Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't see a Diablo expansion named Project anything... The word Project is usually connected with Sci-Fi games and such, the same way they wouldn't name an expansion Operation Blackstone. It doesn't really fit mediaval theme... It could be a side project, as the newspost suggest, something like "get 10mil. photographies of diablo players with black stones (ideally shaped like the black soulstone) and we'll tell you the name of the xpac... also everyone gets a banner sigil and a wow pet"

10+ Year Old Account
    Project Blackstone... Black Soulstone... Diablo 3...

A Diablo III expansion which name starts with "Project" doesn't make sense to me, give the medieval fantasy setting of that franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe people have stated DIII was Project Hydra...so...project being non medieval theory is null and void?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I believe people have stated DIII was Project Hydra...so...project being non medieval theory is null and void?
    You won't register a domain name for a product or team's codename. If you do so, its the final name.

Doubt it's expansion as blackstone is in D3 already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orisai View Post
    You won't register a domain name for a product or team's codename. If you do so, its the final name.

I'm not so sure about that. Seems too much like a project then something being the final name.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Seems too much like a project then something being the final name.
    Orisai is right, Blizzard would NEVER register the name of an internal project, if they registered "Project Blackstone", it's mean that whatever will go out will be called "Project Blackstone". It's like saying DIII is called in fact "Project Hydra" ...

So my money on either some community related thingy, or new name of Project Titan. I would like to remind you that the Titans are arleady taken as something within a Blizz franchise, and they said that "Project Titan" would be a whole new franchise, so it make sense they changed the name.

Plus, the fact that chaud said "it's not Titan related" make me think it's Titan related

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    I don't see a Diablo expansion named Project anything... The word Project is usually connected with Sci-Fi games and such, the same way they wouldn't name an expansion Operation Blackstone. It doesn't really fit mediaval theme... It could be a side project, as the newspost suggest, something like "get 10mil. photographies of diablo players with black stones (ideally shaped like the black soulstone) and we'll tell you the name of the xpac... also everyone gets a banner sigil and a wow pet"
    This, or some kind of new "Facebook á lá Social game" thing.

Yeah doesn't sound like DIII at all.

But maybe it does have something to do with Titan, as a sort of obscure hype mechanism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I'm from the future, and I can tell you this is part of Blizzard's plan to create a franchise of games and media around Sir William Blackstone, who was an English jurist, judge and Tory politician of the eighteenth century. It's going to take video gaming by storm.
    Awesome! xD

Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barimalek View Post
    Orisai is right, Blizzard would NEVER register the name of an internal project, if they registered "Project Blackstone", it's mean that whatever will go out will be called "Project Blackstone". It's like saying DIII is called in fact "Project Hydra" ...

So my money on either some community related thingy, or new name of Project Titan. I would like to remind you that the Titans are arleady taken as something within a Blizz franchise, and they said that "Project Titan" would be a whole new franchise, so it make sense they changed the name.

Plus, the fact that chaud said "it's not Titan related" make me think it's Titan related

I really doubt it's Titan related. And by Titan I mean the new universe not the actual beings called Titans in the Warcraft universe. I just...feel if Titan was going to make itself known it would be Blizzcon. I'll be happy either way of course.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2012-11-30 at 11:03 PM.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Stacraft ghost renamed. You hear it first.

Deleted
    Name of the PS3 Diablo 3 Release, i will laugh if im right >
    Last edited by mmoc30b072490b; 2012-11-30 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This. Is. Titan!

Edit: Whoa. They are automatically converting CAPS into normal words. Now that is one awesome internet technology. Idiots seem smart now.
    Last edited by Rhywolver; 2012-11-30 at 11:25 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing that comes to mind is doomhammer

Domain name... I think it is NOT something PC based...
    They have the battle.net site with all the games there so if it's an expansion it wouldn't need its own site and if it was something PC related (like "Titan") then it would be implemented into the Battle.net site like WoW, SC2 and D3...
    So my guess is that like someone said it's something that has to do with mobile devices... Or something totally different than the usual Blizzard stuff... We'll see...

10+ Year Old Account
    Its titan !!

Deleted
    I bet it's TITAN!

Project sounds unlikely for Diablo 3, but could also be!