Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,646
    Haha this is redicilous. Its the same crap with moonkins.

    Remember when their starfall chainstunned and put people out of stealth?

    Moonkins: Why nerf it, we arent even viable in arena.

    Solution: Remove arena so we can balance the game.
    Blizzfanboyh4t3rforever

  2. #102
    Guess that puts warlocks in a similar position to rogues and hunters. Can we do mages next pls?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  3. #103
    Listen devs:
    Only with gosac, demon soul and a chance of 1/80 having a double crit. The shouldn't nerve chaos wave but instead make gosac a dot for all specs for the strongest abilities. Haunt, chaos wave, chaos bolt. Make the dot undispellable and stackable and be affected by pandemic. A chaos wave crits for 140k on 60% resit targets with a mere 10-15% crit chance (once every 2-2.5minutes). That doesnt make it OP because you can easily prevent it too.Its sad they destroyed demo lock's chaos wave that are specced in all grimoire talents.Whoever suggested and approved this change really has to dispite locks in arena right now.-Hope karma does its part and kill these persons in question.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Demo locks above 2k2 are very rare, actually casters in general are very rare since 5.1, half the teams are War/Feral/Heal, then it's the other melee cleave and sometimes you have the occasonial caster (42 game of 3v3, 3 casters dps, seriously)

    So when I met a Demolock on the other end, it was like a breath of fresh air
    lol casters are very rare? godcomp would like to have a word with you

  5. #105
    Back to a miserable PvP class. Seriously, what a shitty band-aid fix to PvP. Chaos Wave was retarded, but so was the whole design of demonology and warlocks in PvP. The change didn't evven look like it was thought through. Still waiting for a Frost Bomb nerf though, if that'll ever happen. Where's the logic of having a spec generate resources for one minute in order to burst while doing miserable sustained damage, only to do as much damage as other specs that can burst from the start, without even having to manage a resource that's needed for other things? Yes it's shitty and unbalanced design, but does it have to be gutted on the depended aspect and kept intact on the other?
    Destruction cataclysm arena video

  6. #106
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,624
    Big congratulations to all whiners, demonology is now totally useless.
    Love you so much... time to reroll /sigh

    EDIT:
    Listen devs:
    Only with gosac, demon soul and a chance of 1/80 having a double crit. The shouldn't nerve chaos wave but instead make gosac a dot for all specs for the strongest abilities. Haunt, chaos wave, chaos bolt. Make the dot undispellable and stackable and be affected by pandemic. A chaos wave crits for 140k on 60% resit targets with a mere 10-15% crit chance (once every 2-2.5minutes). That doesnt make it OP because you can easily prevent it too.Its sad they destroyed demo lock's chaos wave that are specced in all grimoire talents.Whoever suggested and approved this change really has to dispite locks in arena right now.-Hope karma does its part and kill these persons in question.
    Chaos wave already places a dot on the target so yeah, can't really have em place a 2nd dot as well.
    Secondly, mage developer is taking care of locks, the same guy that never nerfs frost mages, even when everyone complains...

    But ye, chance of critting twice for that hard was extremely small and the 30% nerf is totally not justified.

    lol casters are very rare? godcomp would like to have a word with you
    Aside from frost mages and a shadowpriest now and then, you really don't see any casterss, high ranked arena is full of warriors...
    Last edited by Nicola; 2012-12-04 at 03:17 PM.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Big congratulations to all whiners, demonology is now totally useless.
    Love you so much... time to reroll /sigh

    EDIT:


    Chaos wave already places a dot on the target so yeah, can't really have em place a 2nd dot as well.
    Secondly, mage developer is taking care of locks, the same guy that never nerfs frost mages, even when everyone complains...

    But ye, chance of critting twice for that hard was extremely small and the 30% nerf is totally not justified.



    Aside from frost mages and a shadowpriest now and then, you really don't see any casterss, high ranked arena is full of warriors...
    Time to reroll because you can't one shot people anymore.. oh the joy, bet you reroll when a class stops being fotm too? people like you is why pvp is terrible.

  8. #108
    I wish all you pvpnabs would stfu with your whining that ruins all my fun in pve.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    why did you feel the need to capitalize jesus... and add a period at the end of your sentence, but be too fkn stupid to put in a comma?

    you're the cutest kind of ironic.

    Jesus isn't dumb, friend. But you are a great pally!
    Because Jesus was the start of the sentence and is also a name. Trying to correct grammar because you know you're wrong, gg.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignotus View Post
    I wish all you pvpnabs would stfu with your whining that ruins all my fun in pve.
    The DPS hasn't really changed drastically though, how has it affected your pve fun?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignotus View Post
    I wish all you pvpnabs would stfu with your whining that ruins all my fun in pve.
    Chaos wave nerf did literally nothing to your PvE. It freed warlocks from having to play a goofy-ass spec that was only really fun every two minutes, and felt cheap anyhow.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    Time to reroll because you can't one shot people anymore.. oh the joy, bet you reroll when a class stops being fotm too? people like you is why pvp is terrible.
    More like time to reroll because warlock doesnt have a single viable spec anymore

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post
    Chaos wave nerf did literally nothing to your PvE. It freed warlocks from having to play a goofy-ass spec that was only really fun every two minutes, and felt cheap anyhow.
    I do agree with this.

    the problem is OP demo kept warlocks head above water, made the waiting for Blizzard to fix affliction which is utterly and entirely broken and unviable a little easier.
    It didnt happen though and all 3 specs are equally bad now. Not one single reason to bring the warlock to the team if you can take an equal player on his shadowpriest instead. Unfortunately warlocks do not enjoy the luxury of being able to respec healing and having arena viability guaranteed at all times.
    And not every player interested in playing dps exclusively for competetive pvp can be a warrior... although it sure feels that way sometimes doesnt it

  14. #114
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,624
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    Time to reroll because you can't one shot people anymore.. oh the joy, bet you reroll when a class stops being fotm too? people like you is why pvp is terrible.
    I got 6x gladiator on my warlock, before warlocks could win the lottery and 2shot people.
    Yeah, I'm totally a fotm reroller. /sarcasm
    If affliction and destruction were actually viable in PvP, I wouldn't give a fuck about the nerf, the only reason I care is because it was the very last thing keeping warlocks viable.

    I won't reroll my class any time, however, I've already been asked by my team already to play my druid instead of my lock, simply because warlock doesn't bring anything to arena anymore.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I got 6x gladiator on my warlock, before warlocks could win the lottery and 2shot people.
    Yeah, I'm totally a fotm reroller. /sarcasm
    If affliction and destruction were actually viable in PvP, I wouldn't give a fuck about the nerf, the only reason I care is because it was the very last thing keeping warlocks viable.

    I won't reroll my class any time, however, I've already been asked by my team already to play my druid instead of my lock, simply because warlock doesn't bring anything to arena anymore.
    As ive said before. Dont try to reason with these fkn kids. They are either mentally handicapped or just really fkn dumb. Waste of time to try a real discussion.

  16. #116
    CW was overpowered. An ability critting for 60%-80% of a player's health, stars aligned or not, is blatantly unbalanced. This refers to CW, 5-stack TFB, and so on.

    If you're the multi-glad you claim you are, you'd be opposing dumbed down instant cast high burst abilities and encouraging strategic play instead. Don't get me wrong, they could use compensation in other areas. But defending a class that revolves around storing up energy for one ability (CW) is just silly.

    By your logic every class deserves a passive bonus to instantly hit for 300K on a fully geared player. Maybe it's only 1% chance, or even 0.5%. It would still be horrible game design. No one has an "agenda" to nerf locks (seriously, who the heck does that?) but you'll see most posts here are proponents of game balance, not nerfing locks into oblivion.

    The lock-is-underrepresented argument is moot. Representation is decided by FOTMers who were probably playing their warriors and mages and were too slow leveling lock alts.

    Blizzard nerfs based on their data sets and monitoring, not by forum QQ. No need to attack people who don't agree a 220K hit ability is fair and balanced, no matter if it's rare or not.

  17. #117
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    CW was overpowered. An ability critting for 60%-80% of a player's health, stars aligned or not, is blatantly unbalanced. This refers to CW, 5-stack TFB, and so on.

    If you're the multi-glad you claim you are, you'd be opposing dumbed down instant cast high burst abilities and encouraging strategic play instead. Don't get me wrong, they could use compensation in other areas. But defending a class that revolves around storing up energy for one ability (CW) is just silly.

    By your logic every class deserves a passive bonus to instantly hit for 300K on a fully geared player. Maybe it's only 1% chance, or even 0.5%. It would still be horrible game design. No one has an "agenda" to nerf locks (seriously, who the heck does that?) but you'll see most posts here are proponents of game balance, not nerfing locks into oblivion.

    The lock-is-underrepresented argument is moot. Representation is decided by FOTMers who were probably playing their warriors and mages and were too slow leveling lock alts.

    Blizzard nerfs based on their data sets and monitoring, not by forum QQ. No need to attack people who don't agree a 220K hit ability is fair and balanced, no matter if it's rare or not.
    Uh what?
    In order for chaoswave to ever hit that hard, you are forced to run with a gimmick build using grimoire of sacrifice. Where you literary sacrifice all your damage to make it possible, if stars align and your oppenents don't pop anything defensive at all, something which doesn't happen at higher ratings.

    There are always going to be ways to make certain abilities hit very hard by using "special builds" while stars align and playing against clueless players.
    Chaoswave was one of those abilities, but there are so many abilities where this is possible with; bladestorm for protection warriors for example;

    I've said myself that chaoswave is very strong but it's not overpowered in arena, only baddies considered it as overpowered.
    It would have been a lot better if they nerfed the aoe part of it instead of nerfing the spell soo badly that it's just plain useless now.

    Also, I'm not saying that I like the way how demonology worked in PvP ( see my usage of past, demo is useless now), but it was the only thing that made warlocks viable in PvP. It's logical you are going to defend that last bit of viability.

    I wouldn't have minded if they nerfed the damage and cost by say 20% and allowed us to cast it trice instead of twice. In the end it would still do the same amount of damage, but the chance of getting 3 crits in a low is pretty damn low so it would balance the damage out a bit.
    Or instead of having x amount of targets being hit for 100% damage, have every target being hit for: dmg% = 100% / (1.25^x-1)
    This way it's less punishing when you are stacked.

    Instead they nerfed the whole ability by 33%, which is more like a 50% nerf due the way of how cooldownstacking works, rendering the whole spec useless.

    EDIT: from what I've heard, it's not even nerfed because of arena but because of rbg teams stacking demonology warlocks and using dks and druids to stack people on 1 spot so the warlocks could finish them quickly.
    So honestly, I still don't think a flat 33% nerf is justified. If they just nerfed the "aoe" of it, it would have been so much better, since really, some abilities should be allowed to hit that hard
    Last edited by Nicola; 2012-12-05 at 01:50 AM.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    As ive said before. Dont try to reason with these fkn kids. They are either mentally handicapped or just really fkn dumb. Waste of time to try a real discussion.
    lol, just lol.

    hope you're just a bad troll

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    Time to reroll because you can't one shot people anymore.. oh the joy, bet you reroll when a class stops being fotm too? people like you is why pvp is terrible.
    You do realise that you cant open with double chaos( i meant pre nerf), as with destro you need to remp up and get embers, furthermore anyone thats halfway decent will cc you as soon as you op demon soul. Rogues can even stealth out of chaos waves; theres no rogues playing arena atm , but you know what I mean. Not saying killing people full cd free casting in 2 globals from 70% isn't op. But it is all we have every 2 minutes, we got chaos bolt nerfed and our rof stun removed, and now insane QQ has made that Chaos wave got nerfed to absolute shit, only reason we play demo is cause casting does no damage at all and has no benefit. So dots and FF is the only way to go more or less and trust me noone likes playing demo, opposed to a viable affli or maybe a not constantly nerfed/altered destro.

    Theres nothing FOTM about demo its a spec we are forced to play so melee stay away and dont cleave us down. But I guess 200k is op compared to warriors who do that dmg post nerf, while being able to stun/fear/interrupt. They should just remove on use trinkets and make casting a spell worthwhile again.

    Noone will play demo style cd specs, also for balance sake take a look at symbiosis ( bubble for ferals?) and perhaps frost mage burst, ( maybe alter time is a bit sick when u can open like a mage can?)

    It feels like this expansion its all about wlocks in pve and pvp is just so mediocre compared to melee classes.

    On the plus side the nerf means we can open with 2 chaos waves, but rerolled destro in the mean time. Sorry needed to vent
    Last edited by impfernal; 2012-12-05 at 03:15 AM.

  20. #120
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,624
    Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    You do realise that you cant open with double chaos( i meant pre nerf), as with destro you need to remp up and get embers, furthermore anyone thats halfway decent will cc you as soon as you op demon soul. Rogues can even stealth out of chaos waves; theres no rogues playing arena atm , but you know what I mean. Not saying killing people full cd free casting in 2 globals from 70% isn't op. But it is all we have every 2 minutes, we got chaos bolt nerfed and our rof stun removed, and now insane QQ has made that Chaos wave got nerfed to absolute shit, only reason we play demo is cause casting does no damage at all and has no benefit. So dots and FF is the only way to go more or less and trust me noone likes playing demo, opposed to a viable affli or maybe a not constantly nerfed/altered destro.

    Theres nothing FOTM about demo its a spec we are forced to play so melee stay away and dont cleave us down. But I guess 200k is op compared to warriors who do that dmg post nerf, while being able to stun/fear/interrupt. They should just remove on use trinkets and make casting a spell worthwhile again.

    Noone will play demo style cd specs, also for balance sake take a look at symbiosis ( bubble for ferals?) and perhaps frost mage burst, ( maybe alter time is a bit sick when u can open like a mage can?)

    It feels like this expansion its all about wlocks in pve and pvp is just so mediocre compared to melee classes.

    On the plus side the nerf means we can open with 2 chaos waves, but rerolled destro in the mean time. Sorry needed to vent
    Can I hug you?

    As soon as warlocks get something nice, everyone starts whining about how overpowered it is till none of our speces are viable anymore; like now.

    As for symbiosis, I agree it's stupidly unbalanced, some classes get amazing/overpowered skills, while other get the most useless things...
    guardian druids get lifetap, lolwut?

    As for alter time, I have to disagree on you though. While a good mage can do some sick stuff with it, the average mage has no clue how to use it properly.

    And honestly, I don't see the point of being able to cast 2 chaoswaves at the start when they still hit like wet noodles with cooldowns up. Chaos wave was used as finisher anyway, not as main burst. It were always mages / warriors that brought targets low enough so the warlock just had to pop his cooldowns and land his chaoswaves, making it nearly impossible to survive if executed properly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •