Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Ulduar-Style Raid - Patch 5.2

Hey guys,

I've read somewhere here on the forum that with patch 5.2 there's comming a ulduar-style raid. Is there any more information about that raid? Could somebody please link me a bluepost on that subject? Would love to read more about that!

Also, what do you guys think of another Ulduar-like raid?

Thank you! =)

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a source as to who says there'll be a Ulduar-styled raid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Do you have a source as to who says there'll be a Ulduar-styled raid?
    Sorry, no, I just read it here in the forum.

I havent heard of this at all, but it would be awesome! Ulduar was my favourite raid, ever.

Define "Ulduar Style", because it could mean a lot of things. Personally, I haven't seen anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    Sorry, no, I just read it here in the forum.
    Don't believe all shit you read in forums.

See the irony?

ps. There is nothing official about 5.2 raid yet. Nothing datamined and not a single word in blue posts.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    I remember seeing a blue post with that exact phrase "Ulduar-style raid in 5.2", but I don't remember the date, nor the events that happened when this blue post appeared.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I see what he means there was a blue post if I remember correctly to do an ''epic raid'' just like uldaur so thus OP is thinking it will be an exactly uldaur type of raid so let me clarify this I believe that blue means like size and of how many are in that raid.

In short
    [ Big halls ]
    [ Lots and lots of sky ]
    [ Epic stuff ]
    [ Lots and lots of trash and more trash with general vezex trash x 10 ]
    [ More stuff here]

I believe it was in reference to the scale, not the design of the instance.

That is, it will have lots of bosses and feel like a big place.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 12:21 PM ----------

Just to add my speculation:

14 bosses
    Troll theme with mogu accent
    New 5 man to fit with it
    Underground labyrinth
    Pseudo-gods as bosses
    Nods toward N'zoth or Y'Shaaj (perhaps one of them being a hardmode only boss)
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Thank you for your answers! =) I like big raids more than two raids with like 5 and 6 bosses, but it would be even more awesome, if the raid will have special hardmodes + activations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember reading a blue response to a poster's query (which mentioned Ulduar being a great raid) stating something vaguely along the lines of:
    "If you liked Ulduar, you're going to like what we have in store for 5.2"

This might not necessarily suggest a raid thematically similar to Ulduar but perhaps alike to it in scope? We'll just have to wait and see.

My guess is it's something to do with trolls.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-11-30 at 12:31 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

I see a vehicle fight as 1st Boss, with the difficulty of Flame Leviathan+4Towers obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I see a vehicle fight as 1st Boss, with the difficulty of Flame Leviathan+4Towers obviously.
    Woefully underrated encounter, the only vehicle fight to memory that I thoroughly enjoyed.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Woefully underrated encounter, the only vehicle fight to memory that I thoroughly enjoyed.
    Ofc, mostly because this Encounter was very forgiving for casual raids.

Have some slackers in your raid? No problem, just put them into the Siege Engine Canoneer Seat.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Ofc, mostly because this Encounter was very forgiving for casual raids.

Have some slackers in your raid? No problem, just put them into the Siege Engine Canoneer Seat.
    4 towers wasn't a casual raid ._. /cries in a corner most horrid time ever

Vent: STOP GETTING FROZEN U BADS; K WHY is the pyrite falling off QUIT THAT STACK IT

Good memories

Deleted
    Would be fun to have a vehicle fight - but only as the first boss and with the awesome "+4towers hardmodes" =)

Vehicle fights have gotten a bad rep, yeah. I enjoy them quite a bit.

As for 5.2... Yeah, I've been getting the hints that it's an Ulduar-style raid. I hope so: I want a huge raid we can just sink time in to, to explore and enjoy. I like the T11/14 styles too, don't get me wrong, but we're long past due a truly huge and epic raid instance.

Anywhere between 12-16 bosses would be perfect, all in the same instance. Non-linear (or rather, Ulduar's level of non-linearity: some mandatory bosses, some optional ones; there's a progression path, but you have choice in some parts as to where you go and what you do), maybe with an optional heroic mode only boss, a la Algalon/Sinestra. Love those.

We should be getting info or teasers on just what 5.2 will be in the next month or so. Or well, expect something after Christmas I'd imagine.

They said something about ulduar style when referring to "ELITE" gear and its possible future. As of now protectors is a test. if successful they said that we would see more instances in 5.2 was what I remember of the post.

Lets see.

New raids:

http://www.icy-veins.com/images/mogu...conquerors.jpg

http://www.icy-veins.com/images/mogu...repository.jpg

http://www.icy-veins.com/images/mogu...he-endless.jpg

MSV - Totally linear and boring. Six halls with a few corridors to connect them.

http://www.icy-veins.com/images/heart-of-fear-map.jpg

http://www.icy-veins.com/images/hear...-the-voice.jpg

HoF - More corridors and nothing memorable.

No need for pictures its just a effing terace...

ToES - A terrace with 4 bosses crapped together. Bland and Boring.

Now compare this to:

http://doban-g.wdfiles.com/local--fi...lduar_map2.jpg

ULDUAR IS MASSIVE!!! The best instance. I used to say Black Temple is better, but Ulduar just grew on me. I did Herald of the titans on a 2nd char this summer just because Ulduar is amazing to do.

ALSO: This is where Ghostcrawler's argument about "wasting resources on raids" falls super flat. The raid doesn't expire after the next patch is released... Good raids like Uldaur, ICC, Black Temple and Karazhan keep people coming back for more even years after they have been released.

Blizzard needs to invest in Quality. The Mists raids are clearly designed for LFR. Simple and easy to faceroll. There are not wrong turns or sharp edges where people on Follow could get stuck...

I think it wil most likely be the island to the north of Townlong on the map and continue the Thunder King/Zandalar storyline. I guess the scale would be pretty similar to Ulduar if it encompasses the whole of that island, although the place holder copy of Mogu'shan Palace could be the raid too and the rest of the island more daily grind.

Then a daily patch for 5.3, Org raid in 5.4, then new expac.