Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    4 towers wasn't a casual raid ._. /cries in a corner most horrid time ever

Vent: STOP GETTING FROZEN U BADS; K WHY is the pyrite falling off QUIT THAT STACK IT

Good memories
    That's why you put decent players on the demolishers and slackers into the siege engine.

Demolisher Driver win the Encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    They said something about ulduar style when referring to "ELITE" gear and its possible future. As of now protectors is a test. if successful they said that we would see more instances in 5.2 was what I remember of the post.
    "Elite" protectors are such a joke. First 3 bosses ToES seem super under tuned compared to HoF.

I think what you're referring to is http://www.worldofmatticus.com/uldua...odes-are-back/ which was posted in the news just before MoP launched.

The "Ulduar style hard mode" they were referring to is the Protectors of the Endless fight being similar to the Iron Council, not a future raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I believe it was in reference to the scale, not the design of the instance.

That is, it will have lots of bosses and feel like a big place.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 12:21 PM ----------

Just to add my speculation:

Nods toward N'zoth or Y'Shaaj (perhaps one of them being a hardmode only boss)
    Would have to be N'zoth sir. Y'shaarj is already confirmed to have died. His dying breath was the main source of the Sha's power.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Blizzard needs to invest in Quality. The Mists raids are clearly designed for LFR. Simple and easy to faceroll. There are not wrong turns or sharp edges where people on Follow could get stuck...
    Quite ironic, if LFR Bosses need nerfs because their mechanics are too close to normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkavar View Post
    Would have to be N'zoth sir. Y'shaarj is already confirmed to have died. His dying breath was the main source of the Sha's power.
    Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about that annoying retcon. N'zoth then.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

If it's a troll raid it won't be nearly as cool as Ulduar. Part of Ulduar's appeal (to me, at least) is the old god tie ins, bosses, the lore/boss tie ins, etc. I realize this is ENTIRELY personal preference, but troll raids are boring and don't do anything for me. Yeah, I enjoyed ZG in Vanilla because it was something different but ZA felt like more of the same and when they came back as heroics I died a little inside. (Especially since it meant I'd never get the tiger mount, which was something I farmed forever despite hating everything about ZG by the time they changed it.)

Scale is important, but if it's a big raid with trolls and tons of trash I'll most likely just skip the whole tier. Hey, that's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Oh I see what he means there was a blue post if I remember correctly to do an ''epic raid'' just like uldaur so thus OP is thinking it will be an exactly uldaur type of raid so let me clarify this I believe that blue means like size and of how many are in that raid.

In short
    [ Big halls ]
    [ Lots and lots of sky ]
    [ Epic stuff ]
    [ Lots and lots of trash and more trash with general vezex trash x 10 ]
    [ More stuff here]
    don't forget some vehicles thrown in

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard would know by simply refreshing MMO-C that everyone wants an Ulduar-style raid back. I would welcome it, but I hope there can be those triggered hardmodes, like they went with the "Elite" encounter (I don't raid, can't remember the encounter name), but better. They know the community wants it, and it's been a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    I think it wil most likely be the island to the north of Townlong on the map and continue the Thunder King/Zandalar storyline. I guess the scale would be pretty similar to Ulduar if it encompasses the whole of that island, although the place holder copy of Mogu'shan Palace could be the raid too and the rest of the island more daily grind.

Then a daily patch for 5.3, Org raid in 5.4, then new expac.
    I have a feeling that there will be something else in there before the Org raid. Remember that they have to set up a rationale for the horde to depose their own leader. That includes the orcs, who right now (lore-wise) love Garrosh. Hell, even as bad a leader as Garrosh has been since he started this war, Baine and Vol'jin still won't cross him directly. They certainly are not happy with him, but something else needs to happen to push the horde into, effectively, civil war.

Given that 5.2 is supposed to be a large raid, I could see them leaving it in a little longer that normal (though hopefully not ICC/DS longer) and having 5.4 be setup for the Org raid. Or maybe 5.4 is something else entirely and 5.6 will be the Org raid.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    "Elite" protectors are such a joke. First 3 bosses ToES seem super under tuned compared to HoF.
    Except for the fact that you're talking about normal elite. Try Heroic elite, by far the most demanding fight this tier and probably ever at this point.

"I just read it on this forum" is like saying, Romney will win the election because my neighbor told me.

Deleted
    I remember someone from blizz said that they liked Karazhan and Ulduar and they would like to do more raids like that.. it was in QA I think

People have to remember that Blizzard can't just make up a raid like Ulduar in between patches. Ulduar was being worked on before Wotlk even came out, and they had all the more resources to do so because they threw out the crap launch tier of t7, which only had 3 new bosses (including Archavon). They obviously weren't thinking that hard about what they were going to do past Ulduar either, because we got what's considered the worst tier ever in t9.

Basically, the most popular raid was sandwiched between two of the worst tiers (which obviously required very little planning and development compared to most) and had months upon months of development time. I doubt we'll see anything on that level for 5.2's raid.

well actualy t14 contains a boss witch are kind of ulduar style if you pick to kill someone different you go into the elite fight we all know witch fight it is
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Back when MoP was in beta, Blizzard made a post detailing that the first tier of MoP would have a large number of bosses who had unlockable mechanics similar to Ulduar-style bosses. (the elite gear comes from these) This didn't mean we were getting a Titan raid, but rather we were getting a large number of bosses with unlockable fight mechanics.

We have achieved both at this point, move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    I think it wil most likely be the island to the north of Townlong on the map and continue the Thunder King/Zandalar storyline. I guess the scale would be pretty similar to Ulduar if it encompasses the whole of that island, although the place holder copy of Mogu'shan Palace could be the raid too and the rest of the island more daily grind.

Then a daily patch for 5.3, Org raid in 5.4, then new expac.
    There's a big possibility this expansion gets 4 tiers instead of 3 (It's being discussed).

If this is true, this just means they will have more elite style bosses.

The only thing I can assume in patch 5.2 that there will be is "even more daily".

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about that annoying retcon. N'zoth then.
    They didn't retcon anything about Y'Shaarj or the Old Gods in MoP.

P.S. I already know what you're going to claim is a retcon, and it's not. All that was previously stated before was that killing the Old Gods would destroy Azeroth. It was never said how they figured that fact out. Clearly the devastation wrought by Y'Shaarj's death is what made them realize that hey, maybe we should find a different way to deal with these guys.
    Last edited by nnelson54; 2012-12-01 at 07:14 AM.