Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    So you should always just volunteer since you have 100% chance of "winning" if you are balanced to another team? Then I can just whore out cap points and zerg the whole game for glory, resting assured in a win?
    As long as you were transferred to the either team (whether volunteering or being forced by random chance) then yes, they did this because people were complaining about how they were getting shafted by the auto balancing because they were winning and then all of a sudden they're swapped to the losing team and, you guessed it, lose.

I fully support the change because i'm one of those play for fun people, so i just swap when ever given the option.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I didn't know this... This actually makes it much more appealing.

Deleted
    I dont think there should be a penalty in hot join except shorten the afk timer to kick those people out. Other than that the hotjoin model is made so you can join fast and leave fast... a model for those with just some minutes to spare in game and still got some fun to do.
    In tournaments you are locked in the tournament as it starts, you get automatically teleported into the game and that keeps happening until the tournament is over. Only way to solve it is to logout of the game and sure... many people do that but Im not sure how to put penalties on that. If there is some kind of ranking depending on your solo performance you could lower that rank if you dont take part in the tournaments you decided to join. Or add a timer to when you can join again, that stays when you log back in, but that might be contraproductive... even if we dont want those people to play the game needs people to play those tournaments and might not be good to limit how you are able to participate. Well, I dont know... something should be done though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Yes, because you know.... everyone enjoys playing in the special olympics online, er i mean sPvP pugs, yeah, they're CLEARLY leaving because it's to hard and not because they've had enough dosage of mentally retarded for the week...

Now for tPvP i can understand because that gets fucking annoying when bobby the afking jack ass doesn't show up for 30 minutes into the match and when they -do- show up the other team has already 3 capped you and is proceeding to destroy your undermanned team...
    when i talk of sPvP i am just talking about tournaments not hot-join. hot-join is meant to have people join and leave as they please by design: you do NOT have to alt-f4 to leave a hot-join match. it actually disturbs me that you think of hot-join as actual sPvP :/
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    when i talk of sPvP i am just talking about tournaments not hot-join. hot-join is meant to have people join and leave as they please by design: you do NOT have to alt-f4 to leave a hot-join match. it actually disturbs me that you think of hot-join as actual sPvP :/
    On offici forums sPvP= hot join and tPvP= tournies (they're two entirerly different beasts) since you're talking about tournies I 200% agree with you, as I'm pretty sure I already said in that post lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    My guild chose to switch servers to get shorter WvW queues. It worked