1. #55681
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I would stop that now. Sarcasm and jokes don't translate well over the internet remember.
    Oh yeah I forgot, making jokes isn't allowed on MMO-Champion.

  2. #55682
    Brewmaster Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arena, tryharding for Gladiator
    Posts
    1,272
    + 46

    Had a look at the cat that could move in with us yesterday. She's super cute God damn this other guy...

    Fancypantsberg
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  3. #55683
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I would stop that now. Sarcasm and jokes don't translate well over the internet remember.
    Wow.... really...?

  4. #55684
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Wow.... really...?
    Yes really. While the intended target of the joke might find it funny and know it was a joke, someone stumbling across this thread wouldn't know that and therefore infraction. Just doing my job here.

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  5. #55685
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Yes really. While the intended target of the joke might find it funny and know it was a joke, someone stumbling across this thread wouldn't know that and therefore infraction. Just doing my job here.
    Exactly why Joy was infracted the last time. Joy shouldn't have to ask "Wow.... really...?".

  6. #55686
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Yes really. While the intended target of the joke might find it funny and know it was a joke, someone stumbling across this thread wouldn't know that and therefore infraction. Just doing my job here.
    That "someone" shouldn't be offended since it wasn't even targeted at him. Hence no infraction You shouldn't just infract everything that gets reported.

    + 47

  7. #55687
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,198
    So how come no one that ever said "bork bork" was told to "lay it off"....?

  8. #55688
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    That "someone" shouldn't be offended since it wasn't even targeted at him. Hence no infraction You shouldn't just infract everything that gets reported.
    If you shout out a racist comment out in public.. it's allowed because it wasn't directed at someone specific?

    And there's plenty of bad material that goes by unreported. Mods are only doing their jobs.

  9. #55689
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    684
    STOP HAVING FUN IN FUN STUFF! IT'S NOT ALLOWED!

    c

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 12:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    So how come no one that ever said "bork bork" was told to "lay it off"....?
    bork bork bjorgenfjord

  10. #55690
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    If you shout out a racist comment out in public.. it's allowed because it wasn't directed at someone specific?

    And there's plenty of bad material that goes by unreported. Mods are only doing their jobs.
    I thought we were talking about jokes?

  11. #55691
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    That "someone" shouldn't be offended since it wasn't even targeted at him. Hence no infraction You shouldn't just infract everything that gets reported.
    Oh believe me we don't. It's a case by case basis with every report.

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  12. #55692
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I thought we were talking about jokes?
    What you consider a joke can still be seen as racist by someone else.
    Just like how he was joking about that homophobic word that he was infracted for last time.. yet someone stumbling across this thread could be offended by it.
    Look at it from another person's perspective; you're not the only person/group of people on this forum.

  13. #55693
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    If you shout out a racist comment out in public.. it's allowed because it wasn't directed at someone specific?

    And there's plenty of bad material that goes by unreported. Mods are only doing their jobs.
    Typing in a forum =/= shouting in public....

  14. #55694
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Oh believe me we don't. It's a case by case basis with every report.
    Oh. I misread that. My reading comprehension is derping.

    Not ever report is infracted. Some reports are down right stupid, but still have to be considered.

  15. #55695
    People get offended so easily over stupid things.

  16. #55696
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,198
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gravemind View Post
    People get offended so easily over stupid things.
    Don't say that, it might offend someone!

  17. #55697
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,721
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gravemind View Post
    People get offended so easily over stupid things.
    That's why the mods have to be strict about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Typing in a forum =/= shouting in public....
    So, this forum isn't public and a random forum goer can't stumble across this thread, right?
    My mistake.


    + 48.

  18. #55698
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    So, this forum isn't public and a random forum goer can't stumble across this thread, right?
    My mistake.
    So what you're saying is that all the things you've said here are stuff that's appropriate to shout out in public?

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 12:35 PM ----------

    + 49

  19. #55699
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    So what you're saying is that all the things you've said here are stuff that's appropriate to shout out in public?
    Of course not, but you should know better than to openly air offensive comments.

    It's not the first time you've received an infraction. It shouldn't take you that long to get a point.

  20. #55700
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    That's why the mods have to be strict about it.
    No, that's why mods should be more lenient. I could go on a reporting spree because I find people saying rouge instead of rogue offensive, knowing some mods here they would really infract it.
    If this trend persists we could as well close the forum, because in time even creating a thread with an opinion in it would be seen as offensive.

    + 50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •