Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    pOO, you need to verify your definition of Hipster.
    -Longview text here-

You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    pOO! Did you get my link on Steam earlier!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen Fries. Ahahahaha. Wow. Sorry. Too funny.
    Stephen fry is awesome!

Post 30k this time!

You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    -Longview text here-

I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post
    I can't find anything I want to play D:
    ill teach you dota2 if you want

-Longview text here-
    “Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings onto others.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.´

+ 22

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Stephen fry is awesome!
    I hate the guy, but that wasn't my point.

Instead of you saying "Stephen Fry's", you said "Stephen Fries". That's what I found comical.

Longview posted it now, Ely

Btw that thread got deleted or something?

+23

Oh, that text.

Elyaan the Pleb.

I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the guy, but that wasn't my point.

Instead of you saying "Stephen Fry's", you said "Stephen Fries". That's what I found comical.
    Oh, well shush I'm tired and need to go to work soon :<

Deleted
    Nothing wakes you up better than a glass of bull piss. On that note, drink a Red Bull!

Also, anyone played Arkham City? Is it worth the download (20GB)?
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-01-08 at 12:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Also, anyone played Arkham City? Is it worth the download (20GB)?
    I loved it, but it's short unless you try to 100% it with all the Riddler stuff.

Oh, I'm fine with that, LV. I just find it silly being called a hipster for following/being part of social networking and stating a blatant fact that the gaming community and geek/nerd culture are socially awkward and inept by default (again, not all of you, but a good chunk, etcetc).

Oh well. I need to pee.

Oh, I'm fine with that, LV. I just find it silly being called a hipster for following/being part of social networking and stating a blatant fact that the gaming community and geek/nerd culture are socially awkward and inept by default (again, not all of you, but a good chunk, etcetc).

Oh well. I need to pee.
    what

Btw that thread got deleted or something?
    what thread

+ 23

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post
    I loved it, but it's short unless you try to 100% it with all the Riddler stuff.
    Well, skyrim was a pretty short game as well. After 1 year I still play it! I always do stuff 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    what
    Check pOO's quotes in that post (ignore the bolded hashtag stuff, he added them in).

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 01:01 AM ----------

And I'm gonna try and sleep since I have to be up in 5 hours.

Night. Again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Stephen fries auto-biography is amazing

For me, anything about science. Specifically space/planets etc or interesting periods of history (i.e not WW2)
    I specify not WW2 because if you go to the history section of a book store there are so many god damn WW2 books.
    I love history books or at least, I loved reading the history text books we used to get in school, though I don't know how that would compare to an actual history book. Though if I ever wanted any WW2 books, I'd just ask my best friend, he's a HUGE WW2 nerd (i.e. he's read Mein Kampf 4 or 5 times now).

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

+24

Night Ely #8

There was a thread with that text, Long.

There was a thread with that text, Long.
    yeah it has been posted in lots of threads

+ 25

Deleted
    +26

There is a ghost post sneaking around here! I keep getting *New post(Barbara551)* but it's not here o.o

Has to be very powerful magic fueling this illusion.