Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProxy View Post
    ....that's not why you need four heals. The damage throughout p1 and p2 is FUCKING NUTS.
    Yes it is.
    The last phase is realy easy.

Try it on 10 man and then talk about predictable damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    Empress is one of the most predictable fights this tier, and the damage she does is extremely well tuned. People crying about 'RNG', when in actual fact they're just incapable of dealing with the burst damage.
    I actually pretty much agree. After an evening of working on this, we have a repeatable strategy for p1 that consistently gets us to the transition no matter which field the boss corrupts or who gets pummeled with burst. It's quite an enjoyable fight so far and forces us to really squeeze out all the mitigation and defensive utility from our specs that we can.

Since the fight remains essentially the same after the first transition, it's just a matter of more pulls now 'till we start getting to the last phase. Good luck to everyone working on the encounter at the moment!

EDIT: Pushing second transition by now.. getting there, little by little.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-12-04 at 08:48 AM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    Empress is one of the most predictable fights this tier, and the damage she does is extremely well tuned. People crying about 'RNG', when in actual fact they're just incapable of dealing with the burst damage.
    in 25man you have hand of protection/sacrifice for every field, at least 2 disc priests and a ton raid cooldowns, what makes it significantly easier.
    if a tank dies or the sonic discharge kills the raid its bad cd management, but if someone is hit by 2 bolts from the corrupted field and dread screech or 2 poison bombs and sonic blade you cant do anything but battlerezzing °o°.

gear makes the fight a lot easier, 20k hp make a big difference.
    Last edited by mmocd4b9946dea; 2012-12-03 at 11:26 AM.

Downed it, but that was seriously a ton of damage.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouletos View Post
    Yes it is.
    The last phase is realy easy.
    reading.....comprehension......non existent....

Quote Originally Posted by Kodt View Post
    in 25man you have hand of protection/sacrifice for every field, at least 2 disc priests and a ton raid cooldowns, what makes it significantly easier.
    if a tank dies or the sonic discharge kills the raid its bad cd management, but if someone is hit by 2 bolts from the corrupted field and dread screech or 2 poison bombs and sonic blade you cant do anything but battlerezzing °o°.

gear makes the fight a lot easier, 20k hp make a big difference.
    Actually about 70% of the wipes on Empress are due to P1, 29% to P2 tank deaths and kiting through traps (don't ask), the rest is "I can't see I got the fear", there's always a couple of those the first time you get a new mechanic

Best way to handle the P1 RNG is to have Healthstones, I think using 5-6 during Empress is pretty common. That and people inside fields (we had 5 in the corrupted field spamming spells for like a few seconds to make sure it blows first, and the Cry person running between fields or completely stopping casting) coming out even with Cry to get healed up since you can't get healed from any source inside.

Getting hit by sonic blade is not that "RNG"

Getting to P3 is the key. Our 1st time into P3, downed it. We even pushed into P3 with 2 dissonance fields up. P2 tank damage is pretty insane no matter how you split it up. I would rather have harder mechanics, than RNG 1 shots (so much dmg simultaenously).

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Had a 1,6 mill wipe yesterday. Wiped a few times to enrage due to deaths in phase 3. We are easily handling phase 1, but tank deaths in phase 2 happens quite often still. Expecting it to go down tonight tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the kill today.

Like some others in this thread, the first try to last phase and downed it. P1&P2 very repeatable, "RNG" deaths non-existent once the tactics got solid.

Good luck to the rest of peeps still progressing on this!
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-12-09 at 11:37 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahlove View Post
    Don't we all just love all these RNG fights this xpac? I sure don't...
    that's a really really really bad statement haha.

Anyone else remember your RNG on val'kyr or defile?... better hope they were on warlocks or casters. Oh let's even head back to Yogg-saron apathy and various other debuffs, sindragosa unchained magic with blocks, putricide ooze targetting with death debuff..
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major

Any suggestions for keeping the tanks alive in Phase 2, short of chaining tank cooldowns and external cooldowns? Any other lesser known tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    You have to 8 heal it on 25 lol.
    It's still less than 10man. If you need 4 healers in 10man you should need 10 healers in 25man to be on same "level" as 10man is.

Deleted
    our 10 man is gonna start on her soon.

we have 0 warlocks, 0 warriors and 0 shamans

looking forward to it.

Also, do any of you know how to deal with melee who get Fixated in Phase 2? How can they react fast enough if an enemy that they are in melee range of Fixates them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergg View Post
    Also, do any of you know how to deal with melee who get Fixated in Phase 2? How can they react fast enough if an enemy that they are in melee range of Fixates them?
    I havn't done it on heroic yet, but as long as they don't get one shot, they should be able to react with their own defensive cds

Rogues take Cheat Death and Prep. Vanish instantly, Prep in case you need another, Cheat Death in case you're slow once. They do 1 shot. Plate/mail melee may have 2-3 hits.

Any suggestions for keeping the tanks alive in Phase 2, short of chaining tank cooldowns and external cooldowns? Any other lesser known tricks?
    Kite on the proper side (do not pack a add from one pack with the ones from the other pack, I think that was our main, most visible cause of death for tanks). Stuns, as many as you can possibly use. If you can talent one, take it.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Yea, 10 man encounters having to be 4 healed because 10 is so much easier than 25....
    You do know you need to 8 heal it and use 3 tanks on 25? And P3 isn't walkover on 25 like it is on 10 man. Get a grip before stating things like that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Janir View Post
    It's still less than 10man. If you need 4 healers in 10man you should need 10 healers in 25man to be on same "level" as 10man is.
    Tank and healers are 60% of the raid on 10 man. Tank and healers are 44% of the raid on 25 man.

I am not stating it's easier or harder in either difficulty but if you are going to start throwing numbers get some facts first before making your self look stupid.
    Last edited by Radalek; 2012-12-11 at 01:36 PM.

Make sure your other tank takes one Windblade (in addition to the two Reavers) and try to chain as many cooldowns as you can. Also make sure your DPS are stunning them as often as possible while making sure DPS with low duration stuns (Shadowfury comes to mind) aren't used very often at least so as not to DR the longer stuns.

Whenever I was watching my debuffs intently I never even had my Purgatory proc. (granted I am a DK so it could that I've taken hits) Pretty sure they don't turn around and instantly hit you so you have ~a second to run. Just make sure your melee know exactly when they get Fixated.

Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    You do know you need to 8 heal it and use 3 tanks on 25? And P3 isn't walkover on 25 like it is on 10 man. Get a grip before stating things like that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 02:33 PM ----------

Tank and healers are 60% of the raid on 10 man. Tank and healers are 44% of the raid on 25 man.

I am not stating it's easier or harder in either difficulty but if you are going to start throwing numbers get some facts first before making your self look stupid.

It's not so much how many healers or how many percent of a raid group is made up of healers, it's more the fact that a 25-man has access to so many more raid cooldowns whilst the number of Dissonance Fields is identical in both difficulties.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2012-12-11 at 01:52 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL