Thread: Case fans

10+ Year Old Account

Question Case fans

Hello.

At the moment, I have 2 CM Megaflow fans, one at the front (intake) and one on the top (exhaust) as well as a CM sickleflow on the rear as exhaust.

The Megaflow seems to move a lot of air... but feels about as strong as a mouse farting through the front of my case. yet my sickleflow ont he back feels like its blowing a gale! And yes I know about the megaflow being a larger surface area etc etc. However, my question is:

Think is would make much difference to plant 2 sickleflows (or similar RPM/CFM) on the front and top?

Just to add, I have no issues with CPU/GPU temps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your trying to compare CFM (cubic feet per minute, AKA airflow) vs SP (Static Pressure), Megaflow are CFM fans, Sickleflow are SP. SP fans are deisgned for coolers and radiators because they can move alot of air by building pressure, CFM fans are designed for open air case locations to move currents of air thru the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    Hello.

At the moment, I have 2 CM Megaflow fans, one at the front (intake) and one on the top (exhaust) as well as a CM sickleflow on the rear as exhaust.

The Megaflow seems to move a lot of air... but feels about as strong as a mouse farting through the front of my case. yet my sickleflow ont he back feels like its blowing a gale! And yes I know about the megaflow being a larger surface area etc etc. However, my question is:

Think is would make much difference to plant 2 sickleflows (or similar RPM/CFM) on the front and top?

Just to add, I have no issues with CPU/GPU temps.
    If it's not broken, don't mess with it. If it's working fine, i'd leave it alone.