Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Once you get to rank 7 and higher, it seems the dps requirement is about 70-90k+. Hopefully they fix Death Pact soon. Rank 7 is where people begin to hit walls, GG Engineering alot of people get stuck on, Summoner was less frustating, Battletron is a Huge wall, and Meatball is a free kill as long as you get stacks.

This should give you and idea on what DPS you will need to down RARE(level 8) Bosses in the Brawlers guild.
    Epicus Maximus 10,467,000 health / *2minute enrage timer = 88kdps needed to down him
    Disruption Mk 10,467,000 health / *2minute enrage timer = 88k DPS needed to down him
    Zen'shar has 7,1796,000 health but is only attackable after 10 orbs at 436,000 health are killed, Combined health is 11,556,000 but 4,360,000 is cleave damage
    Millhouse has 47,975,000 health but allows you to stack a buff of up to 500%, Assuming you had the buff up at all times and dont lose it which you don't 88k dps would give you 52,800,000 damage to millhouse after 2 minutes... but like i said you dont get all the stacks till like a minute or more into the encounter depending on rng
    *Enrage timer is an estimate, I used the stopwatch many times and waited until the fire STARTED landing inside the arena. At 1:40 The lava underneath the arena lights up to signal your imminent demise!

You're talking about rare bosses and I can't even get past Battletron with 4set bonus and legendary gem :X

Btw. you can use Death Pact, but you have to set target to your pet before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw just so those who don't know if you get an invite on one toon it unlocks brawler's guild for all of your toons regardless of realm or faction.

In any case, take the bosses health, divide by 120 seconds and that's the dps you need to down him, assuming you have 100% uptime. So you can compare to your current attempts.

Deleted
    Currently at rank 8, didnt kill any of the rares yet, but coming closer, got milhouse to 16% + zen'thar to 6%, but enrage wiped me, epicus maximus didnt get too many times yet but best try was ~40%, and the disruptor is just a shit fight for any class i think didnt get passed 85% on him yet.

Deleted
    90K DPS sounds like some silly shit for a blood, so I guess these are meant to be done in DPS specs. Can the PvP gear (or some justice pieces) reach such DPS amounts, or is this whole thing designed for raiders once again?

Also, why the HELL would solo content like this be nothing but a raider e-peen gear test? I just don't get it.

stuck at deeken rank 4 3/4 :/ i for the love of god can't find the middle ground between enough dps and survivability either i am too slow in tanking specc and hit the pseudo-enrage timer or i simply have too low survivability in unholy and gets absolutely wrecked my closest attempt was at 250k hp then the fire came and raped me.

I'm currently 3/4 Rank 8, with Disruptron to go. I was on my way to getting him, but then the hotfix to combustion and critical mass hit...
    I'm now wiping to enrage at about 15-20%, where as before i was getting to 5%. Going to have to wait for some upgrades (I'm 494 ilvl) til I can get him or some very good rng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    90K DPS sounds like some silly shit for a blood, so I guess these are meant to be done in DPS specs. Can the PvP gear (or some justice pieces) reach such DPS amounts, or is this whole thing designed for raiders once again?

Also, why the HELL would solo content like this be nothing but a raider e-peen gear test? I just don't get it.
    rank 8 fights are tough up till impossible if you don't have really good gear.. 88k dps while constantly moveing and other stuff is not doable in 463 gear or even 483 gear unless you are super lucky..

getting to rank 8 is doable in non raid gear for certain.. so no it is not just for raiders..
    Last edited by mmoc6d373c23ea; 2012-12-01 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stermor View Post
    rank 8 fights are tough up till impossible if you don't have really good gear
    Read: high-end raider gear. In other words, this solo content was designed to be cleared only by high-end raiders.

That's awesome.

Deleted
    Read: high-end raider gear. In other words, this solo content was designed to be cleared only by high-end raiders.

That's awesome.
    hell even high end raiders will have major problems with them.. they are meant to be tough... if you could beat the best bosses in 463 gear people with 50ilvls higher will always have a large advantage.. but i think they made fights while extrmely high dps requirements also have decent ammount of mobility/skill requirements..

getting rank 8 max rank in brawler guild is a pretty nice accomplishment.. which is doable in 463 gear.. hell i doubt the fast majority of player will get to rank 7 and never reach rank 8..

the rank 8 fights are just have a large rampup up from rank 7.. nothing wrong with giving players something to beat there head in for several weeks..

Deleted
    hell even high end raiders will have major problems with them.. they are meant to be tough... if you could beat the best bosses in 463 gear people with 50ilvls higher will always have a large advantage.. but i think they made fights while extrmely high dps requirements also have decent ammount of mobility/skill requirements..

getting rank 8 max rank in brawler guild is a pretty nice accomplishment.. which is doable in 463 gear.. hell i doubt the fast majority of player will get to rank 7 and never reach rank 8..

the rank 8 fights are just have a large rampup up from rank 7.. nothing wrong with giving players something to beat there head in for several weeks..
    If raiders with high-end gear have trouble with the enemies, then people who NEVER raid have absolutely no chance whatsoever to ever clearing this content. Hence, it's purely designed for raider use.

It's clear that it's a gear check, and nothing more. I for one expected it to have some mechanics for solo play, reactive maybe, and the people who would reach max ranks and clear it would be the ones the best in control of their characters, with a decent amount of gear as well.

As it stands, it seems any blind moron with ilvl 2700 can do it.

Deleted
    If raiders with high-end gear have trouble with the enemies, then people who NEVER raid have absolutely no chance whatsoever to ever clearing this content. Hence, it's purely designed for raider use.

It's clear that it's a gear check, and nothing more. I for one expected it to have some mechanics for solo play, reactive maybe, and the people who would reach max ranks and clear it would be the ones the best in control of their characters, with a decent amount of gear as well.

As it stands, it seems any blind moron with ilvl 2700 can do it.
    sorry but have you ever seen the rank 8 fights?? they are not just hard dps wise.. hell if i could stand still i might be able to push out those numbers in crap gear... but its not just the dps numbers that are important.. the is the constantly moving from shit, the dozen lasers trying to kill you or instant intrupts required..

so no while gear is important without great skill you will not clear these fights even in ilvl 2700... i don't mind it beeing a gear check i will get better gear eventually, but alot of raiders are just not skilled enough to beat these fights even in bis gear.. while i will eventually clear them.. i don't see what is wrong it..

the only thing you can seriously complain about in the brawler guild is the que's..

Deleted
    sorry but have you ever seen the rank 8 fights?? they are not just hard dps wise.. hell if i could stand still i might be able to push out those numbers in crap gear... but its not just the dps numbers that are important.. the is the constantly moving from shit, the dozen lasers trying to kill you or instant intrupts required..

so no while gear is important without great skill you will not clear these fights even in ilvl 2700... i don't mind it beeing a gear check i will get better gear eventually, but alot of raiders are just not skilled enough to beat these fights even in bis gear.. while i will eventually clear them.. i don't see what is wrong it..

the only thing you can seriously complain about in the brawler guild is the que's..
    Can an infinitely skilled player do those fights in non-raid non-valor gear?

If the answer is "no", then this whole shit was designed for high-end PvE, ie. raiders.

Deleted
    Can an infinitely skilled player do those fights in non-raid non-valor gear?

If the answer is "no", then this whole shit was designed for high-end PvE, ie. raiders.
    with luck perfect play and lfr gear yep i think he could... wouldn't be easy but it is probebly possible..
    it is ofcourse much easier in bis slot gear and perfect play and luck..

then again it is impossible without great skill.. sorry but i think catering raiders in this case is crap.. there is a major skill part in nearly all fights..

gear makes everything easier.. just deal with it..

not like this is important untill you have reached the last rank of brawler guild..

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    stuck at deeken rank 4 3/4 :/ i for the love of god can't find the middle ground between enough dps and survivability either i am too slow in tanking specc and hit the pseudo-enrage timer or i simply have too low survivability in unholy and gets absolutely wrecked my closest attempt was at 250k hp then the fire came and raped me.
    you should take nearly no damage at all in this fight ?? if you can avoid the lighting on the ground.. it is probebly better to be in a dps spec to beat this fight. also you can jump over the lighting if you are in a bind..
    Last edited by mmoc6d373c23ea; 2012-12-01 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    I wish that these fights were just a bit harder and not just gear checks..

Deleted
    just deal with it
    Just like we've had to deal with the fact that the minority is catered to for the past eight years. The rest of us, the majority, have to deal with it, and make do with whatever is given to us.

I am currently sitting at 3/4 Rank 8 about 8 hours after I got my invite.

The last one requires incredibly high DPS and awareness, there's 3 mechanics at a time. It's just silly. I'll get it done but I've only put in about 25 attempts and I've stopped for a bit to give my brain a rest. I'll post again when I'm 4/4.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Farsatar View Post
    I wish that these fights were just a bit harder and not just gear checks..
    Wait till Rank 8 breh

Deleted
    Reaction tests, 3D-awareness, the ability to calculate completely random stuff in advance, all of this would be fucking amazeballz. Instead, it starts with "you have to be a raider."

How disappointing is that.