Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Hit by a 265k insta cast followed by a 165k insta cast through icebound as a DK with low mobility to get 20 yards to pillar in time killed my arena aspirations this season =(

  2. #82
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,313
    Its burst every 2 mins, might it be too strong when all stars align? Yes a few times.
    Since BLZ made affliction unviable and destro is meh & mo0, sure nerf chaos wave when we get another spec that is viable for pvp.
    Demo without that burst is useless as anyone know since its all 2.5s casts and nothing else.

  3. #83
    nerfed already thx alot qq kids....

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Its burst every 2 mins, might it be too strong when all stars align? Yes a few times.
    Since BLZ made affliction unviable and destro is meh & mo0, sure nerf chaos wave when we get another spec that is viable for pvp.
    Demo without that burst is useless as anyone know since its all 2.5s casts and nothing else.
    Demo can burst like fuck every 2 minutes. Warrior can burst once every 5. Guess who got hit by the nerfbat first.

  5. #85
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Demo can burst like fuck every 2 minutes. Warrior can burst once every 5. Guess who got hit by the nerfbat first.
    Demo cant do shit in between, 2.5s cast time on spells.

    Dont get me wrong, chaos wave outliners hit too hard but my point is that warlocks got no valid spec outside the BURST of demo not demo itself as a spec.
    Affliction blows
    Destruction blows
    Demo outside CD's blows

    So no, warriors are way better off, if it matters at all? We are after balance, arent we all?
    Also, warrior representation vs warlock, is it 17% vs 6%?
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-12-03 at 11:53 PM.

  6. #86
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post19314414

    justice is done

    I agree btw that locks need something to compensate

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post19314414

    justice is done

    I agree btw that locks need something to compensate
    Well i guess its time to go back to druid until they fix so any warlock spec is actually viable again

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Well i guess its time to go back to druid until they fix so any warlock spec is actually viable again
    Good choice. Demo was a retarded spec that only allowed for a 1 shot period of like 10 seconds every 2 minutes, outside of it it was blatantly week (which doesn't justify the 250k crits, obviously) and affliction is pretty sub-par even though it's not even that bad if played properly. Kind of like ret has been for ages but even worse because it had less sustained and more burst than ret used to. I do think warlocks deserve a proper viable spec, as does every class.

    Might actually start playing the game again, can probably bare frost bombs critting 150k and FFBs 100k now that my warrior has the heroic Sha touched axe hihi.

  9. #89
    Dreadlord aeir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    most places, recently
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post19314414

    justice is done

    I agree btw that locks need something to compensate
    I agree that locks need something to compensate with, and I guess we just need a frost bomb nerf as well.
    in depth.

  10. #90
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,313
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    I agree that locks need something to compensate with, and I guess we just need a frost bomb nerf as well.
    Locks never get compensation. That is why mages are the all time fotm/favoured class in WoW.
    Locks have to fight for their pvp/pve perfromace while mages just push the "lit" key and profit.

    Older players know that and still play mage or warlock knowing it, problem arrive when the new players start to play and suddenly demand that they need to get everything handed on a plate.

    WoW's history has shown that playing a mage is just that, regardless of PvP or PvE

    Locks just lost their only viable PvP spec, the ONLY one, without any compensation.
    A nuddle hitting 2min cd and 2,5s cast time on the rest.
    Wonder how that plays out vs frost/fire spellbook in PvP

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Locks just lost their only viable PvP spec, the ONLY one, without any compensation.
    A nuddle hitting 2min cd and 2,5s cast time on the rest.
    For the greater good, though. I know it's never fun to have your class pretty much disabled entirely but relying on a ridiculous spec that was obviously broken wasn't right either. If you can play other classes too I'm sure you'll have a lot more fun now not getting shat on by demo locks. It's not fair and they need to fix it now that they've found and mended the problem but still, better that they find out a way to make locks work with chaos wave not being insane than with it being.

  12. #92
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    For the greater good, though. I know it's never fun to have your class pretty much disabled entirely but relying on a ridiculous spec that was obviously broken wasn't right either. If you can play other classes too I'm sure you'll have a lot more fun now not getting shat on by demo locks. It's not fair and they need to fix it now that they've found and mended the problem but still, better that they find out a way to make locks work with chaos wave not being insane than with it being.

    That is the stigma about warlocks. Warlocks always been top within PvP in the top 1%.
    The rest can just fuck off, just like any mage can spec frost and faceroll to 2000+ rating.
    That is BLZ's biggest problem with PvP and PvE, how do you reward skill? So far they have chosen to not reward it at all, which is blatently obvious when it comes to the mage playerbase overall. Fire PvE, auto cleave, single target (AoE), Arcane 3-button spec, PvP - roll frost. Etc etc.

    Is it a problem? Not really, as long as they balance accordingly which they sadly does not :/

  13. #93
    Justified, but it sucks that locks dont have much else to work with.

    It just doenst feel like it would be difficult to make affliction viable again. Make malefic grasp a fire spell for interrupt protection, make UA dispel hit twice as hard, and make afflic dots apply a 25% MS or something. None of that would affect PvE in the slightest, wouldnt take too much effort, and it would help affliction a ton. The lock toolkit is still amazing.

  14. #94
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,313
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Justified, but it sucks that locks dont have much else to work with.

    It just doenst feel like it would be difficult to make affliction viable again. Make malefic grasp a fire spell for interrupt protection, make UA dispel hit twice as hard, and make afflic dots apply a 25% MS or something. None of that would affect PvE in the slightest, wouldnt take too much effort, and it would help affliction a ton. The lock toolkit is still amazing.
    Apart from Wrath destro 2 months, warlocks never had anything but affe.
    I think most players, regardless of class agree that having at least one viable spec in pvp is enough.
    Even better if it is balanced. As of now warlocks have none.
    CW may have hit too hard at some time. good - nerf it but give some compensation considering the spec only got 2,5s cast time spells left.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-12-04 at 02:05 AM.

  15. #95
    Stood in the Fire NPSlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    388
    I just heard that wow pvp might just actually be saved, in the form of CW nerfs.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

  16. #96
    Aaand Warlock goes back to being a CC-bot. Meanwhile the whiners will simply move on and complain about the next ability ad infinitum.

    Nadagast's post about the state of warlocks in the official forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3267997?page=1

    Even before the Chaos Wave nerf, Veev said that he barely saw any warlocks in high-end PVP anymore.

  17. #97
    Nerfed. Shame locks aren't even on the OP list. Good job kids on all the crying though. I guess dying to a warrior every 10s is fine but dying to a lock every 2min was bad?

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Aaand Warlock goes back to being a CC-bot. Meanwhile the whiners will simply move on and complain about the next ability ad infinitum.

    Nadagast's post about the state of warlocks in the official forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3267997?page=1

    Even before the Chaos Wave nerf, Veev said that he barely saw any warlocks in high-end PVP anymore.
    You are speaking to deaf ears. This forum is filled with bads who never seen the other side of 1500 rating although they say they have.
    Even moderators insist on giving in to the whining with all these kids. Im wondering why im even coming back to read these forums since
    at the end of the day im either just sick n tired of all the shit thats on here or im frustrated that its impossible to have a decent conversation
    without some douche answering all my arguments with "umadbro" or "ujelly". MMO-Champion has become a shit community and its sad.

  19. #99
    If you can play other classes too I'm sure you'll have a lot more fun now not getting shat on by demo locks.
    Demo locks above 2k2 are very rare, actually casters in general are very rare since 5.1, half the teams are War/Feral/Heal, then it's the other melee cleave and sometimes you have the occasonial caster (42 game of 3v3, 3 casters dps, seriously)

    So when I met a Demolock on the other end, it was like a breath of fresh air

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Aaand Warlock goes back to being a CC-bot. Meanwhile the whiners will simply move on and complain about the next ability ad infinitum.

    Nadagast's post about the state of warlocks in the official forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3267997?page=1

    Even before the Chaos Wave nerf, Veev said that he barely saw any warlocks in high-end PVP anymore.
    i've seen nothing but MLS, and WLS for the past hour. my rating isn't even that impressive right now.

    locks have really only ever had one season that they weren't so hot, ever. they've had some of the best representation of any class for the entire history of arena. there is nothing wrong with being a cc bot, the lock's control arsenal is is a very large part of what makes locks so very good at arena, possibly even more important then their damage.

    the dispel change kind of screwed afflic i agree, i hate to say it, but they need to buff UA's mechanic in some way to protect the dots a little more effectively. i remember reading somewhere that they wanted to get away from the dispel protection dots like UA and VT, but i'm not entirely sure thats necessary ( but then i'm not entirely sure why the dispel change was necessary in the first place).

    maybe make the backlash hit a bit harder? that wouldn't result in any pve issues, maybe a dot can be dispeled off something if it was applied after UA but not before, or maybe a glyph like dks have that reduces its damage but makes it undispellable? i don't know.

    honestly? i kind of miss the sustained lock pressure from seasons past.

    they need to make drain comps and pressure comps more viable somehow instead of making everyone rely on absurd burst.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •