URGENT Help please.

I have a

P8P67 LE mobo
    i5 Sandy 2500k Proc
    12gig of g-skill ram
    AMD 7970
    750 watt PSU
    Im not getting a post ?? I turn my PC on and I dont get anything. The screen just stays black. The computer turns on for about 5 secs then resets, then it turns back on and stays on. All the while the screen is black.

I have tried:

A different G card
    Taking all ram out and putting it in one by one
    Replacing the mobo
    Reseting the bios by taking the battery out and the jumper switch

Everything is connected as it should be and ticking away but i cant get a post at all. Just a black screen.
    I have been trying to fix this myself for ages. Been on google tried everything. Can this be related to a faulty proc ??

Any help would be appreciated.

Deleted
    perhaps got another screen to test it on so it is a pc hardware issue for certain?

Deleted
    swapped pci slots for GPU aswell?

There are 2 connections on the motherboard from your PSU it is the most common mistake people forget to plug in one of the 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's probably one of two things then:

a PSU not delivering power on the 3.3v rail

a dead CPU

do you get sound beeps from mobo when you try to fire the pc up? If you do, check the manual.

Yeah, make sure the CPU 4 pin power connector is plugged in. It is in the top left corner of the MB. Sounds like no power to the CPU or a dead chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    it's probably one of two things then:

a PSU not delivering power on the 3.3v rail

a dead CPU
    Everything is powered on the CPU Fan is whirring all my LEDs fans Gcard fan everything. Replace CPU ??
    Last edited by Redcinder; 2012-11-30 at 05:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn I had that problem as well about a year ago (have the same motherboard), but I'm not 100% if my screen was black or not.

Can't really remember what it was, but I think it was my RAM being at 1600Mhz which I had to clock to 1333Mhz for it to work.

Try it but as I said, I'm not sure if that was the fix for this specific problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    do you get sound beeps from mobo when you try to fire the pc up? If you do, check the manual.
    No beeps. Turns on as normal.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Damn I had that problem as well about a year ago (have the same motherboard), but I'm not 100% if my screen was black or not.

Can't really remember what it was, but I think it was my RAM being at 1600Mhz which I had to clock to 1333Mhz for it to work.

Try it but as I said, I'm not sure if that was the fix for this specific problem.
    I have used this ram with the set up before. Its all about a year old. I cant clock anything tho, my screen is black on boot.

There are 2 options, either it's your PSU shorting out every 5 seconds or the CPU is dead. Try replacing both and tell us what happened.
    Playing since 2007.

it only does the reset the once then the computer stays on indefinatly. I heard the reset could be linked to a proc issue ??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    it only does the reset the once then the computer stays on indefinatly. I heard the reset could be linked to a proc issue ??
    if you already tried replacing the motherboard, then replace the CPU, i would try the PSU first though, it may be undervolting or not delivering power to the proper rails, if changing the PSU doesnt work, then you will need a new CPU

Ok so i have replaced the CPU now AND the power supply and now the computer turns on for 5 secs then turns off. Then back on for 1 sec and back off *Repeat*

I dont understand at all. Any help guys ??

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 03:59 PM ----------

Ive even changed the ram out now and the problem still persists. So ive nearly changed everything and I get this on for 5 secs off on for one sec off *Repeat forever*

You replaced the Mobo,CPU,PSU,RAM and GPU and it's still shorting out? Either you didn't install the motherboard onto the case correctly and it's shorting out. Or you didn't connect the cables properly, take it to a local hardware store and see if they can fix it.
    Playing since 2007.

How can someone not install a mobo onto a case properly ? (Not sarcasm at all) I lined it all up with the screw holes and made sure all the ports were visible on the back of the case then screwed it in. Is there something other than that when just putting it into a case ?

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    How can someone not install a mobo onto a case properly ? (Not sarcasm at all) I lined it all up with the screw holes and made sure all the ports were visible on the back of the case then screwed it in. Is there something other than that when just putting it into a case ?
    did you remember the mother board spacers?.
    If you just screw the motherboard directly in to the chase with out them you will short or the motherboard.
    Potentially killing other hardware in the progress.

also make sure you only use the correct amount of spacers in the correct location.
    A badly placed spacer might also short it out.

Yea all spacers were fitted correctly. I took it to the shop and they tested it all. Mobo is fucked. 2 Dead mobos in a row.