Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Sir Patrick Moore has died.

    Turns out Sir Patrick has died very recently. He is a BBC broadcaster and astronomer and has been on our tvs for a few decades.

    Source http://news.sky.com/story/1022912/si...9-dies-at-home

  2. #2
    Banned Jayburner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Posts
    2,195
    I saw Roger Moore. Reading article now.

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk Silhouette of Seraphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Y'ha-nthlei
    Posts
    1,953
    That's a shame.

    Killer monocle like a boss, too.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

  4. #4
    Banned Jayburner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Posts
    2,195
    sounded like a cool guy to tell stories at a party when high.

  5. #5
    I have never heard of this person before


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  6. #6
    Whilst rather more low-key, Patrick Moore was to Astronomy what David Attenborough is to Nature on television; just to give people who don't know an idea of how sorely he will be missed.

    Also he was Gamesmaster and gave the UK its first taste of e-sports.

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cultural Exchange House
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Whilst rather more low-key, Patrick Moore was to Astronomy what David Attenborough is to Nature on television; just to give people who don't know an idea of how sorely he will be missed.

    Also he was Gamesmaster and gave the UK its first taste of e-sports.
    May he rest in peace

    He was also in Dr Who too.

    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

  8. #8
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,854


    Rest in peace Sir Patrick, your now with the stars.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I have never heard of this person before
    He was a very highly revered astronomer and presented the same weekly TV show for more than 55 years. His research contributed to the first moon landings.

    He was an absolute legend.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-12-10 at 02:20 AM.

  10. #10
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,725
    The guy was a legal knight

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    He was a very highly revered astronomer and presented the same weekly TV show for more than 55 years. His research contributed to the first moon landings.

    He was an absolute legend.
    And a die-hard racist
    Last edited by rasx; 2012-12-10 at 06:21 AM.

  12. #12
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,592
    Sad day for anyone who enjoys Astronomy.

    Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    And a die-hard racist
    care to provide proof on this ?

  13. #13
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,417
    This is spooky, this is 3/4 predictions my partner made last year that have come true. He said kate and william were going to have a baby (kinda obvious being newly weds), a major TV celebrity would be outed as a child molester, Patrick moore would die and Prince Philip would be seriously Ill. Phillip hasnt been seriously ill this year, so not 100% correct yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,054
    I've never heard of this person before. xD

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    This is spooky, this is 3/4 predictions my partner made last year that have come true. He said kate and william were going to have a baby (kinda obvious being newly weds), a major TV celebrity would be outed as a child molester, Patrick moore would die and Prince Philip would be seriously Ill. Phillip hasnt been seriously ill this year, so not 100% correct yet.
    who was the child molester O_o
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  16. #16
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I've never heard of this person before. xD
    A British celebrity, possibly the most respected Astrononomer in the world, his theories helped put man on the moon. He was also very eccentric and hosted a TV show about Astronomy, famous for his monocole and method of speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  17. #17
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,592
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    This is spooky, this is 3/4 predictions my partner made last year that have come true. He said kate and william were going to have a baby (kinda obvious being newly weds), a major TV celebrity would be outed as a child molester, Patrick moore would die and Prince Philip would be seriously Ill. Phillip hasnt been seriously ill this year, so not 100% correct yet.
    Hasnt He had several hospital trips with a bladder infection ? I think the last time he was in hospital for 5 days. would say that is pretty serious due to his age.

  18. #18
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,224
    Well, I must say I haven't heard much of him, but it's sad when anyone dies. So may he rest in peace.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    He was also in Dr Who too.
    I knew I've seen him before, just couldn't pinpoint where.

  19. #19
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    who was the child molester O_o
    Jimmie Savile.

  20. #20
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    who was the child molester O_o
    Jimmy Saville.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •