Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Man goes to Jail for mocking handicapped girl

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/judg...p+Headlines%29

While I don't agree with what he did, how was he doing anything against the law?

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/judg...p+Headlines%29

While I don't agree with what he did, how was he doing anything against the law?
    The guy is a fucking asshole but I fail to see how he did anything illegal.

Good, about time people realize freedom of speech isn't something to hide behind while you insult someone or try to bring them down.
    "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins." Words to live by.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post

Disorderly Conduct and Aggravated Menacing is what he was charged with, and both are very vague crimes but what he did falls under either/or. Usually when you are charged with one of these you show up for court, plead no contest and pay a fine. But I imagine the Judge - rightfully so - wanted to impress upon this forty-three fucking year old child that this is not how you behave in society.

terrible. we actually had this happen to our family a few years ago, a middle aged woman was mocking my little brother's autistic arm flapping in the handicapped section of watching the xmas parade at *disneyland* of all places, but certainly didn't try to send her to JAIL over it. crazy.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Well I hope he gets raped in jail so his ass gets destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Good, about time people realize freedom of speech isn't something to hide behind while you insult someone or try to bring them down.
    "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins." Words to live by.
    Except he didn't swing his fist.

As I said, he's a fucking asshole but you don't get to be arrested for freedom of speech.

Deleted
    Good. It's about time we all did something about bullies... jail time if need be. Regardless of age.

Deleted
    Disorderly conduct can carry jail time, judge clearly felt it appropriate, I see nothing wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    terrible. we actually had this happen to our family a few years ago, a middle aged woman was mocking my little brother's autistic arm flapping in the handicapped section of watching the xmas parade at *disneyland* of all places, but certainly didn't try to send her to JAIL over it. crazy.
    Your brother's arm is autistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Except he didn't swing his fist.

As I said, he's a fucking asshole but you don't get to be arrested for freedom of speech.
    Wow.... Are you serious?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're being rude and need to go to jail for menacing society.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I think you're being rude and need to go to jail for menacing society.
    Bring me to court then.

Deleted
    Deserved. Maybe the next guy will think twice about doing it. Is it really worth upsetting someone for a cheap gag? Nope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Your brother's arm is autistic?
    You seem to be slightly disturbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guy's an ashole but its not really a crime. Otherwise all bullies should be arrested ( which wouldn't be a bad thing ).

Simply putting this on the news would probaly get him shunned and beaten up for it which seems appropiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    You seem to be slightly disturbed.
    It was funny.

Deleted
    How did freedom of speech even get in the discussion? He did NOTHING close to freedom of speech. He was just bullying a child by mimicing so wtf are ppl talking about that?

Everytime you see some idiot you always get stunned how they actually can act/be like that.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2012-11-30 at 09:57 AM.

Bring me to court then.
    Good thing you're not a judge, you'd have to send yourself to jail.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Wow.... Are you serious?
    Yeah. I'm one of those people who support groups' rights to free speech like the WBC. As long as the speech isn't incisive of violence I see no harm in letting anyone say anything they want.