Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Saw this post on the forums

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...82667?page=1#7

I kinda agree with them.

Mages and warlocks damage is insane right now and warriors (and other melee) are royally fucked.

With the nerf to avatar a warrior is literally sitting in roots all day, the CD on dispels causes this too.
    Last edited by Teokis; 2012-11-29 at 04:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea because warriors never plays with shamans or palas.... So much rooted. Avatar nerf was nescessary

Edit: The poster of that thread got to be an idiot. "but you don't even touch frost mages". Loled so hard when i saw that. Mages got way more fucked then warriors in 5.1

List of mage nerfs:

- Ring of Frost now has a 45 second cooldown, up from 30 seconds.

- The duration of Deep Freeze has been reduced to 4 seconds.

- Frost Bomb will now detonate after 6 seconds, up from 5 seconds).

- Mage Armor now reduces the duration of harmful Magic effects by 25%, down from 35%.

- The damage absorbed by Ice Barrier has been reduced by 25%.

- The mana cost of Spellsteal has been increased to 21% of base mana for Fire and Frost mages, up from 7%.

"No nerfs at all". Lol. What did Warriors get? A nerf to a 3 min godmode avatar and a stupid blanket silence?

Oh, and yea. Im playing Boomkin, so im seeing this from a different point of view then you who most likely plays a warrior.
    Last edited by Machomaije; 2012-11-29 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Yea because warriors never plays with shamans or palas.... So much rooted. Avatar nerf was nescessary

Edit: The poster of that thread got to be an idiot. "but you don't even touch frost mages". Loled so hard when i saw that. Mages got way more fucked then warriors in 5.1

List of mage nerfs:

- Ring of Frost now has a 45 second cooldown, up from 30 seconds.

- The duration of Deep Freeze has been reduced to 4 seconds.

- Frost Bomb will now detonate after 6 seconds, up from 5 seconds).

- Mage Armor now reduces the duration of harmful Magic effects by 25%, down from 35%.

- The damage absorbed by Ice Barrier has been reduced by 25%.

- The mana cost of Spellsteal has been increased to 21% of base mana for Fire and Frost mages, up from 7%.

"No nerfs at all". Lol. What did Warriors get? A nerf to a 3 min godmode avatar and a stupid blanket silence?

Oh, and yea. Im playing Boomkin, so im seeing this from a different point of view then you who most likely plays a warrior.

To be fair, the Warrior nerfs did make them significantly more vulnerable to mages. The loss of a 20 second freedom and a blanket silence is pretty huge against a class that's all about slows, disables, and casting.

Not to say that they were unwarranted, Warriors were insane. Mages are too. Both got toned down. However, I think that Mages needed to have Frost Bomb adjusted while Warriors needed to have cooldown stacking adjusted (the Avatar nerf was a step in the right direction.)

I'm not going to be attacking or addressing anyone's biases right now, I just wanted to throw my opinion out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resil will fix it... no literally.. it SHOULD actually fix the heavy burst problems in PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Resil will fix it... no literally.. it SHOULD actually fix the heavy burst problems in PvP.
    Don't worry, pvp power will fuck it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I wished.

With the average crit of a Chaos Bolt on the BGs is 164k, no heals can keep a person up with that type of burst. Healers are HoTTing, shielding and forced to reforge heavily in mastery for even more shields, and still massive burst damage.

This is the worst damage I've seen yet on the BGs and I've seen it all. Warlocks 3 shotting players (a freaking DoT class even). Had a Warrior on a BG with upgraded CP gear go down just like anyone else. If even the upgraded CP gear isn't helping Warlocks are seriously too bursty...insanely so.

And thanks NOT Blizz for the nerf in PvP damage healers had. Adding pressure in clutch situations was a reason FOR Denounce. 27k is like hitting someone with a wet noodle as even pure DPS classes can out heal it.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I've been watching high rated streams since yesterday. Mages are still dying to melee (warrior) teams. You would think that with the avatar nerf, warriors are a lot less scary, but I assure you in reality it is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I wished.

With the average crit of a Chaos Bolt on the BGs is 164k, no heals can keep a person up with that type of burst. Healers are HoTTing, shielding and forced to reforge heavily in mastery for even more shields, and still massive burst damage.

This is the worst damage I've seen yet on the BGs and I've seen it all. Warlocks 3 shotting players (a freaking DoT class even). Had a Warrior on a BG with upgraded CP gear go down just like anyone else. If even the upgraded CP gear isn't helping Warlocks are seriously too bursty...insanely so.

And thanks NOT Blizz for the nerf in PvP damage healers had. Adding pressure in clutch situations was a reason FOR Denounce. 27k is like hitting someone with a wet noodle as even pure DPS classes can out heal it.
    You're talking about chaos bolt as if a warlock should ever be able to land one. Warlocks arent bursty, destro isnt a "DoT class" and hasnt been ... oh I dont know.. ever?

healers arent forced to reforge mastery for more shields, they choose to reforge mastery because its bonus to healing per point is better than crit, and haste's bonus is counterbalanced by increased mana consumption.

Warriors could just about one shot someone with a single ability that has no cast time, and you're complaining about warlocks 3-shotting someone with absurdly long casts... interesting.

Healers were doing too much damage, denounce still adds pressure, no dps class can passively outheal 27k hits and if you're forcing them to heal themselves, they arent doing damage now are they? It has its purpose, it just isnt OP anymore.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    I've been watching high rated streams since yesterday. Mages are still dying to melee (warrior) teams. You would think that with the avatar nerf, warriors are a lot less scary, but I assure you in reality it is not the case.
    Mages are laughably easy for a feral to kill, warriors just cry because they can't solo a mage in the first 5 seconds anymore.. good thing pvp isnt about soloing

in b4 mages come here and pretend it takes skill and build up to 1 shot people in a deep.
    oh wait !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    in b4 mages come here and pretend it takes skill and build up to 1 shot people in a deep.
    oh wait !

The only class that has ever oneshot anyone so far in arenas is a warrior with TFB-stacks.
    No other classes has done this. Feel free to prove me wrong.

I wished.

Wow... you... just.... wow...

Soooo, got any truthful stories to tell? No one is interested in hearing exaggerations about bad players getting killed by warlocks.

Also, Holy is a DpS spec now? Far be it for me to tell you how to play the skillful "herpderp I backpeddle and heal 80% in 2 instant casts umad?" Holy Paladin but isn't the bigger attraction of denounce its ability to prevent the enemy from critting? Like, omg that warlock has popped all his CD's blates gonna 3 shot a full upgraded conq war_ no I can't even bring myself to repeat that, he's blates gonna pop a mega chaos bolt erm.. denounce... trololol all your CD's for a 'totally badass' 80k hit...

EDIT: Learn how to play WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    he's blates gonna pop a mega chaos bolt erm.. denounce... trololol all your CD's for a 'totally badass' 80k hit...

EDIT: Learn how to play WoW.
    You don't do that in arena. Because you can't. I'd know, I play paladin - hardly anyone plays destro when demo is obviously way better, first off, second off you can't denounce someone's burst unless they're shit; you're either cc'd or forced to heal, you're not gonna stand there and cast it for like 2 seconds in a high-rated arena setting. At least not in 3's. Getting 3 shot by a warlock is absolutely feasible. I didn't take a screenshot because honestly I was too disgusted at the time to even have the ability to remember to do so, but I did get crit for 225k chaos wave recently. Two games in a row. Then I stopped doing 3's and we all refuse to even be serious about PvP until demo gets fixed. If you have a way for me to denounce a warlock when I'm pet-stunned and/or feared into two 100-200k chaos waves leap let me know, I'm sure many other paladins would also be interested in knowing.

I realize it's unlikely a lock will crit because they have like 5% but that's 5% too much, one would think it was obvious enough what needs fixing and what doesn't judging by the tournament they recently had in China where literally all that happened was a bunch of warlocks popping every CD and getting a 3 player-team down to 30% all together and then a shaman popping ascendance and SLT to counter it and get their health back up. Until the warlocks had CDs again and repeat the exact same procedure until they either get lucky and one of the waves crits and kill everyone or until a warrior, mage or SP got lucky with procs/etc. and blew something up randomly.

Everything there is to the game right now in a 3v3 setting is you pop offensive CDs and the opponents pop big defensives which may or may not have a longer CD than the ones you just used to survive it. Sometimes they do survive, sometimes they don't. Then you repeat this until one of the teams eventually get a kill somehow. It's a really poor design and honestly upsets me quite a lot seeing as the pace of the game outside of retarded damage cooldowns is actually very enjoyable. This isn't just to do with locks, warrior cooldowns are still overkill even with the TFB/avatar nerfs, mages will likely still do too much damage with frost bomb bursts (here's hoping they may go oom with the spellsteal nerf, though, I'd been asking for something like this for years and it finally happened, it almost makes me want to play the game) but they're both very easy to counter when compared to a demo warlock, which surprisingly enough did not get nerfed at all. Not saying it's impossible to counter it, it's easy enough to dispel demon soul and instead of getting crit for 230k you get crit for 180k or what have you but that's still a ridiculous number and realistically, in high rated matches where both teams know exactly what they're doing, if one of the teams pops their CDs when they know they can get counter (eg. dispelled, cc'd, etc.) then they've made a huge mistake and deserve to lose.

Deleted
    The thread got deleted and the posters propably got permanent banned, would be nice if someone copy paste saved it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    when compared to a demo warlock, which surprisingly enough did not get nerfed at all
    Didnt read the patch notes did you?

Warlock auras are as of now pretty much a no go. But i guess thats not a nerf in someones eyes who is determined to shit over any class but his own

10+ Year Old Account
    I wished.

So a warlock critting 164k, after a 3sec cast, which is nerfed now, is what you consider bursty and impossible for a healer to keep up?
    Also, warlocks don't hit much higher then 27k besides chaosbolt, shadowburn and conflagrate, spells with a cooldown or an embercost that aren't spammable.

You don't do that in arena. Because you can't. I'd know, I play paladin - hardly anyone plays destro when demo is obviously way better, first off, second off you can't denounce someone's burst unless they're shit; you're either cc'd or forced to heal, you're not gonna stand there and cast it for like 2 seconds in a high-rated arena setting. At least not in 3's. Getting 3 shot by a warlock is absolutely feasible. I didn't take a screenshot because honestly I was too disgusted at the time to even have the ability to remember to do so, but I did get crit for 225k chaos wave recently. Two games in a row. Then I stopped doing 3's and we all refuse to even be serious about PvP until demo gets fixed. If you have a way for me to denounce a warlock when I'm pet-stunned and/or feared into two 100-200k chaos waves leap let me know, I'm sure many other paladins would also be interested in knowing.

I realize it's unlikely a lock will crit because they have like 5% but that's 5% too much, one would think it was obvious enough what needs fixing and what doesn't judging by the tournament they recently had in China where literally all that happened was a bunch of warlocks popping every CD and getting a 3 player-team down to 30% all together and then a shaman popping ascendance and SLT to counter it and get their health back up. Until the warlocks had CDs again and repeat the exact same procedure until they either get lucky and one of the waves crits and kill everyone or until a warrior, mage or SP got lucky with procs/etc. and blew something up randomly.
    The chances a warlock will 2shot you with 2 big chaoswaves crits is like 1% every 2min, not to mention that if you LoS the warlock before the chaoswave lands, it will do no damage and you have plenty of time to use a defensive cooldown since it takes about 2 seconds to land.

About the BWC, demonology is an aoe class, so it's perfectly fine that with full cooldowns, using their strongest spell, they deal a crapton of aoe damage.
    It's the same about complaining that a whole team gets low because they stacked on a warrior with all cooldowns using bladestorm.

To be fair:
    1) Chaos Bolt got royaly nerfed this patch
    2) How can you let a lock cast it?
    3) New Chaos Bolt mini dot screw multi CB cast AND is dispellable
    4) Destro locks are supa bad as casting = bad*
    5) Warriors are so OP that it feels back like S5. You honestly don't even have the right to complain about any class imo (even godmages)

*: against players with half a brain

Deleted
    Lol looked at the top arena ladder again and seems that Blizzard still epicly fails. Kalgan come back i miss you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Didnt read the patch notes did you?

Warlock auras are as of now pretty much a no go. But i guess thats not a nerf in someones eyes who is determined to shit over any class but his own
    So I guess applying an undispellable 25% CoT + 20% physical damage reduced on everyone in the opposing team was fine with you. As is getting several people (or just the 1, if your team's good enough you won't really get AoE'd) down to like 30% with chaos waves. I don't really understand how nerfing mage damage, warrior cooldown stacking and demo warlock burst and how often it is available to them qualifies as shitting over any class but mine, resto shamans I hope have been nerfed sufficiently already with the totem change, although I still think they should tune down their mastery as well. I can give you plenty of classes that are undertuned (elemental shamans, ret paladins, rogues, moonkins, monks, disc priests etc) as well as balanced ones (UA locks, resto druids, hunters, holy paladins, ferals, SPs post-PvP power nerf and DKs), I just don't see the point in mentioning that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    The chances a warlock will 2shot you with 2 big chaoswaves crits is like 1% every 2min, not to mention that if you LoS the warlock before the chaoswave lands, it will do no damage and you have plenty of time to use a defensive cooldown since it takes about 2 seconds to land.

About the BWC, demonology is an aoe class, so it's perfectly fine that with full cooldowns, using their strongest spell, they deal a crapton of aoe damage.
    It's the same about complaining that a whole team gets low because they stacked on a warrior with all cooldowns using bladestorm.
    That's 1% too much. People complained (and rightfully so) until TFB got nerfed even though the chance to get 5 stacks at the start of a game (ie. getting 5 procs in a row) was literally .25% yet warlocks having the same but AoE is fine because "demo is an AoE class" and it's easily LoSable/avoidable? You're not playing arenas on your own, you have other shit on you on top of the warlock's CDs, such as a deep you can be caught in without a trinket, a slow to prevent you from going LoS fast enough, a fuckton of things. It's fine though I'll just get my warrior to safeguard me. Oh hang on he can't, else he's gonna get 2 shot alongside me when the warlock starts waving, as has already happened before.

I don't want to sound like a prick or that I'm picking on warlocks only, it's just very frustrating when something is clearly so out of control that even multi-rank 1 warlocks are disgusted to play their own class and it still doesn't get hotfixed or fixed during a major patch.

Your last argument is moot seeing as bladestorm is the one talent you'll never, ever pick. Even if they did take it, it still wouldn't be a suitable comparison since the waves hit after 2 seconds, as you said, and BS damage comes gradually over 6 seconds.

Deleted
    WoT
    I simply bolded the part where you said locks got NO nerfs at all which was an obvious lie. The rest is not what im talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess applying an undispellable 25% CoT + 20% physical damage reduced on everyone in the opposing team was fine with you.

While dark soul was dispellable, yes. Besides the avoidable 2min burst demonology and the frequent unpowered chaoswaves, demonology had close to no damage so yes, having the auras was fine.
    Besides, if we didn't have aura, we'd just place it manually on every target that deserves it.
    Also FYI, darksoul is a +90% increased damage in meta, if you managed to dispel it before the chaoswaves landed, a lot of the damage would be reduced.

As is getting several people (or just the 1, if your team's good enough you won't really get AoE'd) down to like 30% with chaos waves. I don't really understand how nerfing mage damage, warrior cooldown stacking and demo warlock burst and how often it is available to them qualifies as shitting over any class but mine

Like I said, it's an aoe class and you shouldn't stack up when they burst. It's the same as standing in a warrior lolstorming or roaring with cooldowns or having a firemage spread combustion without dispelling. If you stack up against a demonology warlock when he has his cooldowns available, you deserve to take a massive hit.

,resto shamans I hope have been nerfed sufficiently already with the totem change, although I still think they should tune down their mastery as well. I can give you plenty of classes that are undertuned (elemental shamans, ret paladins, rogues, moonkins, monks, disc priests etc) as well as balanced ones (UA locks, resto druids, hunters, holy paladins, ferals, SPs post-PvP power nerf and DKs), I just don't see the point in mentioning that here.

That's 1% too much. People complained (and rightfully so) until TFB got nerfed even though the chance to get 5 stacks at the start of a game (ie. getting 5 procs in a row) was literally .25% yet warlocks having the same but AoE is fine because "demo is an AoE class" and it's easily LoSable/avoidable? You're not playing arenas on your own, you have other shit on you on top of the warlock's CDs, such as a deep you can be caught in without a trinket, a slow to prevent you from going LoS fast enough, a fuckton of things. It's fine though I'll just get my warrior to safeguard me. Oh hang on he can't, else he's gonna get 2 shot alongside me when the warlock starts waving, as has already happened before.

Like you said, you don't play alone. One of your partners could have get rid of dark soul, dispelled you, using a cooldown to safe your ass, etc.
    Not to mention, 3 stacks of TFB will still kill you pretty much instantly and unlike chaoswave, you can't avoid the damage.

I don't want to sound like a prick or that I'm picking on warlocks only, it's just very frustrating when something is clearly so out of control that even multi-rank 1 warlocks are disgusted to play their own class and it still doesn't get hotfixed or fixed during a major patch.

So, what multi-glads are we talking about?
    I'm not finding my warlock disgusting so really, what multi-glad warlocks are we talking about?

Your last argument is moot seeing as bladestorm is the one talent you'll never, ever pick. Even if they did take it, it still wouldn't be a suitable comparison since the waves hit after 2 seconds, as you said, and BS damage comes gradually over 6 seconds.

It was just an example to say it is stupid to stack up against someone doing big aoe with cooldowns up /sigh
    10char.....