Poll: Do you believe the only way you can get geared to raid is by doing dailies?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm putting my money on... skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    "Dailies are just terrible". Seems kind of like a complaint to me. Or at least a negative statement.
    I can agree it is a negative comment, but there were a lot more POSITIVE comments in that article than negative.

Ok? This just argues against the whole "hur the top guilds did it without it ergo fuck you" concept people use to defend this "content"
    Are they gods? Do they have powers you don't? Some unfair advantage? Last I checked, the game was still limited only by the person playing it. Also, if other regular people who happen to be in an awesome guild can do it, there is no reason anyone else should be unable to.

Not really. The concept of doing the same quest ad naeseum is a terrible substitute for content. Know what gets people out in the world? Elites with vanity items. Holiday events. Stuff like that. Once people are done with the initial rep, people won't be "out in the world". I got what I wanted from my reps, and I rarely leave the cities, just semi restocking/posting auctions while watching a show.
    But when I do, know what gets me out? The vanity crap I mentioned. Nerd points. Shit like that. More carrot and less stick.
    "ad naeseum"? Really? Latin just makes you sound pompus like the guilds. And yeah, there is Galleon, Sha, and other things to do other than dailies. People are doing things to raid all the time that do not involve dailies.

Most people aren't able to set aside the sheer amount of time the push for world first takes. Even if they spend less time on it overall, most just cant make the initial investment, assuming they have the capability.
    So, because they don't want to make time to do something someone else is already finishing makes it Blizz's problem how? I can see if NO ONE was raiding cause of dailies. These people are DONE with Tier 14 25man. All I ever hear is excuses and begging for nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I like how you only pull out one comment.

See I can do the same.
    I'm not arguing MoP as a whole isn't good.

Here's another if you want
    If raiding is the pinnacle of World of Warcraft's PvE content, why doesn't it reward you better with the Valor point system like it used to. Raiding requires hours and hours of hard work and concentration, how come I have to do even more chores outside of it to upgrade my gear I got from it.

I used that specific quote earlier because it was short and to the point.
    You should actually address my post and what I'm saying next time.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I can agree it is a negative comment, but there were a lot more POSITIVE comments in that article than negative.
    About MoP as a whole. Which I do actually enjoy, especially compared to Cata, even if that isnt saying much sadly. Im not arguing that point

Are they gods? Do they have powers you don't? Some unfair advantage? Last I checked, the game was still limited only by the person playing it. Also, if other regular people who happen to be in an awesome guild can do it, there is no reason anyone else should be unable to.
    I never argued that they were gods or what have you. My point was people claim quite frequently "well hardcore guilds didnt need rep gear", when they out of anyone spent the most time on reps due to the multiple raids top guilds often do, especially on the first week of normals.

"ad naeseum"? Really? Latin just makes you sound pompus like the guilds. And yeah, there is Galleon, Sha, and other things to do other than dailies. People are doing things to raid all the time that do not involve dailies.
    Ad Naeseum is hardly some rare latin term. Its pretty common terminology lol.
    If that's pompous and rare term for you, I suggest you join society.
    Alternatively
    In oculis spectantium pomposity
    or something

So, because they don't want to make time to do something someone else is already finishing makes it Blizz's problem how? I can see if NO ONE was raiding cause of dailies. These people are DONE with Tier 14 25man. All I ever hear is excuses and begging for nerfs.
    I was saying most people can't do the 12 hour a day schedules that guilds often do on the world first push, when you asked why more guilds don't raid with their schedules.

I don't even understand how you got me crying for nerfs out of this in addition. If anything I'm typically on the other side of the fence arguing against them.
    Last edited by Stuffs; 2012-11-30 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    Any decent guild will expect their raiders to do them, so yeah they're a requirement for those guilds. If youre in a guild that just does normalmodes, and heroic modes after they have been nerfed heavily, then no you don't really need to worry about them. This has been discussed to death in the other threads.
    Just a thought, if you don't use charm rolls, and you don't actually tell anyone you don't use charm rolls...how are they going to find out? I only ask because, call me crazy, you can't enforce something on someone if you have no way of knowing whether they did it or not, and in the case of charms it is extremely plausible that a person may never get a piece of gear that they would actually use.