Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogoes View Post
    You're entitled to feel that way and I appreciate the fact that you've taken the time to bring up an utterly unrealistic concept such as Karma. I however, do not believe in it as I have yet to ever encounter a true example of it. My 'self esteem' challenged non-existent offspring would also like to thank you for wishing them well. Of course while you keep telling me what a lousy nausea inducing person I am, I'm just going to stand up tall and keep doing what I do. I'm going to use my freedom of speech to its fullest extent and I'm going to love life doing it.

    Oh wait, looking up the man threatened to choke the woman with a chain. Well I guess that's illegal but I think it was one of thosed heated anger things. I still think its moronic that he's in jail but it was TECHNICALLY illegal.. Guess that wraps that up for me.
    Karma is not an unrealistic concept you encounter it everyday in everything that you do, it is also known as Newtons third law "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

  2. #202
    They should all be shot.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Karma is not an unrealistic concept you encounter it everyday in everything that you do, it is also known as Newtons third law "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"
    I'm not a nice person, I very seldom do positive things for anyone but my group of friends and family whom I treat very well. As I've stated, I make fun of a LOT of people from every walk of life. Nothing proportionately bad happens to me. My father is like me only twenty years older. He's pretty much the same kind of person I am. He's doing great to. Come on, where's this great divine balancing justice thingermajig.

  4. #204
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,993
    This guy in the article is an ass, but as far as I am concerned it's protected speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  5. #205
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    This guy in the article is an ass, but as far as I am concerned it's protected speech.
    Threatening to choke someone with a chain isn't protected speech and is what got him 30 days in jail.

  6. #206
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Threatening to choke someone with a chain isn't protected speech and is what got him 30 days in jail.
    I didn't see that in the article in the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogoes View Post
    I'm not a nice person, I very seldom do positive things for anyone but my group of friends and family whom I treat very well. As I've stated, I make fun of a LOT of people from every walk of life. Nothing proportionately bad happens to me. My father is like me only twenty years older. He's pretty much the same kind of person I am. He's doing great to. Come on, where's this great divine balancing justice thingermajig.
    Well I am not a psychologist but I would say some of it probably already happened. More than often there is a reason why people make fun of other it is usually because they themselves have been treated bad in the past and feel a need to assert themselves or it could be many other things. I am just saying there is a reason you act you do and it's part nature and part nurture. You say your father is like you, it could be something bad that happened to your father and then you learnt that behaviour and so it passes on.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I didn't see that in the article in the OP.
    the article had links to far better written stuff. the article in the OP was a travesty of journalism, if it even warrants being called journalism

  9. #209
    Meanwhile chick who makes up story about rape and condemns innocent guy to jail for 10 years, completely destroying his life goes unpunished.
    Only in America...

    edit: Well, actually, rest of the world with EU on the top learns quite fast this overly correct BS
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2012-11-30 at 03:48 PM.

  10. #210
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,993
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    the article had links to far better written stuff. the article in the OP was a travesty of journalism, if it even warrants being called journalism
    Okay there it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Well I am not a psychologist but I would say some of it probably already happened. More than often there is a reason why people make fun of other it is usually because they themselves have been treated bad in the past and feel a need to assert themselves or it could be many other things. I am just saying there is a reason you act you do and it's part nature and part nurture. You say your father is like you, it could be something bad that happened to your father and then you learnt that behaviour and so it passes on.
    So this 'karma' thing has in some way effected my life to balance out my cruelty in a negative way but I'm somehow just ignoring it and unaware of the fact because I inherited my behavior from my father? Not really karma for me then. Feelin' pretty good right about.

  12. #212
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    Deserved, doesn't matter if it isn't illegal to me

    He should be beaten to a limp for that.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Deserved, doesn't matter if it isn't illegal to me

    He should be beaten to a limp for that.
    Yes because beating him to a limp is going to somehow make everything okay for the little girl. All you're doing is crippling a productive, albeit mean, member of society because he was amused by something you aren't.

  14. #214
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogoes View Post
    Yes because beating him to a limp is going to somehow make everything okay for the little girl. All you're doing is crippling a productive, albeit mean, member of society because he was amused by something you aren't.
    I don't care.

    Also will not read in this thread anymore, he deserved that jail time hard.

  15. #215
    I like my philosophy. You absolutely have the right to say whatever you want to say. But sometimes you also have to pay the consequences for what your actions as well.

    This is a time he has to pay. And rightfully so. An adult making fun of a disabled child. How fucking disgusting and low can someone get?

  16. #216
    Sounds very reasonable.

  17. #217
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,993
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Sounds very reasonable.
    It's only reasonable because he threatened the mother. Not because he was being an immature ass to the child.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Meanwhile chick who makes up story about rape and condemns innocent guy to jail for 10 years, completely destroying his life goes unpunished.
    Only in America...

    edit: Well, actually, rest of the world with EU on the top learns quite fast this overly correct BS
    That "chick" was a minor when the offense occurred. We don't usually apply the same laws to minors that we do to adults.

    This idiot, on the other hand... Well, he'll just get a month to reflect on the merits of being an asshole.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Except he didn't swing his fist.

    As I said, he's a fucking asshole but you don't get to be arrested for freedom of speech.

    the Term Freedom of speech does not literary mean you can say anything, it has its limits: sorry lazy.. just gonna paste an example in here

    Criticism of the government and advocacy of unpopular ideas that people may find distasteful or against public policy are almost always permitted. There are exceptions to these general protections, including the Miller test for obscenity, child pornography laws, speech that incites imminent lawless action, and regulation of commercial speech such as advertising. Within these limited areas, other limitations on free speech balance rights to free speech and other rights, such as rights for authors and inventors over their works and discoveries (copyright and patent), protection from imminent or potential violence against particular persons (restrictions on fighting words), or the use of untruths to harm others (slander). Distinctions are often made between speech and other acts which may have symbolic significance.

    Freedom of speech includes the right:

    Not to speak (specifically, the right not to salute the flag).
    West Virginia Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943).

    Of students to wear black armbands to school to protest a war (“Students do not shed their constitutional rights at the schoolhouse gate.”).
    Tinker v. Des Moines, 393 U.S. 503 (1969).

    To use certain offensive words and phrases to convey political messages.
    Cohen v. California, 403 U.S. 15 (1971).

    To contribute money (under certain circumstances) to political campaigns.
    Buckley v. Valeo, 424 U.S. 1 (1976).

    To advertise commercial products and professional services (with some restrictions).
    Virginia Board of Pharmacy v. Virginia Consumer Council, 425 U.S. 748 (1976); Bates v. State Bar of Arizona, 433 U.S. 350 (1977).

    To engage in symbolic speech, e.g., burning the flag in protest.
    Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989); United States v. Eichman, 496 U.S. 310 (1990).


    Freedom of speech does not include the right:


    To incite actions that would harm others (e.g. “[S]hout[ing] ‘fire’ in a crowded theater.”).
    Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919).

    To make or distribute obscene materials.
    Roth v. United States, 354 U.S. 476 (1957).

    To burn draft cards as an anti-war protest.
    United States v. O’Brien, 391 U.S. 367 (1968).

    To permit students to print articles in a school newspaper over the objections of the school administration.
    Hazelwood School District v. Kuhlmeier, 484 U.S. 260 (1988).

    Of students to make an obscene speech at a school-sponsored event.
    Bethel School District #43 v. Fraser, 478 U.S. 675 (1986).

    Of students to advocate illegal drug use at a school-sponsored event.
    Morse v. Frederick, __ U.S. __ (2007).

  20. #220
    Brewmaster Caninese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,434
    The man is certainly an asshole, and very immature. What he did was wrong, but I'm disgusted by the fact that he is being sent to jail for something that isn't illegal. He didn't violate her rights, at all. He simply imitated the way she walks. Bullying should hardly be a jail-worthy taboo, and those who want to deprive someone of almost all of their freedoms because they have hurt feelings are no better than the actual bully. Jailing the man doesn't solve the problem, this girl is going to be made fun of by people like this man, and people that are far crueler in her lifetime.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •