Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Friend zoned a girl I know.

I'll cut to the chase, today I was visiting the town near me and I was looking around restaurants for a new employer and a friend I know bumped into me as I walked out of a shop.

We hadn't seen in a few weeks and she asked for my contact details so I did. (Worst mistake ever)

A few hours later I started receiving texts how "I've always loved you" "You are so sexy please get with me" "If you don't get with me I don't know what I'll do"

I started thinking what the hell we've been friends for like three years and then all of a sudden this so I replied "Sorry but we can only ever be friends"

Then I didn't receive a text for two hours then all of a sudden "Please get with me I can't live without you I'm crying so much" with another 5x of them sort of texts........

My god how do you deal with this? I've tried ignoring but she wont stop texting, I've messaged a few more times saying I'm not interested and all the other stuff...

She isn't attractive either I wouldn't even want to have sex with her let alone a relationship she's only friend material.

Anyone else had a situation like this which makes you feel bad and angry?

I've even got the texts sitting on my phone as well..

Deleted
    She sounds very clingy, you are better off without her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, just be nice and tell her I'm not interested in having you as my girlfriend and pray she doesn't go nuts. There isn't much else. In b4 be mean to her.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

She sounds like she is having mental issues at the moment.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP2hekB4H_8

EDIT: ah, too late. All the emotion doctors and awesome-know-it-all police are here...

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-01 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell your not interested and too stop calling, but she probably won't so ignore the calls.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I forgot to mention she asked me if I wanted to go for a coffee/tea with her and did because I thought it was just friends (She paid after I said I'll pay for my stuff)....

Eugh

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like she has strong feelings for you but you can't reciprocate those feelings because you don't feel the same. You're most likely better off with out her and for your benefit, should end things between the two of you or make clear the terms between the two of you(CLEAR: Make sure she won't think this is just a defense mechanism to flirt with her and deny it!).

Try to give her the news as softly as possible... Emotions are fragile.

1) Try to be as honest as possible. Think about how much you hate being lied to and deceived.
    2) Try to give a reason why. People in her position are dying for a reason, at least, if denied. If you leave her hanging, she will cling to this issue for a long time and possibly never truly get over it. It may sound like I'm exaggerating this, but I'm not. She needs conclusion. Severe psychological issues develop from things like this, so let's try to avoid that.
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2012-12-01 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    I'll cut to the chase, today I was visiting the town near me and I was looking around restaurants for a new employer and a friend I know bumped into me as I walked out of a shop.

We hadn't seen in a few weeks and she asked for my contact details so I did. (Worst mistake ever)

A few hours later I started receiving texts how "I've always loved you" "You are so sexy please get with me" "If you don't get with me I don't know what I'll do"

I started thinking what the hell we've been friends for like three years and then all of a sudden this so I replied "Sorry but we can only ever be friends"

Then I didn't receive a text for two hours then all of a sudden "Please get with me I can't live without you I'm crying so much" with another 5x of them sort of texts........

My god how do you deal with this? I've tried ignoring but she wont stop texting, I've messaged a few more times saying I'm not interested and all the other stuff...

She isn't attractive either I wouldn't even want to have sex with her let alone a relationship she's only friend material.

Anyone else had a situation like this which makes you feel bad and angry?

I've even got the texts sitting on my phone as well..
    Sounds to me like she's just swinging around a sack full of crazy.

For the fences, at that.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Sounds to me like she's just swinging around a sack full of crazy.

For the fences, at that.

We'l never understand girls.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You don't get much more honest than "Sorry but we can only ever be friends", so I'd say you've done your part. You don't owe her any sort of relationship or anything, so I'd say just blow her off and don't worry about her. Your only real responsibility at this point is to not give her any false hope to make her feel better in the short term. Even if she threatens herself (which wouldn't surprise me after "I don't know what I'll do"), that's not your problem. Just call the police or something and forget her.

As for my opinion of her, she sounds annoying and clingy and God help you if you ever cave and date her just to get her to shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    We'l never understand girls.
    If its any consolation, we think men are crazy too :P we're just better dressed.

you don't have ignore on telephone or what? she sounds like Stalkersan just avoid it completely.

BTW your avatar is fitting for this topic or trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you let her know how uncomfortable this sudden outpouring of affection from her has made you? I think that's just as important as telling her you're not interested in anything beyond a platonic level (which you've already done). At this point, she needs a not-so-subtle hint that not only are you not interested in her romantic pursuit but that she's risking your friendship if she doesn't back off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasierith View Post
    if its any consolation, we think men are crazy too we're just better dressed.

oh yeah...well...you're..........a noob

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my tip, when I run into old friends who are girls and seem clingy... I don't give them the slightest idea that to think that I like them... "oh anon, come over here and sit next to me" "I think I'm good."
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    Have you let her know how uncomfortable this sudden outpouring of affection from her has made you? I think that's just as important as telling her you're not interested in anything beyond a platonic level (which you've already done). At this point, she needs a not-so-subtle hint that not only are you not interested in her romantic pursuit but that she's risking your friendship if she doesn't back off.
    I said to her that my ex girlfriend broke up with me in september so I'm staying single to recover from a year of relationship.
    But it didn't do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    You put the idea into her head by going for coffee she might think you'll come around, next it will be a movie and dinner, don't give her ammo if you just want to be friends
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    Doesn't seem like a girl you want to hang out of be friends with, seems impossible to do any of these two things.

I'd say have a good talk with her telling that you're not interested, also, cutting off contact with her seems the best way too.

Don't even attempt to be friends just got off contact entirely. I had a similar situation and she texted me out of the blue like 7 months after I thought I was out of the woods, made the mistake of responding and it just reopened the floodgates. No responding to calls or texts, god help you if she finds out where you work or hang out around town.