Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    It was funny.
    No it wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I agree with the charge or the punishment, but I certainly do think some rather serious action was necessary(beyond the usual paying a fine or something). An adult should not take to mocking children, and teaching his kids to do the same.

Of course, it'll be interesting to see if there's any validity to the claims that the handicapped girl's family was doing something against him and his.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    How did freedom of speech even get in the discussion? He did NOTHING close to freedom of speech. He was just bullying a child so wtf are ppl talking about that?
    Pretty simple people nowa days think they can get away most crap like this...."its within their rights" or "they never meant to harm anyone"... How about we go after WestBoro next... So many deserve what this one guy got.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Simply putting this on the news would probaly get him shunned and beaten up for it which seems appropiate.
    Yeah sounds about right. Seems quite appropriate to get beaten up for making fun of something. That kind of self righteousness is always just hilarious. Probably should consider moving to a cultural region better suited for your needs. This seems fitting http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/28/wo...ilm/index.html for example.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-11-30 at 10:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Your brother's arm is autistic?
    yes, we had it officially diagnosed at age 3 once we noticed it didn't want to play with the other arm and instead just hung there alone in its own little world.
    Last edited by hellosaltygoodness; 2012-11-30 at 10:12 AM.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

If he had a history of doing this, that could have made the judge feel like he had to hand down a more severe sentence than a mere fine.

Yeah. I'm one of those people who support groups' rights to free speech like the WBC. As long as the speech isn't incisive of violence I see no harm in letting anyone say anything they want.
    Wow you stop it only at violence? So impressed! Nothing terrible ever happened from simple verbal abuse!
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Your brother's arm is autistic?
    Reading is hard isn't it? There is the word "flapping" behind it.

Deleted
    Except he didn't swing his fist.

As I said, he's a fucking asshole but you don't get to be arrested for freedom of speech.
    That's not freedom of speech though... Freedom of speech doesn't cover everything, you're still not allowed to threaten, mock or otherwise insult other people...

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    yes, we had it officially diagnosed at age 3 once we noticed it didn't want to play with the arm other and instead just hung there alone in its own little world.
    See? The guy who posted it understood it was facetious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I'm one of those people who support groups' rights to free speech like the WBC. As long as the speech isn't incisive of violence I see no harm in letting anyone say anything they want.
    What about all the children who commit suicide via bullying and verbal abuse?

This is totally what we should be wasting our time on, arresting people who make fun of others. Definitely not the plethora of other crimes that happen.

This is so stupid...
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    That's not freedom of speech though... Freedom of speech doesn't cover everything, you're still not allowed to threaten, mock or otherwise insult other people...
    You are in the United States. Have people forgotten we allow hate groups to exist and rally?

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Weak willed individuals who probably wouldn't have helped society in any meaningful way anyway.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-11-30 at 08:15 PM.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

There's nothing unusual about this - there are a lot of vaguely-worded 'crimes' that gives judges/police a LOT of lee-way to harass/prosecute people, regardless of whether or not what they did was illegal. It's been like that forever.

Watching the video, the guy is obviously a complete douchebag, and he probably does deserve to be punished. Jailtime? ... not IMO. There are real people out there committing actual crimes, and jails and prisons are overflowing - this is why. I think a hefty fine, and probably some court-ordered therapy of some kind would have been more fitting. Also, since the bullying was caught on video, I don't think it's out of line for the son to be expelled from school, which keeps it out of the police's hands, which I see as a good thing - cops shouldn't be involved in this type of thing in the first place.

It is pretty bad to think a grown man is actually emotionally harassing a 10 year old girl. Obviously, there is something wrong with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Weak willed individuals who probably wouldn't have helped society in any meaningful way anyway.
    Like people that act tough on MMO-Champion?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are in the United States. Have people forgotten we allow hate groups to exist and rally?
    Ah... So you're basically saying that in the United States we already have morons, therefore everyone should be allowed to be a moron?
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    The solution isn't to shelter them, but teach them to deal with the problem. The world has no obligation to coddle you from cradle to grave.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Ah... So you're basically saying that the United States we already have morons, therefore everyone should be allowed to be a moron?
    No, I'm saying that the United States values freedom of speech in all its forms. When you allow the state to block one form because it hurts your feelings, you're giving the state license to decide what is and is not acceptable.