Thread: IPL 5 - LoL

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

IPL 5 - LoL

So being relatively inexperienced with LoL, but a lover of the game none the less, I did a search and could not find a thread for the IPL 5 LoL tourney.

Watched about 5 of the games on the main stream last night some great match ups but my favorite by far was the CLG NA/Eu and watching froggen play a pretty damn flawless Lux. His ultis were so awesome think he stole like 4 blue buffs with them alone? made me wan't to play AP Lux for sure.

If there is a relevant thread please direct me to it i did search for IPL 5 but found nothing cept a qualifiers thread, if not discuss!

Check comments on what's happening here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...thread/page939

Just go a few pages back.

Deleted
    Goto leaguepedia and then search for IPL 5. Will get you alot of information and vods aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with a thread for ipl 5, but the main league of legends thread that rampant linked has a bunch of discussion already.

Good tournament so far. Curse.NA so impressive for me, really seem to be the top team in NA atm. The Akali pick is so good and I really think it is a better top then must of the current one's, but 2v1 lane does shut it down kind of hard. Also really disappointed with TSM, they seemed to what made them great in a few matchs, but just don't seem to have the mechanics.

Anyway great to see Curse.NA and Curse.EU really coming of age this tournament. Also Karma was picked!!! best tournament world.

Nice to see Fnatic back and playing well, they were really something fun to watch at the S1 championships tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, BB got stomped there. That Olaf play at level 2 was awesome

Perhaps not surprising though :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 12:51 AM ----------

Wow Fnatic are playing well, Xpeke proving his worth in yet another major tournament. I remember when he played TP Malz in S1, he sure does love that TP.

Deleted
    go fnatic, go europe, screw you asians!!

NA? Whats that??? =D

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pleasantly surprised that Fnatic took down TPA. Those were some excellent games!

Wow TSM vs azubu blaze, such a close game and it was even first game O.o

feels like dyirus needed to do more than supportive top though :/ like no damage from darius :/
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    Wow TSM vs azubu blaze, such a close game and it was even first game O.o

feels like dyirus needed to do more than supportive top though :/ like no damage from darius :/
    he did fine, it is darius afterall, you'll always have stupid amounts of damage.

regi lost that game by overextending, getting gripped way too much. he's too cocky. oddone could've ganked bot a bit more aswell, and tf farming like a boss was too devastating for them
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2012-12-01 at 03:22 AM.

Tsm vs blaze game one, game of the tournament so far for me. Team needed to help Dryus more though. But game 2, while a very good game I cannot understand how TSM got caught out that hard, it should be common knowledge to them how dangerous that position is with a Diana and another hard CC. I mean even the guys I play with know never to go as 5 in positions like that. It really was to be a mistake for a team like them to make. Anyway great to see how close they are to them now compared to a few months ago.

Also shame MP didnt push harder on M5, even though I understand why they wouldn't with a trist. Can't remember which team fight really destroyed them, but when ever you are that far forward with a Eve vs you, planting a pink ward behind you is near required.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just shocked with the loosers bracket.. All the top teams in my eyes are there, lol And ofcourse, as a big TSM fan, I'm sad to see them loose

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, that was a big stomping CLG.NA put on Fnatic, and PENTAKIRRRU #2 for Liftlift!
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, CLG.na and crs.na looked like completely new teams today. Idk what happened, but they are on a roll. That clg.na win was just dominating.

Before this tournament TSM would have to have been regarded as by far the best NA team, now at best you can say that Clg,Curse and them are joint top. And its not like TSM got worse, their games vs Blaze showed how close they were to even the best. Seems like EU and NA are coming closer to asians this tournament.

10+ Year Old Account
    69 minutes in the WE vs. CLG.EU match, but well deserved win for WE.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Yup, last fight was intense. Froggen had a perfect angle to get a Q hit on ezreal but he got shockwaved away, CLG probablly would have won if not for that clutch ult by misaya.