10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I have no idea how the market is out there, Kray, so yes, my view is rather clouded/incorrect but it's just how I see it and I don't see it changing until that happens to me or to a fairly good number of people that I might know, either way, I hardly doubt it'll ever happen to me, I mean, sure, possible and that, but I don't really like to be dependent on possibilities.

Like I said, my view on this isn't the best and it won't be for a while, so I don't know.

--

Thing is, this isn't always visible to everyone. I would just wish there would be other ways but I don't know, like, instead of going to a Uni go to a company a pay them to teach you instead. I think this is kinda possible but I have no idea if this happens in a lot of places, which I'm sure it doesn't, and it's probably a lot more harder to pay this, depending on the company you are of course, and I have no idea on what you would and wouldn't do because of the company's reputation.
    My company would pay me to take courses if it had to do with my field of work. I didn't take them up on it at the time though because I was already working a ton and still trying to be an irresponsible (yet really responsible) young 20's guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I doubt you're stupid. You're young. Not everything has to fall in place so early
    When you have as much anxiety and nervous tendencies as I do, it's pretty detrimental to my health when it doesn't.

I'm not stupid, and I doubt you are either, and yes, the rest is just me. I kinda dropped out of high school. I kinda didn't, I just failed one class and I don't feel like doing it, ever again, boring and all that stuff.

I think I have potential for a lot of stuff but I think I lack the motivation to go look or the needs to look, I don't know.

Sharing is caring.

Share your wealth with us!

Well, you're only one class off, so I'd assume that you'll be quite alright, and yeah, I agree with you, even though I don't know you, I would guess most people have potential, but just lack motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I like the way you think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Well, you're only one class off, so I'd assume that you'll be quite alright, and yeah, I agree with you, even though I don't know you, I would guess most people have potential, but just lack motivation.
    Actually, it's more like 3. Geometry, Philosophy and Portuguese. I didn't study anything, so go figure, I'm actually surprised I didn't failed any year lol.

Either way, yeah, I think most people of our age just lack motivation, I did! But it just strikes me as odd as to why we have a lack of motivation. Maybe we expect too much and lose confidence or the motivation to do something because it's too hard.

Maybe, it's Society, maybe the individual, hell, I have no idea..

10+ Year Old Account

The conversation is making me sad

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the reason I'm afraid right now. Is there even any market out there for young people? I mean, sure, there is, but I don't know, I just feel like there isn't much. I have no idea...

This sucks even more for me because I have literally no one, I know no one, I have 0 contacts and I just don't know how I would even get them since I doubt I'll ever go to Uni.

Well, I know we are young but I, atleast me, feel like I need to put my life straight, yes, at this young age I think like that, I don't think there isn't much choice, not for me, since my family is rather poor, not really poor, I guess we're lucky tbh compared to a lot of people out there, but I don't know.

I just feel like I have to do something and I don't know what, and I just want to find out that something as fast as possible since I'm sure it'll bring me happiness, which is more important for me than anything else.
    Believe me when I say you are just like many others and things will become clearer over time.

Hell, I'm 32 years old now, extremely sick, living off the government (because of my health), and have to live with my sister and her family because of all these things. I wake up each day wondering how I'll ever turn my life around and that's with blissfully ignoring that I'm soon to have another $200,000 to $300,000 in medical bills.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I'm ignoring it.

10+ Year Old Account

We're all moving in to your house and are going to live happily ever after.

Start making room for us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    My company would pay me to take courses if it had to do with my field of work. I didn't take them up on it at the time though because I was already working a ton and still trying to be an irresponsible (yet really responsible) young 20's guy.
    Like, university courses, or like, technical college courses?

Actually, it's more like 3. Geometry, Philosophy and Portuguese. I didn't study anything, so go figure, I'm actually surprised I didn't failed any year lol.

Either way, yeah, I think most people of our age just lack motivation, I did! But it just strikes me as odd as to why we have a lack of motivation. Maybe we expect too much and lose confidence or the motivation to do something because it's too hard.

Maybe, it's Society, maybe the individual, hell, I have no idea..

I don't know what causes it, and I don't know about you, but my lack of motivation comes from my fear of failure and my quick to give up attitude.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account

There is no room!

* panics!

Deleted
    Sorry. :<
    Believe me when I say you are just like many others and things will become clearer over time.

Hell, I'm 32 years old now, extremely sick, living off the government (because of my health), and have to live with my sister and her family because of all these things. I wake up each day wondering how I'll ever turn my life around and that's with blissfully ignoring that I'm soon to have another $200,000 to $300,000 in medical bills.
    I hope so, I see that happening but I would just like for that to happen, like soon...

And that sucks, that's a lot... :s

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no room!

* panics!
    Make room!
    I have a dog to play with Godiva and Bailey.

10+ Year Old Account

It's what I do.

It's situations like this that I wish the U.S. gave more support to people who need it. You seem to be a smart guy though and while (like everyone else in here) I haven't met you, my money is on you doing quite well.

^^ Also, we're hungry, make us food.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Make room!
    I have a dog to play with Godiva and Bailey.
    They'd eat your dog alive! Alive, I say!

^^ Also, we're hungry, make us food.
    All I haz is stale oreos

Deleted
    I don't know what causes it, and I don't know about you, but my lack of motivation comes from my fear of failure and my quick to give up attitude.
    I just feel bored about it. I hate it because some people don't really care. Too many people that teachers have to teach(30 students per class, big turn off for me). Teachers not caring.

So yeah, I don't know, I just wish that my education had been given by one person and that person teaching only me, but I doubt that would have been healthy for me since I wouldn't, supposedly, have social contact with others I guess.
    There is no room!

* panics!
    We'll make room!

10+ Year Old Account

They'll have a blast playing together

Deleted
    I know ze feel! I burnt out completely like 4 years ago and showed up to school half an hour before they even opened so I could sit outside and cry. I had to be ze best at everything since forever and I was so worried always. Eventually had a massive nervous breakdown.

I changed completely somehow though. I'm... Pretty care free.
    That sucks! >.<

I'm kinda care free to, I atleast try too, lol, I don't know, feels good for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like, university courses, or like, technical college courses?
    Either.

Anything that would have helped me be better at my job or at least had some relevance to my job. I could have taken math courses, English courses, different computer courses (not computer programming), and a few other fields. I wouldn't have been able to get them to pay for my full degree, but they would have paid for enough that I wouldn't have too much debt had I finished it off on my own.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account

All I haz is stale oreos
    GO BUY US FOODS!

I just feel bored about it. I hate it because some people don't really care. Too many people that teachers have to teach(30 students per class, big turn off for me). Teachers not caring.

So yeah, I don't know, I just wish that my education had been given by one person and that person teaching only me, but I doubt that would have been healthy for me since I wouldn't, supposedly, have social contact with others I guess.

We'll make room!
    If it was like that, then everyone would be a teacher. There's not enough people or enough money in the world to do that, unfortunately.

I know ze feel! I burnt out completely like 4 years ago and showed up to school half an hour before they even opened so I could sit outside and cry. I had to be ze best at everything since forever and I was so worried always. Eventually had a massive nervous breakdown.

I changed completely somehow though. I'm... Pretty care free.
    So having a massive nervous breakdown helped with that? HOORAY! I'll be fine!

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 08:04 PM ----------

Either.

Anything that would have helped me be better at my job or at least had some relevance to my job. I could have taken math courses, English courses, different computer courses (not computer programming), and a few other fields. I wouldn't have been able to get them to pay for my full degree, but they would have paid for enough that I wouldn't have too much debt had I finished it off on my own.
    That's actually pretty good. English, math, computer courses...wth was your job? 0.o

Something.