Need a huge favor from every Monk in the community.

Currently our level 75 talent Dampen Harm is bugged whereas the charges will be consumed by Stagger, and by hits that are nowhere near close enough to 20% our health. I am kindly requesting that every monk regardless of their spec submit bug reports on this issue. This needs to be addressed but thus far we haven't gotten a single response from Blizzard on this because I am pretty sure it hasn't been mentioned enough or prominent enough in their eyes.

Sample from someone else:

Code:
    [23:42:40.901] Zenspoir Stagger Zenspoir Absorb (18514)
    [23:42:41.470] Blade Lord Ta'yak hits Zenspoir Dodge
    [23:42:41.767] Zenspoir gains Dampen Harm from Zenspoir
    [23:42:41.931] Zenspoir Stagger Zenspoir Absorb (9257)
    [23:42:42.911] Zenspoir Stagger Zenspoir Absorb (9257)
    [23:42:43.204] Blade Lord Ta'yak hits Zenspoir Dodge
    [23:42:43.901] Zenspoir's Dampen Harm fades from Zenspoir
    [23:42:43.935] Zenspoir Stagger Zenspoir Absorb (9258)
    [23:42:44.907] Blade Lord Ta'yak Overwhelming Assault Zenspoir 467283 (O: 28671, A: 548015)
    [23:42:45.180] Zenspoir dies
    9k ticks from stagger = 20% of total health?

Please take the time to submit this bug to them. Thank you!

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

I can't see how multiple people submitting the bug will help anything.

More people submitting combat logs? Yeah, go for it! More data to help them diagnose and fix the issue is great. But spamming them with multiple bug reports? Nah, not really.

I notice that there's a thread on the US Bug Report forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200062821

Ergo, if it's posted there then it will have been read and passed on to the developers. All we can do now is wait, perhaps provide them with more information (more than just 'still broken', or similar) to help them diagnose the issue.

The only logical reason we don't have a hotfix yet is because it's a tricky bug to fix. Have patience. It will get fixed.

The only thing you'd achieve with many people submitting bug reports is the customer service reps having to spend time going through all the reports, but not actually forwarding them on because the developers have already been notified.

Have faith. They'll get it fixed.

Deleted
    Oh christ, another major monk bug that blizzard will take forever to recognise and even longer to correct, Guard bug 2.0 inc

Deleted
    Renewing mist prioritizing army of the dead and golden banana, now this...nice patch for monks, indeed.

More combat logs aren't going to help them address the issue because it completely broken. Test it out. Any hit, regardless of amount of damage, takes off stacks of Dampen Harm. The more bugs that are submitted, the higher priority. Think of a nagging wife. If you have a wife that nags you constantly to say, mow the lawn, you will get to it and get it done, just to stop the nagging.

Have you ever worked the CSR/QA/Dev cycles? Depending on the company obviously, but CSR reports issues to the QA department, who then reports to Devs. Devs put their own priorities on things, but CSR can have a hand in that if the sheer multitude of complaints becomes overwhelming.

I remember in Everquest we had a Warrior sit in that was organized by myself and a few others across the servers. We had game breaking bugs that we had submitted and still nothing was done for a couple of months. Not even a "We know, we are working on it", nothing. We organized a Warrior Sit-In in East Commanlands. A large number of the warrior community, plus many low level warriors created to support our cause went to EC and sat and submitted bug reports. It was very organized, and we had actual GM's in game visit us in EC and had discussions over the issue.

Next patch, 90% of the bugs were fixed, with promises the rest would be addressed shortly. Within a month, all of the issues had been resolved.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I remember in Everquest we had a Warrior sit in that was organized by myself and a few others across the servers.
    Ah EQ, those were interesting days =P Should have joined a PVP server where you could kill GM's due to a bug. Course it resulted in a temp ban but was usually worth it.

Did you use a specific string to display that log sample? Little rusty with the expression editor but can check my own logs from this week and submit a bug this weekend.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

img525.imageshack'us/img525/938/bugbrewmast.png

' = .

Thought this would fit here if we started talking about bugs , happened to me yesterday in lfr.
    Asked a GM to response and see if it was bugged got the message back : Everybody can be critted only tanks have a 6% lower chance to be critted ;/.
    Last edited by mirelda; 2012-11-30 at 04:34 PM.

This bug was driving me insane on heroic blade lord last night.

One of my most powerful tools for soaking that second overwhelming assault was totally worthless.

Deleted
    and here I thought it was finally fixed

even 20% hits is too little, i'd like if they raised it to 30%

Quote Originally Posted by mirelda View Post
    img525.imageshack'us/img525/938/bugbrewmast.png

' = .

Thought this would fit here if we started talking about bugs , happened to me yesterday in lfr.
    Asked a GM to response and see if it was bugged got the message back : Everybody can be critted only tanks have a 6% lower chance to be critted ;/.
    GMs are wrong all the time. ALL. THE. TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    GMs are wrong all the time. ALL. THE. TIME.
    Gm's not knowing about ability's in the game , Bliz working as intended.
    Anyways reported Dampen Harm bug >.> lets see if bliz does something about it.

Still dont see any thing on offical forums where blizzard has begun taken action to fix this really hurting on a light dr tank

Dampen Harm now correctly only mitigates attacks that deal at least 20% of the Monk's maximum health.
    http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/7922045

Should be fine now, it seems!

10+ Year Old Account
    Was watching it last night, was only losing stacks after a size-able hit so yeah seems like it's all better now.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.