Poll: Resto OS?

10+ Year Old Account

[Resto] What's your OffSpec?

So if resto is your main, I'm just curious what your OS is?

Mine is moonkin, but I haven't used it since hitting 90. I think I'd like to play feral if I ever wanted to dps, but with the way arena gear is gated I'd never have competitive gear for it. Sadface.

Deleted
    Moonkin for dailys and because it's awesome.
    Guardian because I'm back-up tank if one of our tanks doesn't show for raid.

Its not convenient for gearing purposes, but feral is so fast to do the daily quests, so I stick with that.

First post on mmo-champ! (not that anybody r-e-a-l-l-y cares...but I've read these forums more than the pope reads a bible) so I'm excited.

Anyways, Moonkin.

I love rolling the dps underdog, and quite a few cata moonkins are bailing because they lost their bugs.

My thoughts: Despite the current rhetoric nothing is roundly non viable, not even when nox says you're around in 20th dps. Feral can brag about being high dps all they want but "balance" is the operative word here. Sustained DPS is important for enrage timers but only looking at (s)dps doesn't tell you everything.

Buff your raid/bg
    massive burst dps for 30 seconds every 3 mins
    multi dot
    assist w/ heals if needed (even taunt off tank in xtreme situations and fall to keep the tank up)
    stealth

Ya...I mean you might not be top dps...and some newbies might critisize you for that, but if you know enough about the mechanics of the mobs and the other classes you're rolling with a moonkin can be freaking awesome.

Guardian. Sure it's slower than Moonkin or Feral for dailies, but I like instant dungeon queues, more loot options from LFR (not like anything drops for my guardian set), and safety while soloing older content.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Guardian. Sure it's slower than Moonkin or Feral for dailies, but I like instant dungeon queues, more loot options from LFR (not like anything drops for my guardian set), and safety while soloing older content.
    Everything is slower than feral lol.

Boomkin, can actually use some raid gear in that specc^^

Deleted
    I'm using cat as that was what I levelled up with and did dailys with. Sadly my feral gear is almost better than my resto gear now.

10+ Year Old Account
    guardian right now seeing as I wasnt enjoying moonkin and our alt run needed a tank.

Deleted
    It was kitty but when MoP hited i swaped MS/OS around.