Anyone tried running the game on a system with Intel HD Graphics 4000

I am thinking of getting a surface PRO for my next pc and curious to know whether it could manage SWTOR. My current card is a pathetic nvidia 430 gt which actually does a very decent job of rendering the game but the overall system is probably stronger than the PRO despite being 2 years old.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No. Don't even try it.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

That's unfortunate.

I actually had a friend that works in a computer & parts stuff to test it. It was a laptop with a 3610QM ivy bridge i7 (I think it has the hd 4000 graphics). It was playable unless there was smoke or snow. In fact, alderaan was unplayable. That cave in korriban that has some smoke that you have to go to for a quest dropped the frame rate to 4-5 FPS. At other times, it was not terrible at 20ish FPS.

Of course, if you even dare to increase the graphic settings, it's gonna drop like flies...

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even the bottom rung mobile Geforce chipset is more powerful than the Intel HD 4000. Intel can play games, mainly older titles, but nothing as graphically intense as TOR.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".