going to stand up tall and keep doing what I do. I'm going to use my freedom of speech to its fullest extent and I'm going to love life doing it.

    Oh wait, looking up the man threatened to choke the woman with a chain. Well I guess that's illegal but I think it was one of thosed heated anger things. I still think its moronic that he's in jail but it was TECHNICALLY illegal.. Guess that wraps that up for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •