Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yvaelle, you're one smart Canadian

Bringing back DAA seems to be a very popular idea amongst players, but it does have the possibility of making an already powerful class in PvP even more powerful. Number tweaking as mentioned previously is the safest solution, but it's too early to say if the developers think we absolutely need to have the burst cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    Yvaelle, you're one smart Canadian
    <3!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon
    Bringing back DAA seems to be a very popular idea amongst players, but it does have the possibility of making an already powerful class in PvP even more powerful. Number tweaking as mentioned previously is the safest solution, but it's too early to say if the developers think we absolutely need to have the burst cooldown.
    The players I think just want to have their wings back, we lost our wings Everyone likes having wings, to lose them is sad (so, the players I think are concerned about the visual here) - the glyph of course helps, but we could wings on demand before not for 8 seconds during combat. Bringing back DAA to pvp wouldn't be nearly what it used to be - before Mind Blast was our finisher, and now its a combo builder - so before it increased our GCD burst by 25%, and now it's all about DP/Halo for burst.

Because of that, I think it would make everyone happy to bring the graphic back, but give it a new mechanic entirely.

The risk of making us too good in pvp isn't really too serious I don't think. In high end PvP Shadow is amazing utility (mass dispels, healing, clutch game changing moves like Leap of Faith, Void Shift, Vampiric Embrace) - but we aren't Really there for damage or burst anymore (during WotLK and Cata, we were there for damage/burst largely).

That means that the comps we really excel in PvP practically Require a frost mage to babysit us - quite literally our only real Gladiator+ capable comp right now (and before the hybrid healing nerf, which hit us hard) is Shadow/Fmage/Resto (sham or druid): combined they make up something like 95% of Shadow Gladiator-contenders this season last I checked (a couple weeks ago before I left). Very little comp diversity, and Fmages have been getting chain-nerfed since 5.1 (with reason): which will really hurt our only comp.

Making us a little burstier might keep us relevant, because every pvp fmage nerf you read is effectively a Shadow nerf this season for all serious pvp spriests - our fate is tied to theirs, until death do us part (or rogues return, and RPS makes a comeback - which hopefully happens in 5.2!)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I I think we should all assume that the hybrid tax does not exist (as Blizzard has said it doesn't)
    When most of the healer-capable hybrids are the lowest performing specs on Simcraft, hybrid tax does indeed exist, whether Blizzard admits it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    When most of the healer-capable hybrids are the lowest performing specs on Simcraft, hybrid tax does indeed exist, whether Blizzard admits it or not.
    The hybrid tax does exists and blizzard is choosing to ignore it. They're quoted saying that they want pures to do more dps to preserve they're popularity in PvE, due to lack of utility.

So we're faced to deal with our utility as a hybrid tax, except now blizzard effectively telling us to deal with it. It's now a hidden tax. It's not like every 25m will consists of just pallies, priests Druids and shammies with one lock and one mage.

Quote Originally Posted by problydrunk View Post
    The hybrid tax does exists and blizzard is choosing to ignore it.
    Agreed, saying anything different is just being oblivious to what's in front of their face.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

+damage cooldowns are probably the easiest way to fix the class's single target without breaking PVP, because they can just add 'less effective against players' to the tooltip and have its effectiveness reduced by 90% (or whatever amount is required) in BGs and arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    +damage cooldowns are probably the easiest way to fix the class's single target without breaking PVP, because they can just add 'less effective against players' to the tooltip and have its effectiveness reduced by 90% (or whatever amount is required) in BGs and arena.
    Logical ideas for Priests typically don't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by problydrunk View Post
    The hybrid tax does exists and blizzard is choosing to ignore it. They're quoted saying that they want pures to do more dps to preserve they're popularity in PvE, due to lack of utility.

So we're faced to deal with our utility as a hybrid tax, except now blizzard effectively telling us to deal with it. It's now a hidden tax. It's not like every 25m will consists of just pallies, priests Druids and shammies with one lock and one mage.
    Where was the Hybrid tax when SPs were owning face in FL and DS then?

There are no Hybrid tax, just bad class balance, Sps need a slight single target buff but blamming hybrid tax nowadays its idiotic

While it might seem 'logical', Blizzard really tries to use that as last resort. They stated they don't want abilities do behave differently in PvP and PvE, so I really doubt they would opt for such a fix...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post

There are no Hybrid tax, just bad class balance, Sps need a slight single target buff but blamming hybrid tax nowadays its idiotic
    There is one, even if blizzard refuses to admit it. We have one of the best healing raid CDs out of any class and it scales with our dps, which is insane.

Also during fl/ds shadow was one of the strongest casters and we had no raid cd.
    Last edited by Drye; 2012-12-26 at 10:05 PM.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post

You're right. What was I thinking? We did have L90 talents and GoDB back in Cata. The new flavor of hybrid tax, given the current spec system, taste alike like 20% less capable single target dps while doing half effective healing of a dedicated healer. You can't claim class balance if our lowef dps is offset by mid-fight utility, that's a hybrid tax.
    Last edited by problydrunk; 2012-12-26 at 07:39 PM.

during FL and DS we had divine hymn, which was a very legit heal. used it a lot in DS progression except for maybe ultraxion.

also, if you specced for it you could get no cooldown PWS as shadow. was amazing for 10 mans, especially if you were the only priest.

Deleted
    We call it hybrid tax because thats what it used to be, no longer in existence since tlk. Now we have about 20k dps lower than the current best single target dps, and every one seems to say "its because you bring utility"(which we don't really) hence the hybrid tax.
    Drye, we had way more utility back then, but the main "problem" was SP was excelent in multi doting and bit crappy in single target, they made us very good on single target/burst scenarios with our 4p in t13, but on FL we were kinda crappy on Baleroc. But thats not really the issue, what I am afraid blizz might do (and im pretty sure its what they are gona do) is fix our dps with our set bonuses. Its the easiest way for them to bring us on par in pve w/o touching pvp. But its a very stupid thing to do especially when the next tier won't be the last, so it will be at best a temporary solution.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mindflay on the run would be epic beyond belief. I would return to my priest and melt faces.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Mindflay on the run would be epic beyond belief. I would return to my priest and melt faces.
    I made a thread about it before checking it here, but i think this would be a welcome change. No one likes to stand still and do horrible damage, so why not make it a little bit more usefull and do horrible damage on the run >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    As "FUN" as it would be to flay on the move, it would not close the dps gap on single target fights, we need dmg buffs or a cd as it has been said in this thread a bunch of times.
    Sig by Safhira