1. #55701
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    Of course not, but you should know better than to openly air offensive comments.

    It's not the first time you've received an infraction. It shouldn't take you that long to get a point.
    Just as you have done, on multiple occasions? Or is it just when you get the chance to play Mr High-horse you start following the rules?

    I get the point, I just don't agree with it.

  2. #55702
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    No, that's why mods should be more lenient. I could go on a reporting spree because I find people saying rouge instead of rogue offensive, knowing some mods here they would really infract it.
    If this trend persists we could as well close the forum, because in time even creating a thread with an opinion in it would be seen as offensive.
    You're jumping to an extreme to prove your point.
    Moderators are mindless beings with no opportunity to think for themselves, right?
    They have common sense. They're not going to infract for ridiculous reasons.

  3. #55703
    Bloodsail Admiral Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where PvP is
    Posts
    1,235
    I'm all for open discussion about stuff and I like that people actually bother puting their thoughts in instead of chickening out, but there are better times to do this than on a saturday morning :|
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  4. #55704
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Just as you have done, on multiple occasions? Or is it just when you get the chance to play Mr High-horse you start following the rules?

    I get the point, I just don't agree with it.
    Find me an example of me airing an offensive comment, or using derogatory language here.
    Please.

  5. #55705
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    You're jumping to an extreme to prove your point.
    Moderators are mindless beings with no opportunity to think for themselves, right?
    They have common sense. They're not going to infract for ridiculous reasons.
    That's the point, you can go to the extreme and still have people get infracted for the most anal and stupid things, as long as you report it, just because the rules gets followed way to strictly.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 12:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    Find me an example of me airing an offensive comment, or using derogatory language here.
    Please.
    The times you've mad fun of me being overweight.

  6. #55706
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    That's the point, you can go to the extreme and still have people get infracted for the most anal and stupid things, as long as you report it, just because the rules gets followed way to strictly.
    A post doesn't have to be reported for it to be infracted.
    All you need is an attentive moderator with a brain.
    Shockingly, they all come like that!

    + 1.

  7. #55707
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    A post doesn't have to be reported for it to be infracted.
    All you need is an attentive moderator with a brain.
    Shockingly, they all come like that!
    If you're saying all people with a brain are capable of making rational decisions then I don't know what to say you.

  8. #55708
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    You're jumping to an extreme to prove your point.
    Moderators are mindless beings with no opportunity to think for themselves, right?
    They have common sense. They're not going to infract for ridiculous reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    That's the point, you can go to the extreme and still have people get infracted for the most anal and stupid things, as long as you report it, just because the rules gets followed way to strictly.
    ^
    I'm not going to do it of course, since I don't want to see people get infracted for nothing. But things like that have happened..

  9. #55709
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    If you're saying all people with a brain are capable of making rational decisions then I don't know what to say you.
    Because they let any sort of person become a moderator, right?
    Wrong.

    P.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    Find me an example of me airing an offensive comment, or using derogatory language here.
    Please.


    ---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 11:49 AM ----------

    Fuck, seriously, if you have a problem, PM an admin (Sunshine or Bibi) and they can deal with the mod.

  10. #55710
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    Because they let any sort of person become a moderator, right?
    Wrong.
    They let you be a mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    P.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    The times you've mad fun of me being overweight.

  11. #55711
    Bloodsail Admiral Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where PvP is
    Posts
    1,235
    Joy's overweight?
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  12. #55712
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    They let you be a mod
    Have you seen the way I posted when I was a moderator? I went full derp and got a couple of infractions after I stepped down.

    And where were those comments made? On Skype.

  13. #55713
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Joy's overweight?
    I am?
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    Have you seen the way I posted when I was a moderator? I went full derp and got a couple of infractions after I stepped down.
    Which kinda proves that you just have to become a mod and after that you can do a lot of shit until you get demoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    And where were those comments made? On Skype.
    And here, I wont go and search for them, but if you seriously tell me you've never said anything offensive, or using derogatory language then you clearly are just ignoring the truth....

  14. #55714
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Which kinda proves that you just have to become a mod and after that you can do a lot of shit until you get demoted.
    Demoted?
    I stepped down. Because I didn't have the time to mod anymore.
    Then I started getting my infractions and lost all access.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 11:57 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Joy's overweight?
    He claims.

  15. #55715
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,576
    + 2

  16. #55716
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,720
    + 3.

  17. #55717
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    He claims.
    Wow, really?

  18. #55718
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    No, that's why mods should be more lenient. I could go on a reporting spree because I find people saying rouge instead of rogue offensive, knowing some mods here they would really infract it.
    If this trend persists we could as well close the forum, because in time even creating a thread with an opinion in it would be seen as offensive.
    Actually if you spam report posts for things like that, we'd be more like to infract you. BUT we would still go through your reports and make a decision on if said posts were infractable or not. We might not be happy about it, but we still would.

    Now, much as I want to stay and wade into further discussion about this, my future in-laws are literally minutes away and I have to go. If you really do have issues with moderation, I advise you to get in contact Sunshine or any other admin, or bring it up with Arlee/Darsithis next time they pop up.

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  19. #55719
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Wow, really?
    Where else did I get it from?

    Anyways, I've gotta go for a bit. Follow the rules and be nice, positive posters.
    Bye for now.
    xoxo

  20. #55720
    Smile! Migari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    u ma xoxo L O V E
    Posts
    5,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    ^
    I'm not going to do it of course, since I don't want to see people get infracted for nothing. But things like that have happened..
    Which is why we have the Ban Appeal forum. If you get infracted for something stupid it's going to get reversed.
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    <Anakso> I'd fuck yonghwa because he's so dreamy but that doesn't make me gay

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •