Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    Moonkins are very very powerful in WotE. And that's why you can't say: OMG I'M ONE OF THE TOP ON DPS!
    On Elegon, WotE I'm always the first on DPS, but on other bosses it's hard to be first. MSV is still very fine for moonkins, but on HoF it's harder to play as a moonkin.
    Camo, I'd like to see you fighting Blade Lord as moonkin and say how's moonkin?
    http,//www,youtube,com/watch?v=GQ_yVaKuh-E&feature=plcp

from my first kill on bladelord heroic. As you can see were obviously not top on singletarget, but its really not that bad either. our singletarget dps improved alot overall since DS etc where we were buttom in the start, now were just average in reality.

We also provide alot of things to the raid like symbiosis, tranq and other unique abilities, which makes up for our lower dps on singletarget than a mage/warlock/rogue etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uLotUu View Post
    Our mechanic works against each other:
    - DoTs needs to be eclipsed and NGs so we can't refresh our dots like other classes (watching trinket procs and external buffs)
    - We need to stay in eclipse to aoe, however we cannot stay in eclipse for single target dmg - aoe is crippling single target.
    - We have both single target eclipse (lunar) and aoe eclipse (solar) however we have to use both no matter if its an aoe (spaming hurricane will drain mana super fast) or single target (wrath hits like a little girl).
    - We can now channel our energy out of combat, however the best way is to stay out of eclipse and start a fight with a cast. This is mostly harm for pvp, couse noone wants to start a fight casting a nuke (when we could cast cc but doing so we will stay out of eclipse so our dots will stay week).
    - we have to keep our dots as strong as possible, however when we have to move, we are forced to spam the dot (or do nothing). Doing so often replaces our stronger version of that dot (mostly due to Nature's Grace falling off).
    - We have a shooting star procs which is procing often in multidot situation. However using it to often puts us out of eclipse and therefore crippling our multi dot dmg.
    - We need to pop cd ASAP but if the timing goes south, we may have up to 30+ sec delay on cds.
    I gues this sums it all up pretty. It's all seems ok on the outside, however, for those of us who really enjoy pushing your spec to the max there is this ichy feeling underneath that something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by uLotUu View Post
    Our mechanic works against each other:
    - DoTs needs to be eclipsed and NGs so we can't refresh our dots like other classes (watching trinket procs and external buffs)
    - We need to stay in eclipse to aoe, however we cannot stay in eclipse for single target dmg - aoe is crippling single target.
    - We have both single target eclipse (lunar) and aoe eclipse (solar) however we have to use both no matter if its an aoe (spaming hurricane will drain mana super fast) or single target (wrath hits like a little girl).
    - We can now channel our energy out of combat, however the best way is to stay out of eclipse and start a fight with a cast. This is mostly harm for pvp, couse noone wants to start a fight casting a nuke (when we could cast cc but doing so we will stay out of eclipse so our dots will stay week).
    - we have to keep our dots as strong as possible, however when we have to move, we are forced to spam the dot (or do nothing). Doing so often replaces our stronger version of that dot (mostly due to Nature's Grace falling off).
    - We have a shooting star procs which is procing often in multidot situation. However using it to often puts us out of eclipse and therefore crippling our multi dot dmg.
    - We need to pop cd ASAP but if the timing goes south, we may have up to 30+ sec delay on cds.
    ...and still we do pretty well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camo View Post
    I cant see why people moan

Im a resto druid, but last night, i changed to boomkin for WOTE heroic so i could multi dot, it worked out that with dotting the bosses and adds 24/7 and utilising cooldowns and ss procs constantly, i was 2nd in dps, behind the shadowpriest who actually had dps trinkets and shizz like that.

Balance is great, you just dont know how to play. its been the same moan since WOTLK, yet in wotlk, i was competitive.

Face it, your never gunna be as good a dps as a warlock, or a mage, but lets not forget, you are a hybrid class that brings amazing utility to the raid, as well as the appeal of being able to pop that vital HOTW+Tranquility, or whatever the hell you are gonna use.

So to mods, can u just shut these pointless QQ topics down from now on, cause the answers are all the same, were not the best class, but we are friggen useful in raids

SHUT UP
    Thanks for the imput - not. Playing a spec once in a blue moon doesn't give you the basics to claim if the spec works properly. It's not about balance being able to pull off numbers but the obvious (at least for anyone who put some time into understanding the spec) issues with it (previous quoted post shows them perfectly).

Also, in WotLK balance had similar issues (not technically but with similar outcome) - our dps was 100% RNG based and heavily influenced by movement. No matter the skill or knowledge, you could do nothing if eclipse procced when you HAD TO move or due to some fight mechanic could not dps.

And seriously, hybrid argument? Really? Hybrid idea was the biggest mistake of WoW and had absolutly no chance to work the way it was designed pre WotLK. Wotlk design started the long way to make hybrid class dps specs do be on par with pure class dps specs which is the most logical class balance design. Don't even get me started in how many aspects the idea of dps spec doing less dps by default because "they bring utility" is wrong. Not to mention that currently all specs - hybrid and pure - bring some kind of utility.

Go back to you main spec and stop writing crap about stuff you obviously have no idea about.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    I know you're an amazing player, but it would be nice if you explained yourself rather than just saying he's wrong.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130963-...hanics_t14/p7/ this should shine a light. General concept is that in most cases multidotting just for SS procs on main target isn't an obvious gain and in many cases it can be a lost. It boost you on the meter but doesn't really increase your dps on the main dps target.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Babytaco View Post
    Let me clear some things up. My guild raids very slowly and I am now falling behind in gear and progression... My rankings from current content are all pretty much falling off because I haven't seen much raiding content or gear lately. This is why I said "I've" - past tense. (Was top 100 for every fight in MSV when it was more current.) Ranking on heroic isn't difficult either.
    ... and then I got an arrow to the knee :P

I progress thru 25man heroic bosses and I also rank on them (on those that I am free to dps and not take care off some job that messes that up or where logs are messed up due to phasing). But that doesn't change the fact that difficulty of our dps doesn't lie in rotation itself which in theory is a piece of cake but how our spec mechanic is vulnerable to various distraction with mostly movement which by default occurs much more in 25 mans due to very limited space (you know, other people that you should not stand next to) in all fights that do include heavy movement. I really don't want to throw around the 10 mans are easier argument here mostly because I don't raid them (and I know they need to overcome some other obsticles that 25 man might not have to) but I just can't go by the fact the that biggest issue of moonkin dps which is trying to possition yourself in order to absolutly minimize movement (or at least be able to plan it perfectly with DoTs) is much less of an issue in 10 man environment. It was the case in any 10 man content I have played in the past and I really doubt it has changed. Plus I do know that the only real AoE fight in this content exists ONLY in 25 man because the way Windlord plays in 10 man, it prefers multidot over pure AoE which on the other hand is superior on 25 man (based on logs).

After how you are acting I'm starting to think that in 10 mans the only skill in moonkin dps is knowing how to dps a dummy which isn't that hard indeed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrations View Post
    http,//www,youtube,com/watch?v=GQ_yVaKuh-E&feature=plcp

from my first kill on bladelord heroic. As you can see were obviously not top on singletarget, but its really not that bad either. our singletarget dps improved alot overall since DS etc where we were buttom in the start, now were just average in reality.
    I see you didn't bother much about making your healers life easier and not have double DoT ^^

Tbh, I could screw everyone else and just think "I am dpsing - I'm not moving unless it's comfortable for my dps" but then again I don't feel good with this kind approach and what kinda makes me sad is that the way our dps is designed right now I can be either a team player (which I prefer) or do dps. It's always a dilema of moving less and causing raid to take more dmg or keep up with your rotation. It's also use CDs when it's mostly needed for the raid (some burn phase) or when it's more convienient for my dps in general.

Disclaimer: I don't say you are not a team player :P - it is simply how I feel about it in my raids. I would really love if movement hurt us less.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    ...and still we do pretty well
    sometimes ... but it's either RNG or at the cost of not fully following your guilds tactics... (or someone is a lucky owl and their guild makes their tactics with moonkin dps mechanics in mind :P )
    Last edited by Lilija; 2012-12-04 at 02:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have transitioned from being upset with a spec to people complaining about people complaining. If you need specific help with a dps issue or want to discuss ways to overcome certain mechanics, please feel free to repost.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre