1. #1
    Field Marshal Rakama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere eating kebab.
    Posts
    97

    Protectors of the endless 10 heroic question

    So me and a few others were just wondering, how many healers/tanks is recommended for this? (Normal heroic, not ELITE heroic).

    I've seen videos etc but they're not clear on how many tanks/healers were used.

    Is it possible to solo-tank 2heal this or is it recommended to atleast 2tank 2 heal? Thanks in advance.

    -Druz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirituz
    Can you imagine screwing a druid? They could turn into all sorts of things..There would be no end to the variety of holes available.

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakama View Post
    So me and a few others were just wondering, how many healers/tanks is recommended for this? (Normal heroic, not ELITE heroic).

    I've seen videos etc but they're not clear on how many tanks/healers were used.

    Is it possible to solo-tank 2heal this or is it recommended to atleast 2tank 2 heal? Thanks in advance.

    -Druz
    We solo tank it on 25man, and 25man hits miles harder than 10man, so you should be fine to solo tank.

    Inb4 10v25 hatred over the simple fact that bosses hit harder in 25 than 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal Rakama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere eating kebab.
    Posts
    97
    Just to be sure, you're talking heroic here yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirituz
    Can you imagine screwing a druid? They could turn into all sorts of things..There would be no end to the variety of holes available.

  4. #4
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakama View Post
    Just to be sure, you're talking heroic here yeah?
    Yes
    /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  5. #5
    we used 1 tank, 2 healers. you can use 2 tanks, but one of them will be completely useless after kaolan has died. one tank with high vengeance through the fight is quite important if you want a short first (kaolan) and last phase.

  6. #6
    Field Marshal Rakama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere eating kebab.
    Posts
    97
    Cheers guys, I know enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirituz
    Can you imagine screwing a druid? They could turn into all sorts of things..There would be no end to the variety of holes available.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    We solo tank it on 25man, and 25man hits miles harder than 10man, so you should be fine to solo tank.

    Inb4 10v25 hatred over the simple fact that bosses hit harder in 25 than 10.

    I don't know why you're trying to troll or incite a trollfest. They both hit for the same amount. Don't believe me? Look it up in the dungeon journal....or anywhere else in the community.

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,948
    I think he might mean physical damage.

    But the physical damage really isn't dangerous. The magical damage however is 100% the same in both difficulties.

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire Riemu2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    EU, Germany
    Posts
    356
    How hard is Protectors ToES in heroic normal? not elite? say killing kaolan first and regail 2nd?

    Whats the difficulty here? Insane Damage? Enrage?

    We have 5/16, including blade-lord, and thinking about doing them next instead of garalon/wind-lord.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    How hard is Protectors ToES in heroic normal? not elite? say killing kaolan first and regail 2nd?

    Whats the difficulty here? Insane Damage? Enrage?

    We have 5/16, including blade-lord, and thinking about doing them next instead of garalon/wind-lord.
    If you're only 5/6 then it might be tough to do Normal Elite. Melee DPS uptime on Kaolan (if he is the last one up) drops significantly because of his huge void zone mechanic. Healing is also much harder than Kaolan > Regail > Asani because you'll have to deal with Touch of Sha 100% of the time. Touch of Sha does about the same damage as Garalon's Pheromones, so it's a pretty high healing requirement.

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire Riemu2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    EU, Germany
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    If you're only 5/6 then it might be tough to do Normal Elite. Melee DPS uptime on Kaolan (if he is the last one up) drops significantly because of his huge void zone mechanic. Healing is also much harder than Kaolan > Regail > Asani because you'll have to deal with Touch of Sha 100% of the time. Touch of Sha does about the same damage as Garalon's Pheromones, so it's a pretty high healing requirement.
    We killed Normal Elite 2nd Try / First ID. Was talking about Heroic Normal with kaolan -> regail -> asani

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    We killed Normal Elite 2nd Try / First ID. Was talking about Heroic Normal with kaolan -> regail -> asani
    I'd really go Spirit Kings and Will first, especially now that Spirit Kings has a set order of spawns.

    We were actually very retarded and were resetting Spirit Kings until we got Meng first, as someone said that was the easiest order and we kind of just went with it since it felt doable. This is actually the hardest order. What you really want is Subtai > Zian > Meng, which is what it has been hotfixed to always be. We found this out and came in and killed it on our very first ever pull with Subtai first. The boss might seem hard but it's actually incredibly easy if people don't mess the shields up and dodge stuff.

    As for Will of the Emperor, we killed it after about 20 attempts. Once you work out a strat for the adds that works for your group it's a joke.

    tl:dr; Just go Kings and Will, they are easy with 485+ iLvl

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Riemu2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    EU, Germany
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    I'd really go Spirit Kings and Will first, especially now that Spirit Kings has a set order of spawns.

    We were actually very retarded and were resetting Spirit Kings until we got Meng first, as someone said that was the easiest order and we kind of just went with it since it felt doable. This is actually the hardest order. What you really want is Subtai > Zian > Meng, which is what it has been hotfixed to always be. We found this out and came in and killed it on our very first ever pull with Subtai first. The boss might seem hard but it's actually incredibly easy if people don't mess the shields up and dodge stuff.

    As for Will of the Emperor, we killed it after about 20 attempts. Once you work out a strat for the adds that works for your group it's a joke.

    tl:dr; Just go Kings and Will, they are easy with 485+ iLvl
    Problem about Kings is, we have 2-3 players who tend to soak shit for the first 3-4 times before they eventually learn it. Kings is so many stuff to watch out for that can kill you almost instantly. I'm trying to do the Encounters first where you don't have such mechanics. To be honest, I'm scared to do Kings with my Raid atm. :-)

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Problem about Kings is, we have 2-3 players who tend to soak shit for the first 3-4 times before they eventually learn it. Kings is so many stuff to watch out for that can kill you almost instantly. I'm trying to do the Encounters first where you don't have such mechanics. To be honest, I'm scared to do Kings with my Raid atm. :-)
    80% of the difficulty with Spirit Kings was in getting the correct order. Now that it is fixed, the fight is actually quite simple.

    Qiang - stay stacked, dodge annihilate and flanking, dispel shield, bl and cds at 30%, dodge volley
    Subetai - spread out, BOP/release the pindowns, stun the shield buff, dodge volley, flanking and pillage
    Zian - spread out, interrupt, kite/kill orbs, dispel shield, dodge flanking and pillage
    Meng - stack for maddening shout and mass dispel, interrupt/dispel, kite/kill orbs, dodge flanking and pillage, don't kill yourself

    In theory there is a lot to watch out for, but really, the timers are spread out a lot and most of the abilities are handled without even thinking about it (dodging stuff etc). The most challenging part is probably stopping DPS on the shields and properly dealing with maddening shout.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •