Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[MW] Happy with 5.1?

Is anyone else as happy with 5.1 as I am? I'm in a 10m raiding guild so the RnM nerf didn't hit me as hard, but I seem to have BETTER mana regen overall with the crit effect now. My only gripe is that the reforging sites haven't seem to taken the changes into effect quite yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I've only done some 5mans and LFR so far, but the changes seem ok. Chi generation with soothing mists feels pretty solid (though obviously still not as reliable as jab). The double mana tea procs are awesome, I feel like even with the increased mana cost for heals that mana is even less of an issue than before. Tank healing feels smoother, I feel like I can generate enough chi to cast EM on a regular basis. The ReM nerf was *very* noticeable in LFR but I was still able to put out decent healing. Will have to see how it feels in 10man later this week.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Honestly? I only really heal LFR at this point, it's my alt, so other than a drastic drop in meter-domination, it's pretty much the same only less exciting. The one thing I do kind of like is how cheap Soothing Mists is now and how amazing Ascension is. I wish they'd given us another single-target heal or serious tank cooldown (a damage reduction buff or something that only causes the secondary effects of Life Cocoon.) The change to Mana Tea stacks (the crit thing) is neglible to the point of being forgettable for me. I never have mana issues if I don't reforge off of spirit. I always had at least 2 stacks when the 10s CD comes off.

Otherwise, same class more fistweaving for less spirit and ranged raid healing is actually viable for those with minimal experience.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I'm having a really hard time with some of these changes. I feel like mistweaver has always been missing a decent group heal that doesn't require ramp up/isn't random. I am definitely feeling this more than ever with the renewing mists changes in 25 man. Being able to hit a new haste cap is hard to get used to as well, and I feel like renewing mist is healing each individual for more now but far far fewer people. I have not gotten nearly as much use out of uplift. I want Chi Burst to be SMART! and only heal X amount of people!

The mana changes are great, and the chi generation on soothing mist is pretty great as well. Much more reliable! I am also loving the flexibility of ascension.

I feel like with the changes to ReM, the nerfs to our tier 2 talents are overkill. This patch seems to give some and take a lot away!

No. 25 mans are terrible now. I went from being able to do 110k - 120k HPS on Garalon to 70k HPS. My 165k healing on Tsulong dropped to 110k HPS. I get we were OP. I get that, but nerfing almost everything we do, giving us no raid CD's that are viable and killing our AOE heals really sucks in 25 mans now.

I'm pretty pissed about the changes, thats how I feel. We have gaping holes in our toolkit and we had one strong part. Raid healing. Rshams, disc priests, holy paladins, good ones were competitive with us last patch (on all fights that werent gimmicky like garalon/tsulong). Now most of them are above me if I try to be an effective healer. On the other hand, I can now meter pad and spam SCK/chiburst for an entire fight and end up right below the disc priest dominating meters and preventing damage. Lovely how somehow preventing damage is allowed to be more powerful than a pure-throughput healer. Mind-boggling, actually.

Oh. And our mastery is still bloody worthless. In fact its actually even worse, which blows my mind how they somehow decided to nerf our WORST throughput stat (and it doesnt help at all with regen so...) while BUFFING our strongest secondary stat for throughput and increasing our regen. Honestly, they have no idea wtf they're doing with MW'ers, and that much is clear. They are reacting to nerf calls from other healers who like to meter pad and stare at meters. Our raid-utility/viability was pretty much destroyed by the patch. My raid will still take me since I know what I'm doing, but I feel like I'd benefit them more on my hpal or disc.
    Last edited by Astraios; 2012-11-28 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Renewing Mist change ticked me off quite a bit, but I'm still not dropping below 90% mana most fights.

Deleted
    It 's the usual nerfhammer made ​​in BLizzy since 2005.
    With this kind of a nerf MW now feels and is viewed as obsolete for the raid of 10 and 25, we know what it takes this kind of treatment of a class by the community. As always after Nerfhammer, they will run for cover to settle the class on which and with which they have based the expansion by creating expectations and marketing.
    Would be enough to not be so 'brutal right now but plan and set things right.
    Last edited by mmoce066135758; 2012-11-28 at 10:56 AM.

My problem with the ReM nerf is how stupid it is. It'll refresh on someone who already has it, or jump to someones pet. I don't remember seeing one instance of more than 6 ReMs up on the raid in our 10 man tonight (without TFT). At least with 4 targets per cast I could have it on 8 different people.

I found myself pleasantly surprised at how refreshing the change to soothing mists was. It actually generates chi around the same rate as my fist weaving does, and has the advantage of taking much less effort on my end to do the same amount of healing.

I also did not find the renewing mist nerf nearly as crippling as I thought it would be (25 raids). And in fact I found that the crit mana teas allowed me to spam surging mist to make up for the lost heals. This type of play reminded me of WotLK healing (Heal spamming and full mana pools - my favorite!) I did see an overall hit, going from 94k hps to 77k hps on Elegon, but I'm still well ahead of the other healing classes.

Verdict: Mistweavers went from Über Overpowered to just Overpowered.
    Last edited by headtrip; 2012-11-28 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Mobile typos

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhoenix View Post
    My problem with the ReM nerf is how stupid it is. It'll refresh on someone who already has it, or jump to someones pet. I don't remember seeing one instance of more than 6 ReMs up on the raid in our 10 man tonight (without TFT). At least with 4 targets per cast I could have it on 8 different people.
    This. Oh god this. Do you know how many Warlock pets steal my RnM? Particularly if they've been drained by the Warlock intentionally and suddenly my "smart heal" is like "Those need me!"
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    This. Oh god this. Do you know how many Warlock pets steal my RnM? Particularly if they've been drained by the Warlock intentionally and suddenly my "smart heal" is like "Those need me!"
    Working as intended? Not so smart idd. I'm getting frustrated by this as well.

Deleted
    They fucking ruined renewing mist for 25 man they should have just nerfed uplift healing instead of fucking nerfing the amount of times it jumps... doesn't help that we have no control over it what so ever apart from the initial person we cast it on.. Hello pets getting it.. GG blizz

Quote Originally Posted by headtrip View Post
    I found myself pleasantly surprised at how refreshing the change to soothing mists was. It actually generates chi around the same rate as my fist weaving does, and has the advantage of taking much less effort on my end to do the same amount of healing.

I also did not find the renewing mist nerf nearly as crippling as I thought it would be (25 raids). And in fact I found that the crit mana teas allowed me to spam surging mist to make up for the lost heals. This type of play reminded me of WotLK healing (Heal spamming and full mana pools - my favorite!) I did see an overall hit, going from 94k hps to 77k hps on Elegon, but I'm still well ahead of the other healing classes.

Verdict: Mistweavers went from Über Overpowered to just Overpowered.
    The other healers I raid with regularly pull over 100k, so I would say that doing 80k hardly even comes close to monks being "overpowered".
    Did I outheal them? Yes. Do I still? Not really, I'm around even now. (Slightly above. SCK overheals a lot more than uplift did, as well as uplift being bursty whereas SCK is shit for burst.)
    Just w/o any utility, raid CD's, tank healing (WHICH GOT NERFED MOAR LOLOLWTF?), tank cd's, etc. Feels good to be a monk.

Anyone has log of decent guild?
    Invasmanì - 13/13 25 Men

My logs from tonight:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/yawygym3iahd2e3d/
    killed first 4 bosses HoF and first boss of terrace, all on heroic.
    Generally came to the conclusion that RnM and uplift are both horrible, and that our healing is basically back to spin-to-win.

I'm not saying jab jab uplift required brain but are they forcing us to spin around like retards? 1 Button for the lulz.
    It's time to go back to my priest, atleast i can choose what to use and i can have raid utilities.
    Invasmanì - 13/13 25 Men

Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    My logs from tonight:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/yawygym3iahd2e3d/
    killed first 4 bosses HoF and first boss of terrace, all on heroic.
    Generally came to the conclusion that RnM and uplift are both horrible, and that our healing is basically back to spin-to-win.
    I knew this was going to happen when they didn't nerf SCK. I healed all of Terrace today and came to a frightening realization: if 25 people are in a raid and you only have RM on 6 of them, unless there's raid-wide damage on every single person, you're likely to only actually be healing 2 or 3 of those. Also RM was taking up to 5 seconds to fully spread, which is slower than when it spread to 3 targets, meaning it was ridiculously hard to time a decent TBT/Uplift. RM/Uplift is for 5 and 10 mans now, 25 man MWs should stick to spin spam and Chi Burst, fistweaving, or tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    My logs from tonight:
    Agree with gnorrior, Uplift and ReM are terrible now. Found myself using Chi Torpedo, SCK (build) and Chi Burst (spend) for my 25man AOE healing tonight

For what attempts we did do tonight before our tank's internet imploded on 10 man heroic HoF aoe healing didn't change all that from last patch. I can see where 25 man healers are going to have a bit of a pain with ReM though, only 25 man experience I have is in LFR and I felt absolutely useless. Did have a hell of a lot more mana though thanks to new mana tea changes might have to start replacing spirit gems. Already replaced the flask for an int one. Have fun you 25 man healers ^.^