Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    Its not titans, as it has Project Titans, not Blackstone
    This doesn't even make sense. Skipped English class a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Oziriz View Post
    Just because Titan is the project name, doesn't mean that the game will be called Titan.
    Exactly. In fact, it most certainly WON'T be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Project Titan is just the project's codename. At the time development started, their other projects were named Project Cerberus (Cataclysm), Project Hydra (Diablo III), and Project Medusa (Starcraft II).

The code names tend to be fairly meaningful, though. Hydra is a three headed beast (Diablo THREE) and Medusa was a reference to Kerrigan.

Blackstone sounds very Diablo-ish, but "Project Blackstone" certainly doesn't.
    Yes.

Best bet would be to look up "Blackstone" on the net and see if there is any reference that strikes a cord; most probably Titan, though.

In thinking about it, I'm wondering if this does have something to do with Diablo/Titan/Whatever but is not actually a game name.

As others have noted, "Project Whatever" is typically an internal name and rarely used to promote. But what if Project Blackstone is actually an online portal/web-advertisement that leads into a new game/xpac? Like a viral web marketing tool (there's actually a technical name for this but for the love of Khaz I can not remember it) with social networking. So you spend 6 months on Project Blackstone before the release of the game/xpac itself.

And if we're lucky, it'll be a Dresden Files MMO.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

My guess is Diablo 3 project of some kind.
    Blackstone is very close to black soulstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
    My guess is Diablo 3 project of some kind.
    Blackstone is very close to black soulstone.
    ......................................__................................................
    .............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

They stated somewhere that it would be a new franchise...

www.projectblackstone.com has now stuff on it.

Definitely something StarCraft 2 related.

Password is
    Y7_$0>0k_3<$m

Quote Originally Posted by Idras View Post

Password is
    Y7_$0>0k_3<$m
    Password didn't work
    Shuttle of Illidan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idras View Post

Password is
    Y7_$0>0k_3<$m
    Dafuq? Interesting... maybe its titan and titan is related to starcraft some how?

Deleted
    Looks like SC2 stuff to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    Password didn't work
    Worked fine for me. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Password didn't work
    Password worked for me

Website leads you to some StarCraft 2 lore. Here are some screenshots to those who can't get on the site.

http://i.imgur.com/VEtRtu4.png

http://i.imgur.com/MPHYZku.png

http://i.imgur.com/CUejebW.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Password didn't work
    you have to type it out. not copy/paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by AK_47 View Post
    Black Stone might be several things. However my first feeling, black stone : onyx

What can be a black stone in the history of Blizzard .. Starcraft Ghost. Reason why they had to postpone ( yep it never was cancelled), they wanted to get it on console and they weren't powerful enough compared to Computers.

Might be plenty of other things such as D3 expansion or even a new project who knows ... ? Doesn't seem the be Project Titan though.
    One of my old guildies worked for blizzard in a management role (cant remember what PR I think). He said SC Ghost was never up to the quality level they wanted so they shelved it. They havent worked on it for years so I doubt they will be releasing a 10 year out of date second rate shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    One of my old guildies worked for blizzard in a management role (cant remember what PR I think). He said SC Ghost was never up to the quality level they wanted so they shelved it. They havent worked on it for years so I doubt they will be releasing a 10 year out of date second rate shooter.
    We are sure it now concerns Starcraft Universe and getting more convinced it's Starcraft Ghost.

What you're saying is true, it was up to a higher the level they wish they had. Hardware of console were too low for the game itself. With the new wave of console generation (PS4 and XBOX 3) coming out, they might finally have the level they were waiting for.

@rest , password working just fine.
    Why Not ^^

There are enough spaces and variable names in the code to make it look like they are just going to add some more messages every week until HotS release.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    As others have noted, "Project Whatever" is typically an internal name and rarely used to promote. But what if Project Blackstone is actually an online portal/web-advertisement that leads into a new game/xpac? Like a viral web marketing tool (there's actually a technical name for this but for the love of Khaz I can not remember it) with social networking. So you spend 6 months on Project Blackstone before the release of the game/xpac itself.
    The person who said this is not only a genius, he's also handsome too

And if we're lucky, it'll be a Dresden Files MMO.
    And also disappoint
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

i think its the so called "SC2 Phoenix" that appeared on the leaked Blizzard Product Slate from a couple years ago.

Well, seeing how the URL is eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blackstone
    I'll go ahead and point out that the URL states what it's going to be for.

Hint: eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blackstone

If you still can't grasp what SC2 stands for. It's an abbreviation for Star Craft 2.
    Vass23 posted a picture of Blizzards Product Slate, which shows Star Craft 2: Phoenix

Which leads us to the logo of Project Blackstone - A Phoenix