Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    now if only they would penalize people (either a debuff that prevents you from participating in games for a while or something more drastic to deter this practice) that leave sPvP games early or log-off in WvW: if you can't stand the heat don't bother queuing my friend!
    Yes, because you know.... everyone enjoys playing in the special olympics online, er i mean sPvP pugs, yeah, they're CLEARLY leaving because it's to hard and not because they've had enough dosage of mentally retarded for the week...

Now for tPvP i can understand because that gets fucking annoying when bobby the afking jack ass doesn't show up for 30 minutes into the match and when they -do- show up the other team has already 3 capped you and is proceeding to destroy your undermanned team...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

now if only they would penalize people (either a debuff that prevents you from participating in games for a while or something more drastic to deter this practice) that leave sPvP games early or log-off in WvW: if you can't stand the heat don't bother queuing my friend!
    I agree hot join definitely needs some penalties for quitting mid game. Currently as soon as a team starts losing they all quit, members of the winning team get bumped to the losing team at random. Poor design. It's fine for games like CS where it makes zero difference if your team wins or loses, but in GW2 you suffer for getting autobalanced since you miss out on the bonus glory.

Have something similar to tPvP where you are essentially locked into the game once you start.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    I agree hot join definitely needs some penalties for quitting mid game. Currently as soon as a team starts losing they all quit, members of the winning team get bumped to the losing team at random. Poor design. It's fine for games like CS where it makes zero difference if your team wins or loses, but in GW2 you suffer for getting autobalanced since you miss out on the bonus glory.

Have something similar to tPvP where you are essentially locked into the game once you start.
    False, it makes zero difference if you win or lose as long as you were auto balanced to a team, when you either volunteer to go, or are auto balanced to the losin team you will ALWAYS get the winning glory amount, so if people leave hot join there is no downside other than they don't get shit from that match.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    False, it makes zero difference if you win or lose as long as you were auto balanced to a team, when you either volunteer to go, or are auto balanced to the losin team you will ALWAYS get the winning glory amount, so if people leave hot join there is no downside other than they don't get shit from that match.
    So you should always just volunteer since you have 100% chance of "winning" if you are balanced to another team? Then I can just whore out cap points and zerg the whole game for glory, resting assured in a win?

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    So you should always just volunteer since you have 100% chance of "winning" if you are balanced to another team? Then I can just whore out cap points and zerg the whole game for glory, resting assured in a win?
    As long as you were transferred to the either team (whether volunteering or being forced by random chance) then yes, they did this because people were complaining about how they were getting shafted by the auto balancing because they were winning and then all of a sudden they're swapped to the losing team and, you guessed it, lose.

I fully support the change because i'm one of those play for fun people, so i just swap when ever given the option.

Wow, I didn't know this... This actually makes it much more appealing.

I dont think there should be a penalty in hot join except shorten the afk timer to kick those people out. Other than that the hotjoin model is made so you can join fast and leave fast... a model for those with just some minutes to spare in game and still got some fun to do.
    In tournaments you are locked in the tournament as it starts, you get automatically teleported into the game and that keeps happening until the tournament is over. Only way to solve it is to logout of the game and sure... many people do that but Im not sure how to put penalties on that. If there is some kind of ranking depending on your solo performance you could lower that rank if you dont take part in the tournaments you decided to join. Or add a timer to when you can join again, that stays when you log back in, but that might be contraproductive... even if we dont want those people to play the game needs people to play those tournaments and might not be good to limit how you are able to participate. Well, I dont know... something should be done though
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Yes, because you know.... everyone enjoys playing in the special olympics online, er i mean sPvP pugs, yeah, they're CLEARLY leaving because it's to hard and not because they've had enough dosage of mentally retarded for the week...

Now for tPvP i can understand because that gets fucking annoying when bobby the afking jack ass doesn't show up for 30 minutes into the match and when they -do- show up the other team has already 3 capped you and is proceeding to destroy your undermanned team...
    when i talk of sPvP i am just talking about tournaments not hot-join. hot-join is meant to have people join and leave as they please by design: you do NOT have to alt-f4 to leave a hot-join match. it actually disturbs me that you think of hot-join as actual sPvP :/
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

when i talk of sPvP i am just talking about tournaments not hot-join. hot-join is meant to have people join and leave as they please by design: you do NOT have to alt-f4 to leave a hot-join match. it actually disturbs me that you think of hot-join as actual sPvP :/
    On offici forums sPvP= hot join and tPvP= tournies (they're two entirerly different beasts) since you're talking about tournies I 200% agree with you, as I'm pretty sure I already said in that post lol.

My guild chose to switch servers to get shorter WvW queues. It worked