what are the best professions for tank and healers in PVE?

for tanks: BS seems to be the best one. JC is flexible.engineer inscription,LW and mining can also be considered.

for healers: BS and tailor for the most spirit bonus.
    alchemy does not provide spirit or stamina any more, am i right?

almost all professions give the same bonuses why do people keep asking these questions?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    almost all professions give the same bonuses why do people keep asking these questions?
    Some are vastly more beneficial in some cases. Dps warriors will see a much larger gain from BS because gemming critical strike is boss and BS allows for an additional 640 critical strike rating, the only profession that can do so followed closely by JC. Frost dps DKs will see a larger benefit from engineering with the enchant linin up with PoF giving the gloves an additional 20% on each use.

Tanks seeking mastery will like BS for same reason as above. Seeking stamina LW pulls vastly ahead.

Healers, though, take any two of JC ench alch scribe BS tailoring.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

As a healer, if your stat priority favors Spirit over Intellect, Blacksmithing and Tailoring are by far the two best professions. Blacksmithing allows you to get a Spirit profession bonus instead of an INT one. It also gives you the Spirit at a 2:1 ratio to the INT (640 Spirit vs 320 INT). In comparison, the other two professions that have options for static Spirit (Alchemy and JC) only give you +320 Spirit. Therefore, BS is twice as good as either of them if you consider Spirit (or any other secondary stat) as your most important stat.

With Tailoring, the cloak enchant is worth an average of 750 Spirit at the cost of the regular 180 INT cloak enchant. If you value Spirit > Int, replacing the INT on the cloak enchant with Spirit is a positive (and the only way you can get that option), and the extra Spirit gained from the Darkglow proc is more than you would get from Jewelcrafting or Alchemy.

For most healers, here is the profession ranking.

1. Blacksmithing
    2. Tailoring
    3. Alchemy
    4. Jewelcrafting
    5. Enchanting
    5. Leatherworking
    5. Inscription
    8. Engineering
    9. Herbalism
    10. Skinning
    11. Mining

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    As a healer, if your stat priority favors Spirit over Intellect, Blacksmithing and Tailoring are by far the two best professions. Blacksmithing allows you to get a Spirit profession bonus instead of an INT one. It also gives you the Spirit at a 2:1 ratio to the INT (640 Spirit vs 320 INT). In comparison, the other two professions that have options for static Spirit (Alchemy and JC) only give you +320 Spirit. Therefore, BS is twice as good as either of them if you consider Spirit (or any other secondary stat) as your most important stat.

With Tailoring, the cloak enchant is worth an average of 750 Spirit at the cost of the regular 180 INT cloak enchant. If you value Spirit > Int, replacing the INT on the cloak enchant with Spirit is a positive (and the only way you can get that option), and the extra Spirit gained from the Darkglow proc is more than you would get from Jewelcrafting or Alchemy.

For most healers, here is the profession ranking.

1. Blacksmithing
    2. Tailoring
    3. Alchemy
    4. Jewelcrafting
    5. Enchanting
    5. Leatherworking
    5. Inscription
    8. Engineering
    9. Herbalism
    10. Skinning
    11. Mining
    does alchemy provide only 320 spirit?

Yes - Spirit flasks are only 1000 Spirit and INT flasks are 1000 INT, so Mixology only provides the 320 bonus for both stats making it only half as strong as BS.

for healers, it must be blacksmithing and for tank, I go for Engineer/LW.

why do you choose engineer instead of bs for a tank?

It's actually really stupid that some profs provide better bonuses then others. Blizz nerfed JC in WotLK to bring it in line with others. They didn't want players picking the prof which provided the best stats, rather pick the prof they wanted. Now you have BS much better then the rest in certain cases, and for healers, Tailoring blows away every other prof. LW also provides better stats in some cases.

Makes me wonder what happened the old logic (which made perfect sense) and why we have this new, very unbalanced, system in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

I would definitely go for mining for a tank, it's fire and forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    Yes - Spirit flasks are only 1000 Spirit and INT flasks are 1000 INT, so Mixology only provides the 320 bonus for both stats making it only half as strong as BS.
    That is incorrect fyi, if you have alchemy with mixology added in to the mix you get 1320 int from an int flask and 1480 spirit from a spirit flask, not 1320 for either.

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    I would definitely go for mining for a tank, it's fire and forget.
    Agreed. I have JC as my second but that is lack luster until blizzard looks at the JC only gems and makes them more attractive due to secondary stats being that much better now
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    That is incorrect fyi, if you have alchemy with mixology added in to the mix you get 1320 int from an int flask and 1480 spirit from a spirit flask, not 1320 for either.
    Just tested it on my alchemist, and you are right - it gives a bonus of 480 SPI (after taking off the 3% Human Spirit racial). I could have sworn that was not the case when I tested it on late beta -_-

At any rate, here is how I would weight profession bonuses for healers. This is based on my personal stat weighting, which is highly subjective for healers/can vary by class.

Spirit - 1.00
    Intellect - 0.75
    Crit - 0.45
    Mastery - 0.4
    Haste - 0.25

1. Blacksmithing (640) - 640 Spirit (2x320 Spirit extra gems) - Value - 620
    2. Tailoring - (620) 750 Spirit (3000 proc with 25% uptime) at the cost of a 180 INT cloak enchant. Value - 615
    3. Alchemy - (480) 480 Spirit from using Spirit flask - Value - 480
    4. Jewelcrafting - (320) Using 2x480 Spirit JC gems in place of 2x320 Spirit regular gems
    5. Enchanting (240) 2x160 INT ring enchants
    6. Inscription (240) Shoulder enchant is +240 INT over regular one
    7. Leatherworking (240) Wrist enchant is +240 INT over regular one
    8. Skinning (216) +480 Crit
    9. Engineering (168) Synapse strings is worth an average of +240 INT. Subtracting 30% of the stat value because of the undesirability of on use throughput buffs as opposed to static stat gains for healing
    10. Herbalism - (84) Worth an average of +480 haste. Reducing the value by 30% because of the lower value of on use throughput compared to static stat gains for healing
    11. Mining (0)

healers I would say tailoring and enchanting or JC!

i reckon tailoring and herbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    This is correct. However, since for many healers 1 intellect is worth roughly 2 spirit, a Spirit flask is worth about half that of an Intellect flask because of the base 1,000 being equal for both. Same for buff food, which is why healers should be fooding and flasking Intellect for both, anyway.

Deleted

900 spirit instead of 750

I can inform that tailoring provides a bonus of 900 spirit and NOT 750. This is because Darkglow Embroidery only have 50 sec ICD, which means that it provides 900 spirit instead of 750. The Int proc from tailoring still have a 60 sec ICD (Lightweave Embroidery) Maybe thats why you guys thought that the spirit had aswell.
    This makes Tailoring much more attractive. But as the gear gets better and you get much more spirit from your gear, this bonus gets weaker, because you are seeking to get more int instead of spirit.
    But in spite of that i have chosen BS and tailoring for my Resto druid. It provides alot more spirit, and i can always switch the 640 spirit bonus from BS to 320 int.
    Hope this helped.

In my opinion, Engineering is a great profession with so many gadgets (including Synapse strings)!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoneimal View Post
    why do you choose engineer instead of bs for a tank?
    I rerolled from Skinning to Engineering for Synapse Springs. Makes tank swaps easy against the most ridiculous Monk/Paladin.