Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Removing LFR Remaining Bosses Counter does nothing LOL

Well I get their idea but their execution aint exactly working lol. It's still obvious if you are gonna join a fresh run or not. How? Getting an instant que for the most part. You will know if you are getting a fresh run if the que is still looking for other spec (unless you are the 25th person they've found), but all in all its just more paying attention to.

plus I still see people leaving and preferring the 30 minute debuff. oh well

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Their reason for even putting it in the first place is just beyond ridiculous like I face palmed quite hard let me get it.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...r-boss-status/

Ah here you go

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly it is just an insult to us, even if we join a group with 2/3 down(which it what most queue pops have been for me when doing lfr on my two toons) there is absolutely no guarantee that when i queue again i will get a fresh group for the bosses i need. So they just waste more peoples time because they don't want to do a boss that they literally have no reason to do, otherwise they get the deserter debuff for leaving. I really am not the kind to rag on Blizz all the time, but when they keep doing goddamn lazy bandage fixes instead of fixing a problem, it just pisses me off.

Edit: i may be wrong about the part i italicized, but i still stand by my stance of disagreeing with this change.
    Last edited by huangzhong9; 2012-11-30 at 09:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

15+ Year Old Account
    I no longer look at it as a deserter debuff... I now look at it as a transmog timer to go do old raids if I have the time That or a race... how many dailies can you do untill this runs out!

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9 View Post
    honestly it is just an insult to us, even if we join a group with 2/3 down(which it what most queue pops have been for me when doing lfr on my two toons) there is absolutely no guarantee that when i queue again i will get a fresh group for the bosses i need. So they just waste more peoples time because they don't want to do a boss that they literally have no reason to do, otherwise they get the deserter debuff for leaving. I really am not the kind to rag on Blizz all the time, but when they keep doing goddamn lazy bandage fixes instead of fixing a problem, it just pisses me off.
    Do you have anything to back up this statement? Because the blue post said that if you queue for an in-progress raid, the next time you queue you will almost assuredly get a fresh queue. This was a change they made in conjunction with the removal of the Boss Counter. If you get a partial, your next one WILL be a fresh one.

wish they'd grow a pair and fix this by simply saying "you get one LFR lockout per week, if you leave a run you can't get back in to do another" and then ONLY have fresh runs. there would be no partial runs and if someone leaves for whatever reason, time to go to your /2 and recruit because the system isn't gonna find you another

do this and the problem is fixed, people aren't gonna be bitching anymore than they already are and it's done

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Do you have anything to back up this statement? Because the blue post said that if you queue for an in-progress raid, the next time you queue you will almost assuredly get a fresh queue. This was a change they made in conjunction with the removal of the Boss Counter. If you get a partial, your next one WILL be a fresh one.
    Actually it's been like this since the second week ever of LFR back with Dragon Soul, maybe even before that. I remember there was a blue post way back then saying they were changing it to give fresh runs once you've compelted. At least, I always take the in progress ones, and I have NEVER not gotten a fresh one next. Not a single time.

On these recent LFRs, I have had 2.5 hour queues as a healer because it refuses to put me into an in progress run. If it's not a guarantee, its pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    because it's ALWAYS been that way. it doesn't have a check for what you're saved to. if it did it would filter you out in the first place. there is no need to backup an obvious truth. you need something to back up your theory that the system is smart but only when it comes to your 2nd queue or whatever

it detects a hole and plugs you in, that's it, and it fails at doing that on a regular basis.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azyitt View Post
    Actually it's been like this since the second week ever of LFR back with Dragon Soul, maybe even before that. At least, I always take the in progress ones, and I have NEVER not gotten a fresh one next. Not a single time.

On these recent LFRs, I have had 2.5 hour queues as a healer because it refuses to put me into an in progress run. If it's not a guarantee, its pretty close.
    i've tanked and dpsd them, i've gotten an in progress run time and time and time again. it tries to put you in a new one every time, but if the need gets to a certain point it starts mixing and matching

I just have no urge to start a raid from the middle or the end. My motivation just evaporates. It's like if we had raid finder in ICC and got in and killed LK before we did any of the other bosses. It just doesn't feel right to me. As a player who has always stayed for all three bosses once I do get a fresh one no matter if I need gear or not, I feel like I'm getting punished for stuff other people abused right now. If people would just be nice and stay for all three bosses, we would not even have this problem. To much to ask from most people I guess though.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-11-30 at 08:40 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Whenever I get shunted into a group with 2/3 or however many I just kind of afk until its over or i get kicked.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Ending up halfway onto a raid isn't a big issue, unless you're gearing up (Which is quite conceivable at the current point in time), if Blizz added a choice for players "Full runs only" or "Don't mind either way", then the people who just want VPs (A growing group as time passes) can go on slot-filling duty while people who still need items off earlier bosses won't be forced to queue twice to get a shot at all bosses...

Deleted
    This is a good change. Even though it can be annoying to get into a 2/3 group or similar it's even more annoying to wipe at a boss and have the group completely disband because of that.

I don't understand what people are whining about, and even if some don't like it, what's the big deal anyway? Some people just cry about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Ending up halfway onto a raid isn't a big issue, unless you're gearing up (Which is quite conceivable at the current point in time), if Blizz added a choice for players "Full runs only" or "Don't mind either way", then the people who just want VPs (A growing group as time passes) can go on slot-filling duty while people who still need items off earlier bosses won't be forced to queue twice to get a shot at all bosses...
    That could conceivably work well in the latter life of a given tier of raiding. But at the beginning, when people need the gear it would lead to extremely long wait times for a group that losses a member after killing a boss, as the number of people who would be willing to voluntarily skip bosses would be much small at that point.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

I don't think I should ever get a queue pop for a raid if there's bosses I've already killed, that way I won't mind joining into a 2/3 kill because I still need that boss and I can requeue, and if I requeue and I am assured to get the first 2 bosses I haven't killed as opposed to another 2/3 down and forcefully have to do it, then I would be angry.

You put me into a 2/3 kill when I didn't kill that last boss, I'll go in.
    You put me into a 2/3 boss kill when I have killed the boss and I am queued for a fresh raid because I did that last boss, then I decline. That's how I used to do it, how I'm sure other people have done it, but now I can't do that and I don't really find it fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Whenever I get shunted into a group with 2/3 or however many I just kind of afk until its over or i get kicked.
    No computer code can change that kind of attitude.

I love this feature. Got into an LFR and someone cried because we were taking a few seconds to prepare for the fight, and left. We instantly got a replacement. Not the normal annoying banging sound over and over when the people refuse the invite over and over.

Thank you blizzard. May god bless each and every one of you! <3

I feel it made the queue time slower. It took 43 minutes for a DPS queue for first 3 HoF tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    You put me into a 2/3 boss kill when I have killed the boss and I am queued for a fresh raid because I did that last boss, then I decline. That's how I used to do it, how I'm sure other people have done it, but now I can't do that and I don't really find it fair.
    That was a very small percent. It is quite rare to get a non-fresh run after you've killed the end boss. There's a chance, sure, but it's a pretty small chance. The real problem was people already in the raid leaving, and people who were queued dodging the queue whether or not it was their first run of the week and hadn't killed any bosses yet.

These people were too stupid to realize that they're going to spend more time in the queue waiting and dodging multiple queues trying get the fresh run than it would take to enter the raid, help kill the final boss, and then only have to queue one time, never need to dodge, and be almost guaranteed to start with a fresh raid. You'd only be queueing twice tops instead of four to five times or more.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I feel it made the queue time slower. It took 43 minutes for a DPS queue for first 3 HoF tonight.
    People aren't bailing on the queue now, so you're not getting moved up 5-10 spots on one pop like you were before. That said, since there's less reason to bail on an in-progress raid (since you can't cherrypick the queue you get now), more people are staying with their fresh runs which means more fresh pops and less in-progress pops.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Deleted
    So far the system has worked for me.. On three toons I've started in an in-progres raid all three times (And only once wiped on one toon, other two was instant clear so much VP!) and signed again. All 3/3 times I joined a fresh raid the second time and got the first two bosses. Just to be a nice player I still stayed for the 3rd despite lack of loot but hey, that's just me =D

So this week, so far for me, it's worked.

I don't know why Blizzard go with lazy ass solutions like this sometimes to a much bigger problem. Many people just don't get that you can requeue and do the bosses you didn't kill yet for loot after.

There is a quest in Valley of the Four Winds where you go in the Stormstout Brewery, and it's an on-going event and you join at the stage it is, and you complete the 3 bosses in a different order than other people depending when they joined.

Was that very complicated to implement in LFR? People could get a queue, but people would have the option to continue to the first boss and not have to requeue.

So you kill boss #3, get a prompt to ask you if you want to start over, if you say yes, it fills spots with all the people who left just like it does right now if people leave group, and you all respawn in a new instance.

That would fix the problem completely..

Personally, not being able to see it's a 2/3 irritates me, I WANT 2/3 instances because I run those only for valor points.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch